Been days research cue options. Some questions. Pechauer butt (already have) with Predator Revo shaft? Different butt?

someusername

I have been shooting with a pechauer for a while. I have the extension for it ($200+) and I like it. That said, I played with low deflection cues and they definitely made me better.

I have no interest in J Flowers since they're Chinese.

I really want to get a Predator Revo shaft. I think the 12.4 is the model for me. I can't tell (and honestly neither can Predator) if any of their options will fit my joint. I have the Pechauer Speed joint. I don't think it fits with the Predator shafts.

My question then is what to get. The Predator complete cues are stupid expensive, so they're out. I'm find with a used butt and getting something like a Revo shaf and mismatching.

I'm a little confused by cue tips and what to do. I use spin and finesse. I wouldn't be breaking with the cue. Suggestions for hardness is probably all over the place. I'm told I'm probably a 6 or 7 in league play. Efron isn't going to run screaming if I show up in a pool hall but I've held a bar table for hours.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking at? I'm pretty set on the Revo based on some research. Help me AZ people. I'm lost in decision fatigue here.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been shooting with a pechauer for a while. I have the extension for it ($200+) and I like it. That said, I played with low deflection cues and they definitely made me better.

I really want to get a Predator Revo shaft. I think the 12.4 is the model for me. I can't tell (and honestly neither can Predator) if any of their options will fit my joint. I have the Pechauer Speed joint. I don't think it fits with the Predator shafts.

My question then is what to get. The Predator complete cues are stupid expensive, so they're out. I'm find with a used butt and getting something like a Revo shaf and mismatching.

I'm a little confused by cue tips and what to do. I use spin and finesse. I wouldn't be breaking with the cue. Suggestions for hardness is probably all over the place. I'm told I'm probably a 6 or 7 in league play. Efron isn't going to run screaming if I show up in a pool hall but I've held a bar table for hours.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking at? I'm pretty set on the Revo based on some research. Help me AZ people. I'm lost in decision fatigue here.
Buy and Try is your best tool. Tips can be changed .. your not stuck with any.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gambler67, a member here, would know which joint, obtainable on a Revo, fits your Pechauer butt.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Find a local cue repair shop and ask to order a revo to fit your butt through them. They will tell you what can be done. Probably the easiest if you are familar with what to order.

I like prefer the rogue cf shaft to the revo, and since it is made by pechauer easy to match to your butt. Just another option to to add to the pile ;)

PNWLocal

Take a look at the Jacoby Black V4 shaft, the price is good and they have the Pechauer pin available. The joint collar is 21.5mm (.850 in). Use a micrometer to measure the butt on your Pechauer and see if it matches. Pechauer website has the Rogue CF shaft joint diameter of .850 in as well so it may be a good fit for you.

someusername

Find a local cue repair shop and ask to order a revo to fit your butt through them. They will tell you what can be done. Probably the easiest if you are familar with what to order.

I like prefer the rogue cf shaft to the revo, and since it is made by pechauer easy to match to your butt. Just another option to to add to the pile ;)
I'd not. I've talked to people who've owned both. The deflection is a lot more on the rogue, so it's not an option. If I'm going through this hassle, I want the least deflection possible. It would by far be the easiest solution.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buy your Revo through Seyberts if at all possible.

Let them know that it is going on a Pechauer & specify either the JP or Pro series.

They will do the quick fix on I believe a 5/16x14 shaft to fit your cue.

someusername

Take a look at the Jacoby Black V4 shaft, the price is good and they have the Pechauer pin available. The joint collar is 21.5mm (.850 in). Use a micrometer to measure the butt on your Pechauer and see if it matches. Pechauer website has the Rogue CF shaft joint diameter of .850 in as well so it may be a good fit for you.
Where does one find a micrometer?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t waste your time on the other shaft brands. All the members here already did that. The Revo line is the lowest squirt (per equivalent diameter). If the squirt is your main objective.

Getting a 5/16-14 shaft will probably get you the most butt options.

Me personally, I’d get a butt with cold colors. They look better with the black shafts. And since the Revo does not have a joint collar, I’d want a butt without one also.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gambler67, a member here, would know which joint, obtainable on a Revo, fits your Pechauer butt.
Buy your Revo through Seyberts if at all possible.

Let them know that it is going on a Pechauer & specify either the JP or Pro series.

They will do the quick fix on I believe a 5/16x14 shaft to fit your cue.
This is a good post. not all 5/16x14 pins are the same. Not all Pechauer butts are the same. Whoever you buy the revo from, they need to know what they are doing.

someusername

Don’t waste your time on the other shaft brands. All the members here already did that. The Revo line is the lowest squirt (per equivalent diameter). If the squirt is your main objective.

Getting a 5/16-14 shaft will probably get you the most butt options.

Me personally, I’d get a butt with cold colors. They look better with the black shafts. And since the Revo does not have a joint collar, I’d want a butt without one also.
This is really the path I'm going down. The Predator butts are $$ and hugely confusing. Any idea on what other butt (that would work with Revo out of the box that you recommend?

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
If it hasn't been asked what model Pechauer do you have? Is it a JP series or Pro series?

Iwishiwasrich

Why not change the pin in your cue to a common pin. A competent cue repair man should be able to handle that.Order the shaft to match. I'm waiting for seyberts to get 12.4 radial pin revos back in stock,so make sure the one you choose is available.

someusername

Why not change the pin in your cue to a common pin. A competent cue repair man should be able to handle that.Order the shaft to match. I'm waiting for seyberts to get 12.4 radial pin revos back in stock,so make sure the one you choose is available.
Thanks for the suggestion. It seems like a lot of money to waste and there's not a lot of cue makers handy to me. I'll probably end up selling this cue, getting a predator shaft and some butt that's cheaper than the king's ransom that Predator wants.

Last edited:

asaluchs

I've read Lucasi uses the same uniloc quick release joints as Revo uniloc. Seyberts has some and can tell you for sure.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is really the path I'm going down. The Predator butts are $$ and hugely confusing. Any idea on what other butt (that would work with Revo out of the box that you recomme
You don’t want a Predator butt, period. Read the cue makers section. Out of curiosity, I have not, have you tried Pechauers Carbon shaft. I would think they would have done extensive testing with their butts. Maybe someone has a link to compare them. I think Dr Dave may have done some tests.