Bell Forest Products Robbed at SBE

jkblbsl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For decades now the source of much of the finest materials available for us to build the cues you all enjoy so much has been Boone and Eric at Bell Forest Products in Michigan. They unfortunately were the victims of a robbery last week at the SBE and lost a considerable amount of money. Please consider making a donation to the site link below to help make them whole again. Without dedicated merchants like them the pool world would be a much sadder place. Your contribution of any size will be greatly appreciated.

https://givesendgo.com/Bellforestproducts

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For decades now the source of much of the finest materials available for us to build the cues you all enjoy so much has been Boone and Eric at Bell Forest Products in Michigan. They unfortunately were the victims of a robbery last week at the SBE and lost a considerable amount of money. Please consider making a donation to the site link below to help make them whole again. Without dedicated merchants like them the pool world would be a much sadder place. Your contribution of any size will be greatly appreciated.

Boone and Eric are very nice people to deal with. It is sad that some low life decided to rob hard working honest people.

Miller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were robbed of $30K worth of materials? Any details of how this happened/could happen? How many turning squares (regardless of species) would that have to be?

Wow.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wonder if insurance (business or personal) covers x amount? Robbery or burglary? Regardless this is horrible news. I bought a few dowels from Bell for canes. Great people/vendor to deal with.

Hard Knock Cues

They were robbed of $30K worth of materials? Any details of how this happened/could happen? How many turning squares (regardless of species) would that have to be?

Wow.
If on average of $50 a piece it would be 600 pieces. That's a truck load. Even at $100 its 300 pcs. Don't know how that got missed.
It does suck for them but they should have insurance. Thieves suck!

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's really unfortunate, they're great people to do business with. Hopefully the thieves get what they deserve!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

How about re posting this on the main forum and see if it can pick back up some traction?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
If on average of $50 a piece it would be 600 pieces. That's a truck load. Even at $100 its 300 pcs. Don't know how that got missed.
They brought some high end woods too. One maker alone bought some 5K, I heard.
They got me for a few hundred. I'm just a little guy.
Sorry to hear this about BF. But, why the heck do you keep 30K in the truck unguarded ?

Last edited:

DeeDeeCues

They brought some high end woods too. One maker alone bought some 5K, I heard.
They got me for a few hundred. I'm just a little guy.
Sorry to hear this about BF. But, why the heck do you keep 30K in the truch unguarded ?

A lot of things are odd here. The thief chose the right mark. First scouting them, then hitting them when there was that much cash in the rig. Many coincidences. The thief definitely has more intimate knowledge than a random person.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
A lot of things are odd here. The thief chose the right mark. First scouting them, then hitting them when there was that much cash in the rig. Many coincidences. The thief definitely has more intimate knowledge than a random person.
It wasn't me . Haha!
Just like everyone else, I have a suspicion . Definitely not a solo job.
Too bad the cops can't subphoena phone messages .

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Maybe an overnight robbery ? I would be amazed if this heist took place during show hours.

And I agree, thieves suck !

Dave