Beloit, WI - The Carom Room - $5,000 Added Guaranteed - August 23rd thru 25th

Dave Coles

Registered
Ok, we have three weeks to go. We are now taking entry fees by credit card. The phone has been ringing off the hook the last couple of days. This is going to be a real tough field this year, and that should make for a great calcutta. If you would like to pay your entry fee by credit card, call any time and the bartender will get you on the list. Our number is: (608) 365-1811.

Hey Joe, it took me three tries to log in, I couldn't remember my username and password. Lol! Good to hear from you buddy.

Diamond 69 and Joey A, thanks for the kind words. I hope to see both of you at this event, or one of our other upcoming tourneys.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Dave's going all out..........

:yes:
Gonna be a great event!!

My first time to Wisconsin and I can't think of better room to be visiting!

Ray

This is already a real Special :yes:event with a guy like Dave Coles that just keeps doing this for pool over and over again.

Bringing in Ray (Big truck):welcome::bow-down: Hansen is real icing on the cake.

I've seen Ray set up and tear down his equipment , he goes to great lengths to make everything as Perfect As possible. A real professional for sure.

For those of you that can't make it you can get a great show at home but for those that can make it there you won't want to miss any of the action.

There will be just too many Main Events here as far as Star matchups are concerned to hardly keep track of.

Ray usually tries to get the best matchup he can on the stream or maybe 2 now with a split screen but there is nothing like being there and support this great room operator, Dave Coles:yeah::thumbup2: and his faithful crew.

You won't want to miss any of the action. this is history in the making:shocked2:. These are tournaments that people will talk about for ever.

It's SMOKE FREE also. so you can stay all day and feel good when you leave. You know i like that!

Freddy Bender sang a song years ago that went like this:

I can see clearly now the rain has gone. The remake for the non smokers would go like this.

I can breathe clearly now the smoke is gone. Somebody needs to get on that and do this remake for sure:rolleyes:.

Get there and be a part of it at the Carom Room in Beloit Wisconsin. .

Spend all day there. Bring the wife. Bring the girlfriend.:groucho: Or bring the wife and the girlfriend.

Great food and plenty to drink. And Dave Coles hospitality is reflected through each and everyone of his staff.

This is going to be such a great event that they should be charging an admission just to be there but they don't !

There's no admission and for a price of a few drinks and great food you will see some of the best bar table pool played in the world.:yes:

See ya there Dave, Duane, Carlos and Ray...........and Thanks for making our pool world an even better place to be!

Last edited:

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paid up today!

I just called in my payment and I have already made my arrangements to tie this in with a business trip to Wisconsin as well. I am really looking forward to playing. I have not played at the Carom Room since I moved from Milwaukee about 4yrs ago now. I see I am going to see some friends from my Wisconsin pool playing days. Sweet! I am going to need a receipt so I can claim this on my taxes for the charitable donation write off!!!!!!:thumbup:

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
Gonna be a great event!!

My first time to Wisconsin and I can't think of better room to be visiting!

Ray

Ray, there isnt a better room to go to up there! And the people are top notch too. You cant ask for a better room or room owner, and dont forget Duane, he is a great guy too! Be sure to try the italian chicken sandwich, it is superb! Lol. Its nice to see a place ran the right way, and ran by good people. Enjoy your trip man!

Joe

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update to Paid Entrants

Dave/Duane,

Can you guys post a listing of paid entrants into the tournament? I am anticipating alot of heavy hitters from the Midwest will be in attendance. I hear there may be some "giant killers" in the mix too....:eek:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave/Duane,

Can you guys post a listing of paid entrants into the tournament? I am anticipating alot of heavy hitters from the Midwest will be in attendance. I hear there may be some "giant killers" in the mix too....:eek:

This being Larry Nevel's home town usually we would see him there, and we still might.

The recent chain of events that occurred with Bonus Ball has been a kick in the groin to many top players. Many of them don't even feel like seeing a pool cue right now. Hopefully they will shake it off and get back to having a good time. THAT'S the way we like to see them.

James Davis Jr will be there, Robert Frost is also signed up. Here's a few from a week ago:

Paid:

Dave Coles
Tom Mcluskey
Ron Dobosenski Dobi - 6 time Wi State 14.1 and 9 Ball
Jon Kramer - Wi Master
Chris Patterson Master
Tyler Styer
Matt Daiber Millwaukee Wi
Sergio Rivas
Chad Lund -
Johnny Fields
Will Freeman
Scotty Cohen
Bob Lang
Fred Ryser
Tom Stephenson
James Davis Jr

Called:

Joey Gray
Chip Compton
Robert Frost
Ike Runnels
Jesse Bowman

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I thought!

This being Larry Nevel's home town usually we would see him there, and we still might.

The recent chain of events that occurred with Bonus Ball has been a kick in the groin to many top players. Many of them don't even feel like seeing a pool cue right now. Hopefully they will shake it off and get back to having a good time. THAT'S the way we like to see them.

James Davis Jr will be there, Robert Frost is also signed up. Here's a few from a week ago:

Paid:

Dave Coles
Tom Mcluskey
Ron Dobosenski Dobi - 6 time Wi State 14.1 and 9 Ball
Jon Kramer - Wi Master
Chris Patterson Master
Tyler Styer
Matt Daiber Millwaukee Wi
Sergio Rivas
Chad Lund -
Johnny Fields
Will Freeman
Scotty Cohen
Bob Lang
Fred Ryser
Tom Stephenson
James Davis Jr

Called:

Joey Gray
Chip Compton
Robert Frost
Ike Runnels
Jesse Bowman

I knew that this tournament would be stacked!!!! I am sure that there will be some other joiners as well...surprised that there are still some folks missing from the Milwaukee and Chicago area on the list..fairly certain that the tournament will fill up and have some on a waiting list...maybe I should sell my spot!!! LOL.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I really can't say enough about this event and I've never been to it. :D

I mean, $5,000 guaranteed added money.

NO FEES of ANY KIND.

NO QUARTERS for the tables.

TEN BALL races to 9. You sure can get your play in at this event.

A WEEKEND tournament. (my kind of tournament)

This is an incredible tournament.

I wish more promoters would have an event like this.

If you don't like this tournament, you will never like any tournament.

JoeyA

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really can't say enough about this event and I've never been to it. :D

I mean, $5,000 guaranteed added money.

NO FEES of ANY KIND.

NO QUARTERS for the tables.

TEN BALL races to 9. You sure can get your play in at this event.

A WEEKEND tournament. (my kind of tournament)

This is an incredible tournament.

I wish more promoters would have an event like this.

If you don't like this tournament, you will never like any tournament.

JoeyA

SO true Joey.

I know there are events that are 7,000 or more with fees that payout less. This is a really great thing. The players should take note and come and get ya some.

Ray

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
SO true Joey.

I know there are events that are 7,000 or more with fees that payout less. This is a really great thing. The players should take note and come and get ya some.

Ray

I am still thinking about this event.
JoeyA

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am still thinking about this event.
JoeyA

and you will be thinking about it for a long time after it's over.... Keep the win streak going and pop on up!! :eek:

side note........ANY players that are flying in, I can help you save some $$$$. Just give me a call.

254-379-2569 call or text

Ray

Dave Coles

Registered
Here is a list of the paid players. We have had tons of phone calls, but nobody gets on the list without being paid. The entry fee goes up to $120 on August 13th, NO EXCEPTIONS! We do not save spots. Get your entry fee in now and save the $20 late fee.
I will update the list as the entries come in.
Thanks for all the positive feedback and help promoting this event, we do appreciate it!

1. Dave Coles
2. Tom McCluskey
3. Ron Dobosenski
4. Jon Kramer
5. Jeff Carter
6. Fred Ryser
7. Tommy Stephenson
8. Chris Patterson
9. Tyler Styer
10. Matt Daiber
11. Sergio Rivas
12. Chad Lund
13. John Fields
14. Will Freeman
15. Ken Harvell
16. Dan Stenberg
17. Shannon Schroeder
18. Jeff Mohr
19. Jim Fitzpatrick
20. Kyle Boers
21. James Davis Jr.
22. Matt Mitchell
23. Patrick Troutman
24. Nick Marsolek
25. Matt Pobanz
26. Pete Heard
27. Lance Schofield
28. Ike Runnels
29. Duane Tuula
30. Roy Schuler
31. Stan Torangeau
32. A.J. Provi
33. Duncan Kaufman
34. Scott Cohen
35. Jason Blom
36. Tom Tan
37. Joe Solomon
38. Carlos McGill
39. Chad Elston
40. Bill Mielke
41. Austin Agroll
42. Gil Hernandez
43. Danny Gokhul
44. Alex Olinger
45. Dale Evry
46. Billy Thorpe
47. Jesse Bowman
48. Jason Klatt
49. Brad Ragon
50. Willie Munson
51. Jeff Sergent
52. Scott Phillips
53. Justin Ihlenfeldt
54. Jamie Welch
55. Greg Chavera
56. Jamie Pluta
57. Rory Hendrickson
58. Steve Boucher

$200 10-Ball At 10:00 -- First 16 Players Paid Only
1. Jason Klatt
2. Jesse Bowman
3. Jamie Pluta
4. Rory Hendrickson

Last edited:

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely

I'm also a "b" player. We can match up some cheap sets while Im up if you want.

Ray

I will definitely take you up on that offer! I will be sporting some new equipment and hope to get in a solid two weeks of practice leading up to the tournament. We can even mix it up with different games...although I have only played one pocket probably a half dozen times in my life. I do play a fair amount of Banks though. :D

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like an awesome event,,, hope I can get there to at least watch.

Does The Carom Room have 9' and/or 3 cushion tables too???? Never been there.

Cheessehead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes , 8-9' (7 gold crowns with rail extended rails and one diamond) 1-3 cushion and 1 snooker table