Best '09 event and why?

chicagomike

Play with an Ed Young cue
Silver Member
I get my new vacation block for '09 soon. I'm wondering what members think is the "go to" event of the year and why, besides DDC. I already know the DDC is the place to be in January and already plan to be there.

Live long and play strong,
-Chicagomike

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Super Billiards Expo

Allen Hopkin's Super Billiards Expo is one event that I never miss. It is a cue lovers paradise. The pool tournaments and action tables are always a fun time as well. I would book a trip if you get the chance, you will not be sorry.

Kevin

chicagomike

Silver Member
Kevin Lindstrom said:
Allen Hopkin's Super Billiards Expo is one event that I never miss. It is a cue lovers paradise. The pool tournaments and action tables are always a fun time as well. I would book a trip if you get the chance, you will not be sorry.

Kevin

Sounds good. What time of year? Bar tables or 9 footers? Both?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
chicagomike said:
I get my new vacation block for '09 soon. I'm wondering what members think is the "go to" event of the year and why, besides DDC. I already know the DDC is the place to be in January and already plan to be there.

-Chicagomike

Assume you mean the DCC, not the DDC.

Anyway, not enough info. Are you looking for an event to play in or one to attend? Does the event have to be played in America? Does it have to be a men's event? Can it be a team event or must it be an individual event?

chicagomike

Silver Member
sjm said:
Assume you mean the DCC, not the DDC.

Anyway, not enough info. Are you looking for an event to play in or one to attend? Does the event have to be played in America? Does it have to be a men's event? Can it be a team event or must it be an individual event?

Yep, I meant DCC. Anyway, men's event in the USA. I would prefer a combination event with 1-pocket and 9 ball. I would like to participate and love watching the action or trying some cheap on my own. Always interested in what vendors have to offer and occasionally make a purchase. But, will try other events if they come highly recommended.

-Chicagomike

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
chicagomike said:
Yep, I meant DCC. Anyway, men's event in the USA. I would prefer a combination event with 1-pocket and 9 ball. I would like to participate and love watching the action or trying some cheap on my own. Always interested in what vendors have to offer and occasionally make a purchase. But, will try other events if they come highly recommended.

-Chicagomike

Super Billiards Expo at Valley forge will get you all the bar table nine ball and one pocket action you can handle.

For one pocket tourneys other than DCC, I don't know of much more than the Grady Matthews events and the Great Southern Billiard Tour events. doubt their schedules are solid yet, but you can check with Grady Matthews and Shannon Daulton.

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
This here is an easy decision. The Super Billiards Expo. No matter where I am in the world I always take vacation and have not missed a year since 1999.

This is a spectacular show for all skill levels. MANY different tournaments going on for all ages. You can find a game for 1000's or a simple game for 5 bucks. And if you cannot find your dream cue at the expo than it simply does not exist. If you like pool even a little bit you must make an effort to go at least once.

John

chicagomike

Silver Member
Well, it sounds like the Hopkins event is the place to be. I'll do my best to be there. Thanks to all!

Dana Bufalo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Turning Stone Classic XII - $25,000 ADDED - Verona, NY - February 19-22, 2009

chicagomike said:
I get my new vacation block for '09 soon. I'm wondering what members think is the "go to" event of the year and why, besides DDC. I already know the DDC is the place to be in January and already plan to be there. Live long and play strong, Chicagomike
For more info go to http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=122809 .

emptyarenajh4.jpg

Photo courtesy of Bruce Clayton

IMG_0090.jpg

Photo courtesy of Mitch Heydt

Last edited: