Best 14.1 Players in Illinois?

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Who do you think the best straight pool players in Illinois are?

There is a qualifier on August 15 at Red Shoes for the World Straight Pool Championship in New Jersey August 24. The Red Shoes Qualifier is limited to 16 and the top two go to Jersey.

I'd like to get the word out to good straight pool players in Illinois and actually even in other states.

In Illinois, I'd guess that Tom Karabotsos and Mike Bandy are probably a couple of the best but I'm not even sure if they play much anymore. Any other names you guys can think of?
 
Dallas West is numero uno! Rockford's legendary 2 time U.S. Open 14.1 Champion is one of pool's real unsung great champions. Dallas has never beat his own chest, is a great commentator at Accu-Stats and is also a great 9 baller, finishing 2nd in the 1995 World 9 Ball Championship.
 
Bobby Hunter i suppose would be the best in that region. Dont know how popular 14.1 is there anymore. Tom Karabotsos can play some too
 
I heard Bobby Hunter could play a little straight pool.

Aaron

Yeah. You are right. I wasn't thinking about him since he is already invited to the World Championship and therefore I don't think he can play in the qualifier, but you are right. He needs to go to the top of the list in Illinois, I think.
 
Dallas West is numero uno! Rockford's legendary 2 time U.S. Open 14.1 Champion is one of pool's real unsung great champions. Dallas has never beat his own chest, is a great commentator at Accu-Stats and is also a great 9 baller, finishing 2nd in the 1995 World 9 Ball Championship.
I saw him play at a Red Shoes 14.1 tournament about 3 years ago. Jeff Carter beat him in the finals.

It would be cool if he were to come in to play. I sent a flyer to his pool hall in Rockford.
 
Back
Top