Best belt type chalk holder

xX-Wizard-Xx

I was thinking the same about Mika. I always liked just keeping it on the rail too, but I now realize quite a few folks don’t like that, so…my take is to accommodate my opponents wishes and try and start keeping my chalk off the table. It’s kinda like marriage, try to comply with all requests that are reasonable and yeah that chalk off the rail request is reasonable in my opinion. Besides it will give less chance of my cats getting into it at home.
pool players have become soo picky and emotional ... no wonder people dont like watching

i literally don't care where the chalk is … but i don't agonize over something that matters so little.

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I te
pool players have become soo picky and emotional ... no wonder people dont like watching

i literally don't care where the chalk is … but i don't agonize over something that matters so little.
I agree! I miss the old days. Sometimes it’s just easier to compromise than deal with potential drama.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
I don’t like chasing the chalk around the table. I tried the stick in the pocket one for a while but it kept falling out. I replaced the plastic stick with a brass spike (from an old shipwreck). Stayed in the pocket, but heavy to chalk with.

Searched for a good Magnet one for a while and decided to make my own. I never have a problem with it falling off except the occasional big bump. I’ve seen chalk fall off the table or out of the pocket just as much. I really like the magnet for the convenience and never getting distracted looking for the chalk on the table.

I started with a cheap money clip for a while until they doubled in price all of a sudden, so I tried my hand at making one.

I ended making a batch since people at league wanted one. Some also wanted a pocket stick type, so I made a few of those too.

These were a lot of work to make them look good and hide the magnet from sight. If you just want the function, glue a neo-magnet on the chalk and throw another magnet in your pocket like TipWilson does.

IMG_7628.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_2486.jpeg

IMG_5208.jpeg

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_3322.jpeg

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don’t like chasing the chalk around the table. I tried the stick in the pocket one for a while but it kept falling out. I replaced the plastic stick with a brass spike (from an old shipwreck). Stayed in the pocket, but heavy to chalk with.

Searched for a good Magnet one for a while and decided to make my own. I never have a problem with it falling off except the occasional big bump. I’ve seen chalk fall off the table or out of the pocket just as much. I really like the magnet for the convenience and never getting distracted looking for the chalk on the table.

I started with a cheap money clip for a while until they doubled in price all of a sudden, so I tried my hand at making one.

I ended making a batch since people at league wanted one. Some also wanted a pocket stick type, so I made a few of those too.

These were a lot of work to make them look good and hide the magnet from sight. If you just want the function, glue a neo-magnet on the chalk and throw another magnet in your pocket like TipWilson does.

View attachment 701181

View attachment 701182

View attachment 701185

View attachment 701187

View attachment 701189

View attachment 701190
nice job.....(y)

xX-Wizard-Xx

View attachment 701181

View attachment 701182

View attachment 701185

View attachment 701187

View attachment 701189

View attachment 701190
yeah its a real tragedy to have to walk a few feet and get the cube off the rail.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I agree! I miss the old days. Sometimes it’s just easier to compromise than deal with potential drama.
For me it's a mutual respect thing. I don't leave stuff on the table for my opponent to deal with. I don't think it much to ask to expect the same. That said, I don't get bent out of shape for a piece of chalk. Now when it becomes 2, 3, or more. Then I make the effort to collect them and place them out of the way.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
I make the strongest pull one on the market (to my knowledge). It is designed to use up to 4 magnets to adjust pull strength. And I only use N40+ magnets. So 4 magnets is REALLY strong. I have 4 size clips for pants, belts, etc. Options for spacers, pocket disc (which is also a ball marker) caps, etc.

Also, here's a video review from SSOP.

-td

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried a variety of holders. The Kamui holder is the best one I've used. At $50 or whatever it is, it sound excessive but the magnet is strong, the case is light, compact, durable, doesn't ever let the chalk fall out, and works well with rounded chalk, too (I have the hexagonal one and use it for Taom). I've been using mine for two years now and I wouldn't change a thing about it.
Yeah that 50 bucks is killing me... Just can't seem to justify it. If I lost that I'd really be upset!!

This caught my attention, but I cannot find it here. It's only in the UK, Peradon wants $34.00 just for shipping! The Kamui is cheaper than that combined cost and available on Amazon.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I make the strongest pull one on the market (to my knowledge). It is designed to use up to 4 magnets to adjust pull strength. And I only use N40+ magnets. So 4 magnets is REALLY strong. I have 4 size clips for pants, belts, etc. Options for spacers, pocket disc (which is also a ball marker) caps, etc.

Also, here's a video review from SSOP.

-td
Thank you for the link, it may be the ticket. I did watch thevideo and went to the Etsy accout and he does offer one for square chalk. I have used Magic chalk since day one and gave RJ the info on it in the beginning/ I got the connection from Mary Avina a long time ago.

Thanks again for the heads up!

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Not good if the magnet is too strong, as it’s too hard to pull it off your pants or belt, or will pull the chalk right out of the chalk sleeve.
I don't use the sleeve that came with this magnet. I use one similar to the one in this link: https://seyberts.com/collections/ch...-magnetic-chalk-holder?variant=41732735271110. Holds the chalk on two sides and has a solid bottom. Can be used with a variety of chalk shapes. I slip the magnet (not clip) down into my jeans/shorts back pocket and all is good. No problems whatsoever.

All that said, most of the time I just use my chalk without a holder and set it on the rail while shooting.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ether put it my pocket.or when it's on the rail. Just make sure I take it with me, when I sit down. I know quite a few, don't like you leaving chalk on the table.

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We could be discussing best cue, best aiming system, best ball set, best tip, etc, etc, etc.

Would you rather????

The game is all about potting balls. You can do it with a house cue or with a Balabushka. No one cares what your using on the tip. Most of this BS is a millennial thing. Never walked in a bar or pool hall; pulled something off the rack; taken everyone’s money home with them.