Best belt type chalk holder

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had a really nice folding leather magnetic holder, but it grew legs after a couple of years. A guy around Houston made it. But the replacements he had I did not like the leather at all, so I ended up taking black Gorilla tape and two earth magnets (one on each side of the fold) and making one myself. I used the same Gorilla tape to stick a 1" washer on the bottom of the chalk. Those earth magnets are so strong, you don't need another magnet on the chalk lol -- just a steel washer is fine! These Gorilla tape magnetic chalk holders are lasting at least a year or so -- and no one has walked off with one yet either :LOL:

kev_eh

Did some research and decided on the Mezz Smart Chalk Set.
Small and foldable clip that won't tear up your pants. Strong magnet. Comes with a cube of good quality chalk that has the magnet "built-in" the cube. Also has a handy rubber cover so the chalk doesn't mess up the inside of your case.
$40 is still a bit high, but these clips all seem to be expensive.

1685135074744.png

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have tried so many chalk holders and devices and none of them ever satisfied me.
My needs are simple…..I want the chalk handy, easy to reach and minimum mess.

It is more popular with the Brits and European players. IMO, it’s the best way to carry.
A leather chalk pouch is inconspicuous & positions easily to reach and return chalk.
A Peridon chalk holder has been my setup since about 2004. I really like it.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two pages of nonsense. It seems to be a trend on this site.
If it is nonsense to read threads you find boring or inconsequential, what does it say about the reader
who bitches these type threads are nonsense but takes then takes the time to read and participate?

Maybe your time, and I might add opinion, would be better spent ignoring these threads and instead,
seek out topics, as limited as the menu might otherwise seem, that pique your interest instead of griping?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Peridon chalk holder has been my setup since about 2004. I really like it.
Looking forward to seeing you offer Mike Montalvo cues. The Cohen pool cue with bridged veneers
you have available is one of Eddie’s nicest, recent designs. I’m surprised chalk pouches aren’t more
popular but to my way of thinking, the pouch offers simplicity, cleanliness, convenience & ease of use.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to seeing you offer Mike Montalvo cues. The Cohen pool cue with bridged veneers
you have available is one of Eddie’s nicest, recent designs. I’m surprised chalk pouches aren’t more
popular but to my way of thinking, the pouch offers simplicity, cleanliness, convenience & ease of use.
Even from Paradon, the one I bought originally is superior to the 3-4 I have since bought in terms of pouch opening and ease of use. It’s like they change them up a bit.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is the best chalk holder not the rails on the table ??
I played too much three cushion at Chris’s and was taught to never leave your chalk on a rail. Worse yet is to do that with the chalk side down! That is considered the worst in three cushion.

Boy do I miss Chris’s!!!

cwong79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I considered this but the price stopped me. Is it really that much better??
its become part of my PSR. So it does matter and I like it best after mucking around with other options which had some flaws. The leather backer on the other portion has worn off. I intend on buying more of these holders to keep around.

WoodyJ

Sacred Cow=Best Hamburger
Gold Member
Silver Member
This simple setup is working for me. Magnet attached directly to chalk. I keep the free magnet(s) taped to the inside of a pocket. Able to stack multiple disc's to adjust hold strength.

View attachment 701136

Using these neodymiums...

V10 lasts!! Full 10 months of use so far.

Thanks for the link. Ordered some and will try attaching my chalk to the clip on my every day carry knife. If that doesn't work, I'll try your method.