Best Billiard Ball Set

South_Florida

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably asked before I can't find it. Thinking of maybe getting a new full set, so of the new still produced balls today, what do you think is the best hitting, balanced, consistent blah blah blah set you can buy new today?

I have Aramith Premiere that came with the table not too impressed.

Brunswick Centennials?

Last edited:

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed that Seyberts now has the cyclop balls. Believe they are $200 for the skittles set which they say is $50 off.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have new sets of Aramith Tournaments and Centennials. I think both sets are the bees knees.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Duramith TV Set with the Measles cue ball.

Duramith?? Never heard of that. You mean Aramith dont you? If yes...I agree.

To be quite honest, i dont believe you could tell the difference between Aramith and Centenials. Other then appearence, the playability is indiscriminate. As long as they are weight matched, the main difference would be the ability to retain their shine. Hard to beat the ones you have for that.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
Duramith?? Never heard of that. You mean Aramith dont you? If yes...I agree.

No, Duramith is a new material Aramith came up with and it is used in their Tournament Edition Balls. These are their top of the line balls now. They seem to stay cleaner longer and have a different look than Aramith Super Pro's.

Last edited:

South_Florida

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have new sets of Aramith Tournaments and Centennials. I think both sets are the bees knees.

Bees Knees, the pool hall I used to play at when I was in Charleston :smile:

I was thinking the Aramith Tourneys too but have heard a lot of praises on the Centennials.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
South_Florida; I was thinking the Aramith Tourneys too but have heard a lot of praises on the Centennials.[/QUOTE said:
In all honesty I probably like the Aramith Tourneys a little better. Took awhile to get used to compared to Centennials because they have less aiming spots on them.
I was thinking of getting a Cyclop set but those colors are just too friggin ugly for me, I cant insult my pool table with a ball set that looks like that.:eek:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, Duramith is a new material Aramith came up with and it is used in their Tournament Edition Balls. These are their top of the line balls now. They seem to stay cleaner longer and have a different look than Aramith Super Pro's.

Cool...ill check them out. I've been happy with my standard Aramiths. 70 bucks.
I just can't justify the cost/benefit ratio for the high end ones.

Thanks.

Last edited:

FrankieD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed a huge difference in playability going from Cuetec Balls that came free with my table to Aramith Super Pros. The Cuetec balls seemed lighter and didn't roll as true or as far. I like my super pros.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cyclops

I've had Super Aramith Pro's and Brunswick Centennials for about 7-8 years and they play great. Got the Cyclops a couple months ago and been very impressed. I think they play great and "play clean" longer. I've yet to clean them and they still play like they're clean whereas the Pro's & Centennials need cleaned more often.

Personal preference though, aesthetically I think the Centennials are the best.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
Agreed. I am partial to centennials, I like the look of them better.....but either of those sets will do ya.

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed that Seyberts now has the cyclop balls. Believe they are $200 for the skittles set which they say is $50 off.

nsafellow shipped me a set of cyclops skittles new in box for $190 shipped... Had it from Wa to Fl in 2 business days... Look him up if you go that route...

Solid transaction :cool:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably asked before I can't find it. Thinking of maybe getting a new full set, so of the new still produced balls today, what do you think is the best hitting, balanced, consistent blah blah blah set you can buy new today?
I have Aramith Premiere that came with the table not too impressed.
Brunswick Centennials?

I'd get the most expensive Aramith I can afford and call it a day.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all honesty I probably like the Aramith Tourneys a little better. Took awhile to get used to compared to Centennials because they have less aiming spots on them.
I was thinking of getting a Cyclop set but those colors are just too friggin ugly for me, I cant insult my pool table with a ball set that looks like that.:eek:

They make them in standard colors too, and they play great.

I prefer them to my super-pros.

South_Florida

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went with the Centennials, since I have the Aramith Premiere 9 set and Premiere full set, figured I would mix it up a little bit.

Where can you get in touch with cyclops? I was going to ask them if they would make a no numbered 9 ball with the bumble bee 9 ball. I got the Aramith set, but would be nice is someone made the set with some real nice pocket balls.