Best Black Players Of All Time

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
You don’t know the half of it. This came from the Harris County District Clerks site. It’s public information. This is not petty behavior. Ive played pool with guys that have committed crimes and done time but nothing to this extent.

Most can't make a living playing pool and in the places most ply their trade crime is just a half-step to the side. You don't have to hunt it, it usually hunts you!

Race doesn't matter. I would have to say that if you took all the people out of the poolhall that were known past or present criminals on a weeknight things would be mighty empty at most poolhalls!

Hu

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
🎱🎱 He's older now, but a black guy named "Brady", Brady Norris out of North Carolina is/was one of the best in the country at One Pocket! 👍🏾👍🏾💰💰💰

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gabby was somewhat of a legend in the LA area. Used to rob Keith FWIW. Never knew or met the guy and when somebody posted here how brutal a mugger he is, man lucky stars...
He was the set-up man. I played Gabby at my room in Bakersfield. He stood there like a mummy between shots while I was at the table. Never said a word for hours (thus the name "Gabby") I was very impressed with his game. He gave me the seven on my home table and we played all day. He won one set (Races to Eleven) for $200. I could not imagine him being involved in such a scheme to rob elderly people who had money, but we never really know everything about someone, including those you've "known" for years.

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
💡💡Black guy Tony Morris from North Carolina (Greensboro I think), placed in the top 20 US Open one year.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monster John moved the cueball more effortlessly than anybody I've ever seen, ball would just keep rolling forever. Can't remember if I knew his real name.
Monster John was a monster, wow could he play! I was lucky enough to see him play a few times.

On this topic, Bugs was one of the most naturally gifted players I ever saw hit a ball, that sure was something special. I think he was a champion the first time he picked up a cue! Or close to it.

Best
Fatboy

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
If you wanna see what Gabby Looks like he's playing in the Senior One Pocket event in Houston.

Photo and link to the thread where you can find the bracket.

1664684200725.png