Best cue ball ever

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Tasmanian Tiger, the Devil is well and good in Tasmania. Brian.

Guess again.

for those of you who think the Tasmanian devil was actually made in Tasmania it was not in fact the Tasmanian devil was manufactured at the Schenectady devil Factory in Upstate New York and was sold to Tasmania devil Corporation. :D

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the blue circle as well...when it’s genuine and not 20 years old.

The ones used in some my local pool halls are worn and are much smaller and lighter than the other balls.

Which is incredibly frustrating to play with, the break shot becomes like trying to hit a big nail with a little hammer.

Tangent lines are barely relative because the cue ball loses it’s momentum after contact, skids occur more often because it’s hits underneath the object ball, follow shots become weak, and a normal soft stop shot can turn into 2 ft of draw if you aren’t careful.

I keep a nice newer one that came with my set of Brunswick centennials in my case for when I have to play at those particular pool halls, but the regulars there often don’t want to play with it...smh

Side note, I’ve noticed the newer blue circle cue balls are a different material than the old ones? They are the same kind of off white color as the measle ball.

The older blue circles are that pasty white, I think these are the ones people are referring to when they claim they “hold chalk.” These are the same ones that are always small, light, and a little out of round.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, Freddie, hence my disclaimer in parenthesis, as, here at any rate, it was always referred to as a "blur dot", even though there was a real blue "dot", but, for whatever reason, our room only had the circle, not the actual "dot". Thanks for the clarification! :grin: Did you care for it when you ( guessing you did at some point ) played with it?

Life would be grand if we all played with the Blue Circle Aramith Centennial Cueball. Same material and dimensions as the rest of the ball set. But when the Red Circle came out with all its ease of draw and its carom resin, out went the Blue Circle in many pool halls.

Freddie <~~~ reminiscing

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Life would be grand if we all played with the Blue Circle Aramith Centennial Cueball. Same material and dimensions as the rest of the ball set. But when the Red Circle came out with all its ease of draw and its carom resin, out went the Blue Circle in many pool halls.

Freddie <~~~ reminiscing

I loved playing with that cue ball...

Michael Andros

Silver Member
you can buy a blue circle from brunswick for $38
https://www.brunswickbilliards.com/centennial-pocket-balls-premium/
also
fwiw
looking at a few billiard supply stores centennial sets they all seemed to have a blue circle cue ball from the pics

Hey B - How can you tell it's actually a blue circle? I checked the site out and other than the "promo" photo ( which is extremely vague, cue ball-wise ). I can't find an actual photo of the cue ball you would be buying. Am I missing something?

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I like the blue circle as well...when it’s genuine and not 20 years old.

The ones used in some my local pool halls are worn and are much smaller and lighter than the other balls.

Which is incredibly frustrating to play with, the break shot becomes like trying to hit a big nail with a little hammer.

Tangent lines are barely relative because the cue ball loses it’s momentum after contact, skids occur more often because it’s hits underneath the object ball, follow shots become weak, and a normal soft stop shot can turn into 2 ft of draw if you aren’t careful.

I keep a nice newer one that came with my set of Brunswick centennials in my case for when I have to play at those particular pool halls, but the regulars there often don’t want to play with it...smh

Side note, I’ve noticed the newer blue circle cue balls are a different material than the old ones? They are the same kind of off white color as the measle ball.

The older blue circles are that pasty white, I think these are the ones people are referring to when they claim they “hold chalk.” These are the same ones that are always small, light, and a little out of round.

Interesting info, thnx SD.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey B - How can you tell it's actually a blue circle? I checked the site out and other than the "promo" photo ( which is extremely vague, cue ball-wise ). I can't find an actual photo of the cue ball you would be buying. Am I missing something?

https://www.brunswickbilliards.com/contacts
i called the company and asked if the replacement cue ball for the centennial balls was a blue circle and they said yes....:thumbup:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I was told Centennials were produced under contract for Brunswick using the same resin formula as Super Pro. Measle from Super Pro should play the same.

Guess again. The Blue Circle, as well as the Blue Dot, was from Albany Billiard Ball Company, Albany, New York, not Saluk, Aramith, Belguim. It was sold to Aramith, which is why some of you think it originated there.

All the best,
WW

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I thought Looney Tunes invented the Tasmanian Devil

Tasmanian_Devil_(Looney_Tunes)

Guess again.

for those of you who think the Tasmanian devil was actually made in Tasmania it was not in fact the Tasmanian devil was manufactured at the Schenectady devil Factory in Upstate New York and was sold to Tasmania devil Corporation. :D

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Speaking of which...

I like red circles better - they seem to collect less chalk than blue circles. Anybody else notice this?

pj
chgo