Best cue for £130 ($250ish)

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My neice is 16 and shows a lot of promise. She's been using the same cue for the past 4 years, but that's recently broken. She's saved up enough money to buy a decent cue and I just wanted a few opinions on the best cue for the above price range.

I've offered her one of my cues but she wants a brand new one. I've also offered her one of my spare Meucci butts and told her to buy a shaft. She's more open to that idea so shaft reccomendations are more than welcome.

Cheers
 
Pidge...There really is no right answer here. There is no such thing as "the best cue for around $250". Cues are subjective to every individual. Most people buy a cue because they like the way it looks (beginners have no ability to "feel" how a cue hits...in fact few experienced players can make that judgement call). You can let her pick out her own cue, either from the For Sale forum here, or from any of several online billiard stores...or you can suggest using one of your cues (why would she need a new shaft? Don't yours have them already?). Good luck in your search.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
 
If she likes the Meucci butt you have then maybe she'd be interested in a LD shaft (OB, Predator, Tiger, etc)? Most of them in the $250 price range or lower...
 
Pidge...There really is no right answer here. There is no such thing as "the best cue for around $250". Cues are subjective to every individual. Most people buy a cue because they like the way it looks (beginners have no ability to "feel" how a cue hits...in fact few experienced players can make that judgement call). You can let her pick out her own cue, either from the For Sale forum here, or from any of several online billiard stores...or you can suggest using one of your cues (why would she need a new shaft? Don't yours have them already?). Good luck in your search.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

All my shafts are the same. All have the same tips and ferrules on and she hates them with a passion "I'd rather play with a broom" as she says.

As far as the best? I know its subjective to an individual, but I meant in terms of quality and craftsmanship. Since she prefers a sneaky Pete looking cue she won't be paying through the roof for exotic and fancy inlays. I'm rather uneducated when it comes to custom cue makers so If you can suggest some custom sneakeys I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
 
Pidge...Again, I'm no custom cue expert, but several people here are. Post in the the WFS (wanted/for sale) forum, and you should get some good direction, as well as several offers of nice 'sneaky pete' cues already for sale there.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

All my shafts are the same. All have the same tips and ferrules on and she hates them with a passion "I'd rather play with a broom" as she says.

As far as the best? I know its subjective to an individual, but I meant in terms of quality and craftsmanship. Since she prefers a sneaky Pete looking cue she won't be paying through the roof for exotic and fancy inlays. I'm rather uneducated when it comes to custom cue makers so If you can suggest some custom sneakeys I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
 
My neice is 16 and shows a lot of promise. She's been using the same cue for the past 4 years, but that's recently broken. She's saved up enough money to buy a decent cue and I just wanted a few opinions on the best cue for the above price range.

I've offered her one of my cues but she wants a brand new one. I've also offered her one of my spare Meucci butts and told her to buy a shaft. She's more open to that idea so shaft reccomendations are more than welcome.

Cheers

:smile:

Would need to know her favorite color before recommending a cue.

A lot of people pick a color first, then go from there.
 
He favourite colour for a cue is wood.

Okay...natural wood color or stain? Does she like a wrap and if so what kind? What weight? What millimeter tip?



My pink Meucci has been eliminated, but I still have around 130 more cues to pick from.:smile:
 
Okay...natural wood color or stain? Does she like a wrap and if so what kind? What weight? What millimeter tip?



My pink Meucci has been eliminated, but I still have around 130 more cues to pick from.:smile:

Natural wood, no wrap, 18.5 - 19oz and 11.75 - 12mm tip.
 
Recommendations

I would recommend looking at some Jim Baxter or Bob Frey Sneaky Petes or Plain Janes.
 
I have a couple I could let go for $250 . If interested I will get specks . Jim

IMG_4066.jpg


IMG_4067.jpg


IMG_4068.jpg
 
Back
Top