Best Custom Joint Protectors

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like dealing with Jim Baxter. He’s always quick to turn a set around and recently even did a couple carbon fiber pieces for me that turned out well!

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
If you want true high end custom joint protectors then Alton Takada is your man. Danny Surgeon, Tony Layne makes some high quality JPs as well. Jim Baxter is a good choice as well.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The original cue builder, when possible.
This ^^^^

Having said that, I have a set from Jim Baxter that I’m very pleased with…

full

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you want true high end custom joint protectors then Alton Takada is your man. Danny Surgeon, Tony Layne makes some high quality JPs as well. Jim Baxter is a good choice as well.
alton is the very best and you pay for it
baxter has made me many joint protectors
the quality is excellent and the customer support cant be beat

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The best is the guy that says he's retired and keeps posting up new amazing stuff every once n a while 😄

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
What one likes and would purchase again. Subjective satisfaction.
Quality materials, look good, quality engraving, maintain looks, etc., don't break, fit appropriately, quality pins . . .
More than anything, still liking them 5 or 10 years down the road -- "I would buy again w/o looking around first."

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What one likes and would purchase again. Subjective satisfaction.
Quality materials, look good, quality engraving, maintain looks, etc., don't break, fit appropriately, quality pins . . .
More than anything, still liking them 5 or 10 years down the road -- "I would buy again w/o looking around first."
My baxter joint protectors fit your description
I am selling some scruggs ones as i sold the cues

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ordered my first set of jps from Jim Baxter last week. Less than a month turn around. 1butt 4shafts.

He was very responsive and polite. Enjoyed working with him on the order. Looking forward to receiving the set.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered my first set of jps from Jim Baxter last week. Less than a month turn around. 1butt 4shafts.

He was very responsive and polite. Enjoyed working with him on the order. Looking forward to receiving the set.
I did the exact same thing with Jim about a month ago.
One but, four shafts, Roman numerals.
They came out nice.

Rusty in Montana

Granted I'm new to much of this however I own 2 different cues with extra shafts that are protected with jp that were made buy the same people that make the cues and shafts .
With that said I've got a couple other cues I'd like to get them protected with them.

Allan