Best friend going to the Phillipines need help!

FSutton

4 Rails!
Silver Member
Hello All,

My best friend who is from the phillipines originally is going back to Manilla for 2 weeks. He really wants to learn how to play pool. He's has no idea of basic fundamentals or games etc, a complete novice. He was hoping to when he gets over there he could maybe take lessons from one of the Pro's, Alcano, Bustamante, Parica, Orcullo, Alex, Roberto Gomez, etc or someone as good. He needs to learn basic fundamentals and work from the ground up to learning some rotation pool/ten ball. If anyone could make some suggestions/introductions/ emails/ phone numbers etc to me I will pass them off to him tonight before he flies out tomorrow. I would really appreciate it. Also the name of the best rooms to visit for good players. Thanks

F
 
Hello All,

My best friend who is from the phillipines originally is going back to Manilla for 2 weeks. He really wants to learn how to play pool. He's has no idea of basic fundamentals or games etc, a complete novice. He was hoping to when he gets over there he could maybe take lessons from one of the Pro's, Alcano, Bustamante, Parica, Orcullo, Alex, Roberto Gomez, etc or someone as good. He needs to learn basic fundamentals and work from the ground up to learning some rotation pool/ten ball. If anyone could make some suggestions/introductions/ emails/ phone numbers etc to me I will pass them off to him tonight before he flies out tomorrow. I would really appreciate it. Also the name of the best rooms to visit for good players. Thanks

F

Geeze! For being a newbie, your best friend is biting off on a big donut. Hell, he should be able to get pool lessons from just about anyone. Alex's English is very good but I don't know if he teaches. All of the other players can play but I don't know if they teach. Can your friend speak Tagalog?

I'm sure the entire pool room would be itching to give him pool lessons and there are probably some who are best suited to teaching and someone from the Philippines will respond. He can probably walk into any pool hall and get the lesson he is seeking. I'm jealous. :D

JoeyA
 
Geeze! For being a newbie, your best friend is biting off on a big donut. Hell, he should be able to get pool lessons from just about anyone. Alex's English is very good but I don't know if he teaches. All of the other players can play but I don't know if they teach. Can your friend speak Tagalog?

I'm sure the entire pool room would be itching to give him pool lessons and there are probably some who are best suited to teaching and someone from the Philippines will respond. He can probably walk into any pool hall and get the lesson he is seeking. I'm jealous. :D

JoeyA

Yes he can speak fluent tagalog. He told me he is going tomorrow. I told him I thought it would be a real waste to not learn over there when he has some time. I mean the guy doesn't have any bad habits to break. Might as well learn from the best ground up if it's available to you. He would like lesson's tho. Not gambling lessons. To be taught some. Anyone's help would be appreciated.

thanks

f
 
good luck. I don't know if it's best to learn fundamentals from a pro. I think the basics you learn from a professional teacher... and playing top level pool you learn from a professional player. Or maybe also from the teacher =)

But if he has the time and money and can find a pro, I hope it works out well for him.
 
good luck. I don't know if it's best to learn fundamentals from a pro. I think the basics you learn from a professional teacher... and playing top level pool you learn from a professional player. Or maybe also from the teacher =)

But if he has the time and money and can find a pro, I hope it works out well for him.

Well doesn't look like anyone can help me out with a good teacher in manila. I just find it hard to believe with some of the people in the philipines on here and people that have traveled there. o well

f
 
Well doesn't look like anyone can help me out with a good teacher in manila. I just find it hard to believe with some of the people in the philipines on here and people that have traveled there. o well

f

That really sucks but let me see... there's SIDE POCKET BILLIARDS

Address and Contact Information:
Quezon Avenue, (besides bodega) Quezon City
Metro Manila
Philippines

butchy paz (Contact Person)
372-4682 (Phone Number)

Pool Hall Information:
air conditioned, spacious, home of money games in QC

12 tables php 90 per hour on members, php 120 non members

play all you can promo php 200 from 10am-5pm

------------
I think some of the top players play there but I can't be positive.

Link for database for poolrooms in Philippines:http://www.easypooltutor.com/modules.php?name=Pool_Halls&rop=bycity&cmcountry=Philippines

Best of luck. If your friend runs into Ronnie Alcano, just play him and when he misses, sing "Eeeeeeasy Money".

If I were him I would look up Efen and get a lesson from him ESPECIALLY if I spoke fluent Tagalog. Hell, line them all up and get a pool lesson from each of them.

JoeyA

JoeyA
 
Hello All,

My best friend who is from the phillipines originally is going back to Manilla for 2 weeks. He really wants to learn how to play pool. He's has no idea of basic fundamentals or games etc, a complete novice. He was hoping to when he gets over there he could maybe take lessons from one of the Pro's, Alcano, Bustamante, Parica, Orcullo, Alex, Roberto Gomez, etc or someone as good. He needs to learn basic fundamentals and work from the ground up to learning some rotation pool/ten ball. If anyone could make some suggestions/introductions/ emails/ phone numbers etc to me I will pass them off to him tonight before he flies out tomorrow. I would really appreciate it. Also the name of the best rooms to visit for good players. Thanks

F

you got pm buddy:smile:
 
Tell him to go to One Side on Mabini St. All the great players hang out in there. There are several good instructors available there as well. Just tell to go in there any evening and ask arouind. He won't be disappointed if he goes there.
 
Hello All,

My best friend who is from the phillipines originally is going back to Manilla for 2 weeks. He really wants to learn how to play pool. He's has no idea of basic fundamentals or games etc, a complete novice. He was hoping to when he gets over there he could maybe take lessons from one of the Pro's, Alcano, Bustamante, Parica, Orcullo, Alex, Roberto Gomez, etc or someone as good. He needs to learn basic fundamentals and work from the ground up to learning some rotation pool/ten ball. If anyone could make some suggestions/introductions/ emails/ phone numbers etc to me I will pass them off to him tonight before he flies out tomorrow. I would really appreciate it. Also the name of the best rooms to visit for good players. Thanks

F

Hi I'm Verna Mariano of Bugsy Promotions... some of our players offer tutorials..you may give my mobile to your friend..09175105677..we can arrange something for him for sure:)
 
Back
Top