Best material for slate joints?

rickdf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my first post since joining. Thanks in advance for being a wonderful resource for the pool community.

I am setting up my pool table (8ft Brunswick Contender) and am wondering what material should be used in the joints between the pieces of slate.
I have heard of wax being used and I'm assuming it's just regular bees wax. Is this the industry standard or are there other preferred materials?

This is my first attempt at setting up a pool table so this is not likely to be my last question :)

Thanks for all your help

stouter2386

how about the 5 out ?
Silver Member
a well known local table mechanic in my area said using canning wax is a good alternative dont know if its true but sounds like it could work

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table

This is my first post since joining. Thanks in advance for being a wonderful resource for the pool community.

I am setting up my pool table (8ft Brunswick Contender) and am wondering what material should be used in the joints between the pieces of slate.
I have heard of wax being used and I'm assuming it's just regular bees wax. Is this the industry standard or are there other preferred materials?

This is my first attempt at setting up a pool table so this is not likely to be my last question :)

Thanks for all your help

-
-
-
what was used previously to seam the slates ?
-
rob.m

rickdf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
joints

I'm not exactly sure what was used before. I just purchased the table a few months ago.
But I can tell you it is dark gray in color with a matte finish.

Thanks again,

Rick

rickdf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems like wax might be easier to remove than bondo so I think I'm inclined to try the wax.

Dartman

Silver Member
Keep in mind you're only filling a seam.
Some guys do it like seams on drywall going several inchs away from the seam which isn't necessary on slate.