Best table...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually think that's how they became popular. First it was a bandwagon that they are tough (true) and real players had to have them. Then once they became more prevalent in commercial rooms, the private buyers had to buy them to be able to compete.

Let's stop the cycle of madness. Their rails suck.
Blue labels play fine. Jeez. How long are people going to complain about this. Last one i played on (9ft. Pro w/ANDY 988) played fantastic. Look, my local spot has 10 nice GC4's and i like them a lot but i have zero adjustment issues on that table.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I play on a Blue Label weekly. I have a GC4 with Superspeeds at my place, cut to "diamondized" specs. Non-issue going between the two. They play remarkably similar. If anything Artemis cushions lets you twist the ball a little bit more. You can get that action on Superspeed cushions, just have to hit it better, lol.

I prefer the Superspeeds.

Georgiacue

I play on a Blue Label weekly. I have a GC4 with Superspeeds at my place, cut to "diamondized" specs. Non-issue going between the two. They play remarkably similar. If anything Artemis cushions lets you twist the ball a little bit more. You can get that action on Superspeed cushions, just have to hit it better, lol.

I prefer the Superspeeds.
I'm not familiar with bumpers. What's superspeeds?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue labels play fine. Jeez. How long are people going to complain about this. Last one i played on (9ft. Pro w/ANDY 988) played fantastic. Look, my local spot has 10 nice GC4's and i like them a lot but i have zero adjustment issues on that table.
My blue label plays very similarly to the gold crown it replaced,. A little shorter and a bit faster, but the gc was from pool room and dirty and the rubber was failing.

Diamond was basically new when I got it.

I got a lot of hours on those two tables. Depressing!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scuttlebutt has it that M. Gregory is working with new Brunswick owners Escalade Sports(they also own Cue&Case now) on the new GC7. The GC6 is a nice table and i'm wondering what all would a re-design entail other than maybe the look of it.

TrxR

Scuttlebutt has it that M. Gregory is working with new Brunswick owners Escalade Sports(they also own Cue&Case now) on the new GC7. The GC6 is a nice table and i'm wondering what all would a re-design entail other than maybe the look of it.
I've seen him comment of Facebook he was. I hope it's standard with 4.5" pockets also lower the price. A GC 6 tournament edition is like 4000 more than a Diamond.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had heard it was only early GC4's that did
The frames with the end-sill attached to the ends of the side beams are the ones that could sag. Almost all GC3 frames and early 4 frames were made this way. If bolts were kept tight and no one sat on it it usually wasn't an issue.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The GC6 at the dealer I looked at was horrible. All kinds metal sticking up just looking to destroy a pool cue

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you go to the doctor do you just ask for a prescription for anything? After 77 responses no one has asked what games you play, skill level, skill goals, recreational use, etc. What are you goals?

Maybe we can help determine your needs.

TrxR

The GC6 at the dealer I looked at was horrible. All kinds metal sticking up just looking to destroy a pool cue
I've heard elsewhere that the fit and finish on the newer GC's was bad but I wondered if that could be setup as well?

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry but Mark can be such a jerk, I wouldn’t buy from him.
He's very accommodating while you are trying order from him...not sure what happens after.
Firs I've heard that.

Maybe it is you.
I had good conversations with him. I came close to purchasing from Mark but did not want to wait and price went up real good the next time I talked to him. However I’m not unhappy with the Professional. Has been said he can be rough to work with.
Would like to see the original's brought back with different finishes.