Best table...

TrxR

100% Tons'o'Hype with Diamond tables. They do play very differently.

Also agree on them being ugly. However I think their version of "flush pockets" the worst of the main players in the table market.

...or a new table of any other manufacturer. There's a unwarranted premium with buying a diamond that I'll never understand.
Have you seen the price of a new GC? It's more than a Diamond. A new Rasson is right around the same as a Diamond a Predator is more.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Have you seen the price of a new GC? It's more than a Diamond. A new Rasson is right around the same as a Diamond a Predator is more.
unfortunately prices vary based on where you are on the planet. What it's costs me to get my hands on a Diamond is likely different then you.

TrxR

unfortunately prices vary based on where you are on the planet. What it's costs me to get my hands on a Diamond is likely different then you.
If I remember right your in Canada as well correct? I've priced them all out of Ontario or Quebec as that is the closest dealers for any of them to NB

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
9ft diamond pro am in oak walnut with 4inch pockets and tournament blue Simonis
1 piece slate

I’m actually seriously considering it since I started playing on one like this a lot recently and LOVE IT

Just not sure on how long it’ll take since I hear mixed reports

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge first preference if new: Brunswick Gold Crown 6. Factory standard pockets (5"), not the tournament edition pockets (4.5").

Careful with a Diamond in Atlanta. Go to Mr Cues 2 they have two of them. Play on them, then go play on the GC's 6 feet away from them. The rails bounce completely different. I personally hate the way the Diamond's bounce.

Second choice if new I'd go Predator or the Mr Sung Rassons that are in Shaw's room.

If used, I'd get any Gold Crown ever made.

I wouldn't take a Diamond if it was given to me for free.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
As a recent owner of both diamond an gold crown, both are excellent choices.

The diamond is a better table, hough you pay a lot more for better.

I'd reach out to Mark Gregory (Google/ Facebook: perfect pocketz) and ask if he's interested in serving your area or has a recommendation re whom you should contact.

Go fo the gold crown and don't cheap out on the installation
Last quote I got from Mark was $40 for his Centennial. He must be real busy to toss out that price.
Can’t go wrong with a GoldcCrown or Diamond The installer is everything. Research the mechanics that might set you up

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you haven't played on a diamond, they play way differently than real pool tables. Don't spend 10k on one without playing on a diamond for a few hours.

They are also ugly. The only thing diamond got right is the flush pockets.

If you are willing to spend diamond money, I expect you will be happier with a gold crown that had been restored. They will be what you were used to playing on in the nineties.
Absolutely correct!!!!!!!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I mean when Roberto is at bogies like is his often
He plays on the diamond before the goldcrown

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you haven't played on a diamond, they play way differently than real pool tables. Don't spend 10k on one without playing on a diamond for a few hours.

They are also ugly. The only thing diamond got right is the flush pockets.

If you are willing to spend diamond money, I expect you will be happier with a gold crown that had been restored. They will be what you were used to playing on in the nineties.
I agree. I HATE the way any diamond plays and yes I’ve owned one.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forgive me. I'm not overly experienced in the various tables out in the wild. Is there a Brunswick model..? I thought that was merely their manufacturer moniker. Like Gold Crown is a brunswick model.
Wellington and gold crown Brunswicks.

Wellington was an antique model, t-rail bolts. Not great and better than no table.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Careful with a Diamond in Atlanta. Go to Mr Cues 2 they have two of them. Play on them, then go play on the GC's 6 feet away from them. The rails bounce completely different. I personally hate the way the Diamond's bounce.
Unfortunately for me. The closest room that hosts tourney's that entertain my rating is full of diamonds. It's like spotting the locals the wild 8 when I head down that way to compete.

Not that I want a diamond, but if I ever wanted to really take a run at being competitive I'd have to buy one.

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge first preference if new: Brunswick Gold Crown 6. Factory standard pockets (5"), not the tournament edition pockets (4.5").

Second choice if new I'd go Predator or the Mr Sung Rassons that are in Shaw's room.

Me too. No interest in anything diamond

Georgiacue

Unfortunately for me. The closest room that hosts tourney's that entertain my rating is full of diamonds. It's like spotting the locals the wild 8 when I head down that way to compete.

Not that I want a diamond, but if I ever wanted to really take a run at being competitive I'd have to buy one.
Pretty much almost the same here

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's why I got mine.

Tuff to be competitive when your game drops 10-15% right off the bat.

And I haven't played 3 tournaments since I got it 2 yrs ago. D'oh.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I actually think that's how they became popular. First it was a bandwagon that they are tough (true) and real players had to have them. Then once they became more prevalent in commercial rooms, the private buyers had to buy them to be able to compete.

Let's stop the cycle of madness. Their rails suck.

Georgiacue

The diamond ones at cues have them tiny pockets. Kennesaw billiards I know has 8s. They play awesome. I forget if they have diamond 9s. I think they do.