Best Young Players (25 years and below)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So the pipeline of young pool talent is not looking great. IMHO, there are probably only a few young players (25 years old and below) who can hang with world's top tier. But again, by and large, we see that the pool top tier comprises mostly those in late 20s, 30s and early 40s. (Disclaimer -Of cos there may be some other good players out of Philippines and hot spots like Romania , Russia that I may have never heard of. )

But I would say in terms of achievements in majors, the 2 best young players in top tier right now are Johann Chua and Little Ko. Both have done quite well and finished in later stages of major tourneys W9B/W10B, All Japan and Johann Chua is only one 25 and under to have won a major (All Japan)

Johann Chua (24)
Ko Ping Chung(21)

Ruslan Chinahov (24)
Jeff Ignacio (22)
Aloysius Yap (20)
Skyler Woodward (22)
Alex Kazakis (25)
Wang Can (23)
Mario He (22)
Wojciech Szewczyk (22)
Mateusz Sniegocki (22)

Also throw in these ex-World Junior Champions who have so far not made much of an impact -
Fransceso Sanchez Ruiz
Liu Cheng Chieh

There is also this kid Joshua Filler (18) who made quite an impression at 14.1 tourney last year. Then there is this young Filipino phenom, probably 17 years old, Anton Raga who has been giving weight to number of Pinoy veterans.

:)

So the pipeline of young pool talent is not looking great. IMHO, there are probably only a few young players (25 years old and below) who can hang with world's top tier. But again, by and large, we see that the pool top tier comprises mostly those in late 20s, 30s and early 40s. (Disclaimer -Of cos there may be some other good players out of Philippines and hot spots like Romania , Russia that I may have never heard of. )

But I would say in terms of achievements in majors, the 2 best young players in top tier right now are Johann Chua and Little Ko. Both have done quite well and finished in later stages of major tourneys W9B/W10B, All Japan and Johann Chua is only one 25 and under to have won a major (All Japan)

Johann Chua (24)
Ko Ping Chung(21)

Ruslan Chinahov (24)
Jeff Ignacio (22)
Aloysius Yap (20)
Skyler Woodward (22)
Alex Kazakis (25)
Wang Can (23)
Mario He (22)
Wojciech Szewczyk (22)
Mateusz Sniegocki (22)

Also throw in these ex-World Junior Champions who have so far not made much of an impact -
Fransceso Sanchez Ruiz
Liu Cheng Chieh

There is also this kid Joshua Filler (18) who made quite an impression at 14.1 tourney last year. Then there is this young Filipino phenom, probably 17 years old, Anton Raga who has been giving weight to number of Pinoy veterans.

I was always curious about Anton Raga. Is he really that good? I was very amazed when I heard that he was giving Efren weight (and I think it was quite a big spot). I seen him play, and his game really did not impress me all that much.

Ak147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Johann Chua (24)
Ko Ping Chung(21)

Ruslan Chinahov (24)
Jeff Ignacio (22)
Aloysius Yap (20)
Skyler Woodward (22)
Alex Kazakis (25)
Wang Can (23)
Mario He (22)
Wojciech Szewczyk (22)
Mateusz Sniegocki (22)

Fransceso Sanchez Ruiz
Liu Cheng Chieh

Among these Aloysius Yap (20) has impressed me most. His best has still to come.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingnacio is #1!

Jeff Ignacio (22) will beat all of them, plays flawless when it counts.

sys_argv

Registered
There is one 15-16 year old kid who was in DCC 9 ball and finished top 15. Might be one to watch as well.

EDIT: Fedor Gorst is the name.

Last edited:

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Landon Schuffet

I haven't heard that name for a while. What's he upto? Last I seen him was on a steam for the ultimate 10 ball playing Earl. He looked damn good and he would have been quite young then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pool_mantra

Registered

Johann Chua (24)
Ko Ping Chung(21)

Ruslan Chinahov (24)
Jeff Ignacio (22)
Aloysius Yap (20)
Skyler Woodward (22)
Alex Kazakis (25)
Wang Can (23)
Mario He (22)
Wojciech Szewczyk (22)
Mateusz Sniegocki (22)

Fransceso Sanchez Ruiz
Liu Cheng Chieh

Not that it matters much but Jeff Ignacio is 23

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't heard that name for a while. What's he upto? Last I seen him was on a steam for the ultimate 10 ball playing Earl. He looked damn good and he would have been quite young then

He's going to college in St.Louis.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
john Morra almost did the same thing

instead he didnt even finish high school....:grin-square:

Really? Well if he wanted to he could get his GED pretty easily and go to school in the future, he's still pretty young.

Are you from Canada? How do you know this?

Stroker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about the young Brendon Crockett from California? I'm sure he is going to be someone to remember in the pool world someday. Education is first though I would bet his father would agree.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
How about the young Brendon Crockett from California? I'm sure he is going to be someone to remember in the pool world someday. Education is first though I would bet his father would agree.

I agree that Brendan is an up and comer. He's only 21. I just watched him play at the Swanee and he was playing very well.