Bested my high run by 3 balls!

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
Not a world-beater number by any means, but I made a run of 58 in practice tonight. I ran most of the first rack after a miss, two more, and then eight in the final rack before missing a medium-long shot in the jaws. The goal of the practice was to reduce or eliminate my slip stroking on the final backswing and sometimes on the follow through. When I felt myself holding onto the cue through the whole motion, I thought that it felt like how John Schmidt's stroke LOOKS, which really helped me conceptualize and understand what exactly I was accomplishing with my stroke.

I've got a slip of paper in my case (in an unused shaft tube) that I write notes to myself on what I want to work on. No wonder "No Slip Stroke" is the first AND last thing I have written on there! :p

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member

Congrats to you.
Looks like a few people around here are starting to do very good.
Keep up the good work.

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
You must mean "three more" rather than "two more." Or did you mean 48?

D'oh! Thanks for correcting me, and I know exactly why I did that. I wrote three racks, but then thought "no, not three racks, three balls more" and wrote two instead. The run was 8+14+14+14+8.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Not a world-beater number by any means, but I made a run of 58 in practice tonight. I ran most of the first rack after a miss, two more, and then eight in the final rack before missing a medium-long shot in the jaws. The goal of the practice was to reduce or eliminate my slip stroking on the final backswing and sometimes on the follow through. When I felt myself holding onto the cue through the whole motion, I thought that it felt like how John Schmidt's stroke LOOKS, which really helped me conceptualize and understand what exactly I was accomplishing with my stroke.

I've got a slip of paper in my case (in an unused shaft tube) that I write notes to myself on what I want to work on. No wonder "No Slip Stroke" is the first AND last thing I have written on there! :p

Nice Job, Biting Wax.

Where did you do it? Out by School?

I'll tell the boys at Red Shoes.

BWTadpole

The Nitcracker
Silver Member
Nice Job, Biting Wax.

Where did you do it? Out by School?

I'll tell the boys at Red Shoes.

Yeah, I ran this at the Holmes Student Center, Dekalb, IL. Those awful cloth colors... Half the tables are black rails and red beds, and the other half are red rails with black beds. But they've started giving out the Aramith TV balls they used for Junior Nationals when you rent a table, so that makes things a little better. Hopefully I can surpass this mark and break 60 sometime soon! If only I could play more than once a week...