Beware of new users who have "just what you are looking for"

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
We are starting to see a rash of new users who immediately spam people with notes that they have the exact cue they are looking for.

If someone with no iTrader feedback offers you a deal that sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Please report the user and we will look into it immediately.

Mike

cuefan6969

Think I had a scammer that started yesterday. Recce James phone number 682-800-3182. I placed a ad in the Wanted Forum looking for Eddie Laube Shafts. He contacted me and showed me a photo trying to sell the whole cue. When I heard the price and saw the picture of a pristine cue I thought something was up. Then I said I only wanted the shaft and he immediately agreed and then agreed to my price. He wanted payment to zelle. I said I would use paypal, then he wanted F&F. When I said no he asked for money just to ship and then I said no again. He said he was located in Texas. When I looked at his AZ status I saw that he joined the day before, it all added up to the scam alert on a too good to be true deal.

Attachments

• Eddie 1.jpg
    Eddie 1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Eddie 2.jpg
    Eddie 2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 231

slim123

We are starting to see a rash of new users who immediately spam people with notes that they have the exact cue they are looking for.

If someone with no iTrader feedback offers you a deal that sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Please report the user and we will look into it immediately.

Mike
Anybody know this guy? I posted here looking for a porper modelb lathe and all of a sudden this guy opens an account here, Friday and has one, but doesn't know much about it

michaeleddymaples

New member​

Rating - 0%
0 0 0
Add Feedback
Yesterday at 2:28 PM
That will be $1970 shipped

I accept, zelle, cash app or bank transfer
So let me know your means of payment so we can proceed I text your number
but no feedback yet you can shot a
out it

Above is word for word his reply to me
He can't answer pertinent questions about the lathe, just gives me a price and tells me to send money .

His info states he just joined this site Friday11/26/21
Also, he was quick to divert the conversation to email and text, i'm guessing so others here don't see.
He could be legit, but that price looks tgtbt and from his replies, he has no clue about the lathe

Last edited:

slim123

cosmo cues

a member here tried to scam me saying he had a Harry Richards cue
He directed me to email. When i requested more pics, he told me his uncle had the cue, but he tried to get me to send him $993 and he would ship the cue.
After requesting more pics and specs, he ended our communication. I truly believe he was trying to scam me

slim123

This michel eddy maples account here is a scammer

he finally told me to send him the shipping then i could send him the money for the lathe once i saw the tracking what a joke

That guy robbed me for 150$ right before Christmas and it hurt. I've made so many purchases here that I got comftorble. The pictures he sent me of the cue were of a cue that another member sold

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think I had a scammer that started yesterday. Recce James phone number 682-800-3182. I placed a ad in the Wanted Forum looking for Eddie Laube Shafts. He contacted me and showed me a photo trying to sell the whole cue. When I heard the price and saw the picture of a pristine cue I thought something was up. Then I said I only wanted the shaft and he immediately agreed and then agreed to my price. He wanted payment to zelle. I said I would use paypal, then he wanted F&F. When I said no he asked for money just to ship and then I said no again. He said he was located in Texas. When I looked at his AZ status I saw that he joined the day before, it all added up to the scam alert on a too good to be true deal.

Same thing happen to me a few days ago, I am looking for a Mason case, he text me and said he a nice one, I asked for photos he texted me a couple, the price was great, $321, he wanted to do a Zelle, I told him I only do paypal, he only wanted f or f, I even said I would pay the extra 4% but he only would do f or f. His area code was (706) said he lived in Augusta Ga. and did not speak very good English at all. Last thing he said was for me to send him $50 and he would ship the case and I could pay him later. This whole deal sound fishey.....

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone do business with a guy name Charles Odonnell, this is the guy that is trying to sell me the mason case, he said now I can send him the money to this address thru paypal goods and services?

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just had a guy named Chris James 682 800 3182 saying he had a Mason case, another scam I expect since he has the same phone number that is in the first post.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
We just had another one. Username was helencurtis989. It feels like it should be a red-flag when someone has no message history on the site and wants to take the conversation off to WhatsApp or something like that.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
If you suspect a new user is a scammer, please drop me a note and I can look into it.

Mike

Booch19090

I have a wanted post for a Dynasperes cue ball. Somehow I get a real email with a picture of the ball and he said are you still looking for this. It was late on Saturday and I wasn't really paying attention, after 6 email exchanges I buy the ball from him and send him a paypal, with honestly not really knowing anything about the person but his email. After I sent the paypal, I realized I paid a fee to paypal and it wasn't for goods and services. At that very moment I knew I was scammed. The fee was because he was out of the country. I contacted Paypal and was able to get my money back, most won't be that lucky.

I was caught off guard and that usually doesn't happen to me, but it did and I'm wiser for it.

His email was: happyjoejbl@gmail.com

The paypal email he used was: mwanzialena25@gmail.com

Keep an eye, it can happen to anyone.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the heads up. I realize email addresses take just minutes to create, but I did double check that neither of these are registered on the site.

Mike

Booch19090

Thanks for the heads up. I realize email addresses take just minutes to create, but I did double check that neither of these are registered on the site.

Mike
Thanks Mike. With only 79 views, I wonder if you have any insight as to who those views were from, and can weed out the trusted members. Just an idea. I won't that mistake again, but I wanted everyone to know that it can happen, when you least expect it.