I started this here, but wanted to get as much visibility to this as possible... We've got a few cuemakers lined up to donate some of their work for auction to support a kid's charity in need, but I'm sure others here may have some better ideas or can help as well...
Hey gang.... I've got a client of mine that I've been working with for some time. I had a meeting with their CFO and we were discussing a few things business related and it came out that this year they have been severely behind in budgeting due to lack of individual donations - not a shocker based upon economy.... I had mentioned that I would write them a check for $500 since I firmly believe in what they do and she said - literally - "you're shitting me!". I didn't think my measly donation would be that big of an impact, but it obviously was..... and got me to thinking...
I've contacted several friends who are willing to put a few things together, and a cuemaker has already said he'd put a cue up for us to auction here and allow the proceeds to go to BBBS - HUGE gesture and I sincerely appreciate it. I'm asking to see if anyone else would like to help, as I'm going through the avenues that I can to see if I can hit $5K+. I guess this will be my good deed for the year... decade.. whatever. If we can do this collectively as a group, I'd get them to write a letter of thanks. If you're a cuemaker and would like to donate your work for an auction as well, I'd be happy to get a receipt of value from them for tax purposes... I'm just kicking around ideas here...
Anyways, I just wanted to post this up to see if anyone else may have any ideas or would like to help pitch in - be it cues to auction, ideas that I can do - anything helps.
So - with that being said....... ideas?
Charity being supported is www.bbbs.org/pugetsound
Donations thus far:
1) Barry Cameron - one cue TBD
2) Barbara - two bags of crack
3) Mike Webb - One 4 point cue
4) Scott R. - One CAM cue
5) Craig "Irish634" - $25
6) Runscott - $100
7) PBat51 - $100
I'm contemplating letting this run for one week, get everything together and just list it for auction online or possibly ebay... All proceeds will go to the Big Brothers & Big Sisters. Donating party will ship winner item directly, winner will mail check/money order to me made out to BBBS. Hopefully I can get this all wrapped up in a few weeks, but if anyone else has any ideas, let me know.
I don't care if you hate me, JimBo, whoever - this is for a great cause and we have a huge chance to impact a LOT of kids... That's my drive. We'll be collecting the items and probably doing a large raffle for the smaller things and auction off the larger things. This will be about a month in the making, but please help if you can. Pool instructional books, dvd's, shirts - anything you can donate (new, preferably) will be used in this.
thanks,
-Ross
Hey gang.... I've got a client of mine that I've been working with for some time. I had a meeting with their CFO and we were discussing a few things business related and it came out that this year they have been severely behind in budgeting due to lack of individual donations - not a shocker based upon economy.... I had mentioned that I would write them a check for $500 since I firmly believe in what they do and she said - literally - "you're shitting me!". I didn't think my measly donation would be that big of an impact, but it obviously was..... and got me to thinking...
I've contacted several friends who are willing to put a few things together, and a cuemaker has already said he'd put a cue up for us to auction here and allow the proceeds to go to BBBS - HUGE gesture and I sincerely appreciate it. I'm asking to see if anyone else would like to help, as I'm going through the avenues that I can to see if I can hit $5K+. I guess this will be my good deed for the year... decade.. whatever. If we can do this collectively as a group, I'd get them to write a letter of thanks. If you're a cuemaker and would like to donate your work for an auction as well, I'd be happy to get a receipt of value from them for tax purposes... I'm just kicking around ideas here...
Anyways, I just wanted to post this up to see if anyone else may have any ideas or would like to help pitch in - be it cues to auction, ideas that I can do - anything helps.
So - with that being said....... ideas?
Charity being supported is www.bbbs.org/pugetsound
Donations thus far:
1) Barry Cameron - one cue TBD
2) Barbara - two bags of crack
3) Mike Webb - One 4 point cue
4) Scott R. - One CAM cue
5) Craig "Irish634" - $25
6) Runscott - $100
7) PBat51 - $100
I'm contemplating letting this run for one week, get everything together and just list it for auction online or possibly ebay... All proceeds will go to the Big Brothers & Big Sisters. Donating party will ship winner item directly, winner will mail check/money order to me made out to BBBS. Hopefully I can get this all wrapped up in a few weeks, but if anyone else has any ideas, let me know.
I don't care if you hate me, JimBo, whoever - this is for a great cause and we have a huge chance to impact a LOT of kids... That's my drive. We'll be collecting the items and probably doing a large raffle for the smaller things and auction off the larger things. This will be about a month in the making, but please help if you can. Pool instructional books, dvd's, shirts - anything you can donate (new, preferably) will be used in this.
thanks,
-Ross
Last edited: