Big pin ivory joint hit

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
For me, next to wood screw in shaft, ivory joint is a beautiful hit, combined with 3/8-10 pin. McDermott style.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Is the hit really that good? I know other factors of the cue come into play..

I have a radial pin in my ivory cue and enjoy the hit very much. I also have a Predator P3 with a radial pin and a stainless joint collar which doesn't hit as nice but still plays great. That however might be my own personal bias.

It feels, "alive", when you strike a ball with it. Again, that's my personal bias.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Biggest Disappointment Is Not Owning a Flat Faced Ivory Big Pin Cue by Joel Hercek

I searched high and low for years and posted WTB threads, worked with prominent
cue dealers and even offered a monetary reward as a finders fee for introducing me
to a seller of a Hercek cue weighing 18.5 ozs or little heavier but still under 19 ozs.

Alas, lots of cues were presented but few were within my weight specs & when the
cue was, its joint was piloted ivory vs flat which is my preferred joint as you can see.
And as far as ferrules go. OMG, ivory is truly the best material & all my cues have it.

Matt B.

Attachments

• AZ Case Picture.jpg
    AZ Case Picture.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Castillo 6x12 (2).jpg
    Castillo 6x12 (2).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Az Photo (comp'd).jpg
    Az Photo (comp'd).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 95
  • AZ Photo 005.jpg
    AZ Photo 005.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 100

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Barringer's configuration: flat ivory joint, big proprietary g10? pin, ivory ferrule, and original Moori medium is the best I've ever played with.

Starkey's wood pin and no-ferrule shaft is also very, very nice when combined with the right tip.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Barringer's configuration: flat ivory joint, big proprietary g10? pin, ivory ferrule, and original Moori medium is the best I've ever played with.

Starkey's wood pin and no-ferrule shaft is also very, very nice when combined with the right tip.

If the tip isn't right, everything behind it becomes pretty much meaningless.