Billiard Room - Sands Bowl, Lancaster, CA, circa 1959

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sands Bowl Lancaster.jpeg

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is cool!! What a beautiful place. They have bowling in back too!!
I think you have juxtaposed the arrangement of the rooms. Brunswick was huge in bowling & typically the lanes
were the lion’s share of the business. The pool room usually had smaller revenue since leagues weren’t popular yet.
The pool rooms in bowling alleys had fewer tables and was essentially a side stream revenue to bowling alley income.

Brunswick offered a package rental arrangement leasing all the equipment for a bowling alley only, or a pool parlor
only, or a combination. But the equipment had to be Brunswick. They’d rent you everything from fountain set-up, to lockers and counter displays. Essentially they were trying to be the one stop provider for your bowling & pool needs.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Top shelf, reminds me of Town & Country Bowling Alley on North Ave. in Northlake, Il

10 pool tables, 76 lanes, great food and a rocking bar

i worked the graveyard shift with Abruzzo & Haddad.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
There are 3 recessed fixtures over each table, with a directional lamp there would have been plenty of light... and yes, that's a very nostalgic pic, thanks for sharing!

Hans N

Top shelf, reminds me of Town & Country Bowling Alley on North Ave. in Northlake, Il

10 pool tables, 76 lanes, great food and a rocking bar

i worked the graveyard shift with Abruzzo & Haddad.
The old Belmont Theater at Belmont Ash;and and Lincoln in Chicago turned into a bowling alley/Billiards place around 1964.
Jimmy Caras represented Brunswick and gave an exhibition, Artie Bodendorfer and I had a match there, straight pool at that time,
before he became the one pocket player everyone talks about today.
Good old days.