BilliardManager - Your pool tracking app for iOS and Android

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally logged 1000 balls and unlocked the expanded analysis. Very cool, but I have to admit this app is wasted on a D player such as myself.

Enjoying it 👍🏼😎

Attachments

• F649EC2F-D785-4F31-BF4E-1E6F38536AAC.jpeg
    F649EC2F-D785-4F31-BF4E-1E6F38536AAC.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 197

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Thanks for your feedback, so glad you`re loving the app :love:

The handicapped practice style definitely sounds very ambitions. I can imagine beating that kind of ghost very rarely as it requires you to run 28-42 balls per inning on average! Great thought though and I will put this on the feature list for future updates. However, focus is currently on an Android version as I have received quite many requests for it recently.

By now, you can workaround playing a practice match and entering the handicap for your "partner score" manually. Guess this is how you are doing it right now?

The problem using current 14.1 scoring apps to play the ghost is that they rely on remaining ball count, so you can’t set a defined handicap then rerack the balls. They app thinks there’s still balls on the table etc. I think I play 14.1 at a pretty high level (never actually played a real game, so I should say, “I play practice runs at a decent level”), so I’ve beaten two racks + remaining balls numerous times. I don’t mind toooooo much going in increments of 14 to accommodate the scoring apps, but if you want to change it increments lower than that, it screws up the ball count.

For example, if I want to play the ghost at 10 + remaining balls, or just 10 (the remaining balls is just for a bit of incentive and variety, and it works with the scoring apps for ball count), then I have to add 10 to the ghost then I miss, but the app will assume there are not 15 balls still on the table when I rerack to start my inning. Know what I mean?

So let’s say I start a match vs the ghost and the ghost’s handi is 10 + remaining balls. I play my break shot, pot 6 balls and miss, for a total of 7 points. There’s 8 balls left on the table, so the ghost should get 18 points. So in a normal scoring app I would hit miss, 8 balls remaining, ghost plays his inning, new rack (7 points to ghost) then miss, 4 balls remaining (11 points to ghost) for the ghost to get 18 points. But now it’s my inning and I’m starting with a full rack again. There’s aren’t 4 balls remaining.

Lol, I know this sounds really weird and specific, but there’s no easy way in a 14.1 scoring app to do this without handicapping in full 14 point increments, which can make adjusting the ghost’s skill level quite difficult. Of course, I can use a non 14.1 generic scoring app, but then you lose all the cool stats, history, etc that 14.1 apps have.

Phew, that was longer than I expected.

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This app is great. Thanks. It’d be cool if you could input what size table 7,8,9,10 and maybe pocket size and be able to look at your results overall and by table size too.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally logged 1000 balls too @cjr3559!

Nice to have expanded analysis and motivational suggestions to improve. This app has become my go-to for solo practice and motivates me to put in more time. When it comes to the 14.1 match play feature, it only shows the running total ball count but not the ball counts per rack. This caused an issue with a match I had.

I also like the scorekeeper feature for 9-ball.

phil228

Hey all

thank you so much for sharing your experiences with the app! Glad, you are all having fun using it and improving your straight pool game :)

Today, I'm again super excited and happy to give you all a very first sneak preview on the most requested improvement for the app itself:

Support for Android devices!

Below, I attached two screenshots of the new Practice 14.1 Android-App, which is currently in the final stages of development. It features all the great functions of the iOS-Version, but is completely redesigned and rebuilt with the established Android design language. Workouts appear as cards on the workouts list, there is an app bar with a navigation drawer to access additional features and information, and of course there is the iconic floating action button to start a new workout.

Due to the progress made in the last couple of weeks, I'm confident with a release of the app very soon - currently targeting end of March! I'm going to setup a pre-registration page on the Google Play Store, where everyone interested can signup and then gets notified when the app actually launches. I will put the link up here once the pre-registration is possible.

Of course I will keep you posted here on AZB or on the Practice 14.1 social channels once the app is available, too.

Thank you for your incredible support over the past weeks and months. And as COVID-19 finally seems to fade, we all can continue pursuing our passion in local clubs again, too!

Take care and stay safe,
Phil

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228-093341_google-pixel4-justblack-portrait.png
    Screenshot_20220228-093341_google-pixel4-justblack-portrait.png
    294 KB · Views: 1,262
  • Screenshot_20220228-093357_google-pixel4-justblack-portrait.png
    Screenshot_20220228-093357_google-pixel4-justblack-portrait.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 1,273

phil228

It's happening! Say hello to Practice 14.1 for Android 👋

What used to be the most requested feature for quite some time now became reality. So from now on, track your straight pool and 8-/9-/10-Ball pool matches conveniently on your device of choice and gain insights into your lifetime stats 🤩

More information & download ➡ Download Practice 14.1 on Android

Attachments

• Update_Android.jpg
    Update_Android.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,107

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I'm looking forward to trying your "Billiard Manager" app on Android. Do the data Analysis tools work for 9 & 10 ball as well?

phil228

I'm looking forward to trying your "Billiard Manager" app on Android. Do the data Analysis tools work for 9 & 10 ball as well?
Looking forward to hear your feedback, @center pocket ! The data analysis will only consider 14.1 workouts by now, as the other formats don't offer a detailed tracking. However, I will put this under consideration for a future update.

phil228

Almost one year ago, the very first app version of Practice 14.1 was released in the AppStore. At that time, with the clear goal of supporting the training of 14.1 straight pool.

Since then, the app has been able to constantly evolve: New game formats, functions and general improvements have been added. And by adding support for Android devices, the vast majority of players can now make use of the app and benefit from it. Now, the time has come to move on to the next chapter.

Today, Practice 14.1 becomes BilliardManager - the management tool for your billiard career. And with this change, other great additions also find their way into the app:
  • Completely revised filter options, which can now also be applied to the workouts list
  • A new timeline view now clearly shows the game progress of played sessions
  • The recently launched scoreboard now contains the most important information you need when playing with the app
BilliardManager_Launch.jpg

Furthermore, BilliardManager Pro is launched as a paid upgrade option - for the ultimate app experience:
  • Get access to the new game formats Blackpool, One-Pocket and Bank-Pool
  • Play games for time or innings
  • Manage your training partners and filter by playing partners to see your personal record against a specific player
  • Distinguish between training and competition games
  • Use the app completely without ads and support future development
BilliardManager_Pro_Scoreboard.jpg

If you have installed Practice 14.1 already, you should receive the new update automatically. Otherwise, you can always download the BilliardManager app directly from here:
=> http://www.billiard-manager.com/

All of this would not have been possible without your support, your feedback, your ratings and reviews, and of course your active use of the app. Thank you all very much - you guys rock! 🤘

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
Phil, i was in a match with a friend and i scratched but recorded a missed ball instead. I made the mistake of hitting the back button on my android phone when I should have selected undo last action and it took me out of the "workout" i was in to the main menu. Well all the data collected in that match was gone, including our current score. It really sucked as my friend was interested in the app and wanting to learn to use it.

I think adding a logic statement with a yes or no asking "are you sure you want to quit this workout before saving? Doing so will lose all data from the current workout." this will prevent that problem for other users when they hit the back button by accident during a workout.

phil228

Phil, i was in a match with a friend and i scratched but recorded a missed ball instead. I made the mistake of hitting the back button on my android phone when I should have selected undo last action and it took me out of the "workout" i was in to the main menu. Well all the data collected in that match was gone, including our current score. It really sucked as my friend was interested in the app and wanting to learn to use it.

I think adding a logic statement with a yes or no asking "are you sure you want to quit this workout before saving? Doing so will lose all data from the current workout." this will prevent that problem for other users when they hit the back button by accident during a workout.
Hey Evan, thanks for sharing your experience and sorry to hear about your issue. Of course, this makes 100% sense and prevents closing the app by accident (which I didn't even know you can until now) Will have a look into this and hopefully find a way to intersect this interaction and show the prompt you are mentioning. Thank you for your valuable feedback! :)

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This app was recently updated to include three levels of Equal Offense. 🙂

My only recommendation would be a pause feature on the timer. Otherwise appreciate the updates and improvements 👍🏼

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The straight pool world could really use what you're striving to create!

I'm primarily interested in the 14.1 capabilities of your app, but I'm having a difficult time determining its capabilities without having either a full description of the app or the visibility of the PRO version. I'm thinking that almost everything that may make the app worthwhile is locked out of the trial version and the additional functionality of the PRO version cannot be determined without paid access to the PRO version.

Can you please describe what capabilities are provided in the trial version and what's added in the PRO version? What will I be able to do in the trial version alone? Additionally, what will I be able to do after upgrading to the PRO version.

Thanks for your help with this.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm primarily interested in the 14.1 capabilities of your app, but I'm having a difficult time determining its capabilities without having either a full description of the app or the visibility of the PRO version. I'm thinking that almost everything that may make the app worthwhile is locked out of the trial version and the additional functionality of the PRO version cannot be determined without paid access to the PRO version.

Can you please describe what capabilities are provided in the trial version and what's added in the PRO version? What will I be able to do in the trial version alone? Additionally, what will I be able to do after upgrading to the PRO version.

Can’t speak for the developer, but eliminating the advertising was #1 perk for me.

phil228

Thank you for your honest feedback! I can understand, that it might not always be super obvious, what the actual benefits of the PRO subscription are, which was one of the reasons for the overhaul of that "pro" section on the app's website => BilliardManager Website

Hope that already clarifies a lot of the functionality in addition to the corresponding "pro explanation view" within the app itself. There is no "trial mode" or something, but using the app's free functionality already covers a lot of common scenarios and should provide a good impression of what quality to expect from the app overall.

Nevertheless, I'm definitely going to consider your suggestions of a limited trial period for the PRO version for a future app update :)

phil228

Happy to announce that the BilliardManager Pro subscription now offers a free 14-days trial period to check out all features and enhancements before (eventually) pulling the purchasing trigger :cool:

Also app version v2.5.0 became available adding two cool new features you all might be interested in - Match Transfers & Livescore-Broadcast!!

To find out all about new features and improvements we also launched a dedicated website for our current and past releases of the app => https://www.billiard-manager.com/en/releases.html

Hope you like and appreciate the ongoing updates and continue to enjoy using the BilliardManager App :)

Best
Phil