Billiards Digest Disassociates Themselves From The ITP

macguy said:
In a small defense of Mike Sigel, I doubt he ever thought there was a chance players would not get paid. I am sure he, like everyone else with a brain in their heads, thought the tour had zilch chance of succeeding but would just fold, not stiff everyone. KT said in the beginning, if it all went bad then they would just lose money and it would have been a party for a while.

Even I believed that, he has a history of pissing away money irrationally so why not. He is an egotistical idiot who found a bunch of poor down-and-outs in the form of the pool players, who he could easily impress and get to worship him. Something he obviously loved and they didn't let him down, you read a lot of it here. I was very surprised though when he didn't pay.

Sorry Mac, anyone that thought that KT would not stiff anyone and everyone that he came in contact with had their head in the sand.

KT has a long history of being a low-life scam artist, a convicted felon of fraud, and a amoral, unethical predator that chooses the most helpless and desperate of people, the sick and desperate, as his victims. Seriously, what would make anyone think that KT would treat the pool community any better than he treats the sick, infirmed and elderly? MS had to know what KT was capable of.

I also tend to think that many, if not most, of the players had a little voice in their head telling them not to trust this KT character, but figured "what the hell, this may work. And even if it doesn't, I have nothing to lose compared to what I can gain." It was probably worth the shot for many, certainly not all.

Just thinking about KT right now is making lunch sound like a terrible idea.

Jim
 
jimmyg said:
...I also tend to think that many, if not most, of the players had a little voice in their head telling them not to trust this KT character, but figured "what the hell, this may work. And even if it doesn't, I have nothing to lose compared to what I can gain." It was probably worth the shot for many, certainly not all....

Yes! :D

JAM
 
jimmyg said:
KT has a long history of being a low-life scam artist, a convicted felon of fraud, and a amoral, unethical predator that chooses the most helpless and desperate of people, the sick and desperate, as his victims. Jim
Tap-tippity-tap-tap TAP TAP

Concise and dead-on description.

But still, KT has sworn we naysayers will "eat our words". If that's the case, you and I both will be eating about 500 lbs of our own commentaries :D If that's the case, we can fire up the grill at my house, and wash it all down with a few gallons of [insert adult beverage of choice here].
 
jimmyg said:
Sorry Mac, anyone that thought that KT would not stiff anyone and everyone that he came in contact with had their head in the sand.

KT has a long history of being a low-life scam artist, a convicted felon of fraud, and a amoral, unethical predator that chooses the most helpless and desperate of people, the sick and desperate, as his victims. Seriously, what would make anyone think that KT would treat the pool community any better than he treats the sick, infirmed and elderly? MS had to know what KT was capable of.

I also tend to think that many, if not most, of the players had a little voice in their head telling them not to trust this KT character, but figured "what the hell, this may work. And even if it doesn't, I have nothing to lose compared to what I can gain." It was probably worth the shot for many, certainly not all.

Just thinking about KT right now is making lunch sound like a terrible idea.

Jim


I knew he was capable of it but just didn't think an out and out "no pay" would happen. I just pictured postponements of tournaments and at some point it would just fizzle. To actually hold a tournament that on day one, they knew they had no money to pay and lie all week right to the faces of the players was just amazing.

What could they have possible been thinking, how were they going to explain this at the end of the week? Who actually knew and when? Did Deno know? If he did and he didn't just resign on the spot, he is even worse then we are giving him credit for.
 
cuetique said:
Tap-tippity-tap-tap TAP TAP

Concise and dead-on description.

But still, KT has sworn we naysayers will "eat our words". If that's the case, you and I both will be eating about 500 lbs of our own commentaries :D If that's the case, we can fire up the grill at my house, and wash it all down with a few gallons of [insert adult beverage of choice here].

Invitation accepted.:)

Jim
 
Back
Top