Billiards Digest...where Do You Buy It?

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
I live in a city of a million people and for the life of me can not and have never seen on the shelves a Billiards Digest magazine.
I am going to be on a lay-over in Houston this week-end,do you think they might have it in the mag racks in the airport.
Or if any canadian can tell me where to pick this up or where they are getting it.
 
jimmy-leggs said:
I live in a city of a million people and for the life of me can not and have never seen on the shelves a Billiards Digest magazine.
I am going to be on a lay-over in Houston this week-end,do you think they might have it in the mag racks in the airport.
Or if any canadian can tell me where to pick this up or where they are getting it.
I know this is a pretty obvious answer but can't you subscribe? I have never checked but I would think they mail to Canada. Hit the BD website, if they don't show a list of vendors at least you should be able to verify that the mail to Canada.
 
Ktown D said:
I know this is a pretty obvious answer but can't you subscribe? I have never checked but I would think they mail to Canada. Hit the BD website, if they don't show a list of vendors at least you should be able to verify that the mail to Canada.
Thats tooooo easy.:yikes: I guess what i'm asking, can you pick it up at a magazine stand?
 
jimmy-leggs said:
Thats tooooo easy.:yikes: I guess what i'm asking, can you pick it up at a magazine stand?

I would have to say no, unless the magazine stand is located in a pool room. I have never seen Billiard Digest anywhere but a pool room.
 
jimmy-leggs said:
Thats tooooo easy.:yikes: I guess what i'm asking, can you pick it up at a magazine stand?

I'm pretty sure you can, someone handed me one in the pool hall last night after he read it and it did not have the address sticker on it which leads me to believe that he got it as a store somewhere, I will ask him tonight where he got it.
 
jimmy-leggs said:
I live in a city of a million people and for the life of me can not and have never seen on the shelves a Billiards Digest magazine.
I am going to be on a lay-over in Houston this week-end,do you think they might have it in the mag racks in the airport.
Or if any canadian can tell me where to pick this up or where they are getting it.

Here is a list of vendors as per the BD webpage.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_where_to_find_bd/

Have fun in the states, if you lay over in Edmonton (haha) look me up and we'll play.
 
stevea said:
I'm pretty sure you can, someone handed me one in the pool hall last night after he read it and it did not have the address sticker on it which leads me to believe that he got it as a store somewhere, I will ask him tonight where he got it.
stevea:

The magazine not having an address sticker on it is not a good indicator that the magazine itself was purchased in a store, vs. a postal-mailed subscription issue. Reason: Billiards Digets, Inside Pool, and Pool & Billiards magazines are shipped inside a moisture/weather-resistant clear plastic bag (at least here in the U.S. -- I'm a subscriber to all three). The mailing address label is on the outside of this plastic bag. Remove the magazine from the bag, and voila -- no indication on the magazine that it was a subscription issue.

Anyway, I just wanted to point that out; hope it was helpful info.
-Sean
 
i haven't seen pool mags for sale in stores in years, used to able to buy it in big book stores like barnes and noble. i only see it for sale in pool halls these days.
 
I've been getting mine at the local Barnes and Noble when I haven't subscribed. They don't all carry it, though. There are two in Greenville, SC and neither one of them carries it. An employee at the local told me they are considering dropping it, just not enough people want it. LOT of league players in this area, guess they don't/can't read ;)
 
gotta subscribe. Ive never seen one anywhere. and no adress sticker is cause it comes in a bag. Like someone pointed out.
 
Back
Top