Billy Incardona is Hall of Fame worthy

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This place continues to astound me, but makes me laugh, too, lol. I think Lou just speaks his mind. You should respect him for speaking up for the mostly unpopular opinion and keeping with his stance.

Keep it up Lou!

I am over being astounded. I learnt me a long time ago that there are a lot of not so smart people now with access to the inter web.

Thanks, JDB, for your positive comments.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tom, ignore this guy. Jay is right. You don't have to prove anything to anyone. You've seen him in print here and other pool-related forums.

Keep on shining brightly in the pool world. Those of us who are fortunate to know you cherish our friendship for eternity. You are truly one of the good guys, and to have you as a friend is a friend for life, a true friend for life.

Tom-Tom is the real deal when it comes to pool. One-pocket is his game, though he can play all games well. He has traveled the country from coast to coast and has probably played more people in action games than some members of this forum can fathom. His tournaments won also speak for themselves.

I don't know why some people get their rocks off by bashing the pros. It's always the same people that do it.

As far as Billy Incardona goes, of course, he belongs in the BCA's Hall of Fame, but unless you're one of the favorites or darlings of the voting members, it probably ain't gonna happen, sad to say.

I say the Serenity Prayer now when it comes to pool. I give up and accept it for what it is. It's game, not a sport.

I think Grady should go first, if we're talking Meritorious Service as suggested by the OP.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, is that for a Greyhound or a Megabus???? Lolo lol

Lou, initially I kinda was with you on your take about pool players. We all know if you've spent any amount of time immersed in the pool culture that "stuff " does indeed happen all the time. I can't speak to BI so I won't and will defer to those respected members that do actually know him well. But again, your initial statement might not have been that far off BUT what I do have a problem with is a newbie poster who no one knows starts spouting off garbage. Then, we'll that's one thing but not providing even a shred to back it up....... well garbage is what probably best describes it and it should have exactly ZERO credibility given to it and with you being around as long as you have both in pool rooms and online it's hard to understand how you would try to lend ANY credibility to it?????.

As to your comments about Tom Tom - my whole pool life he was always right at the top of the pecking order in one hole right beside The Mighty Geese. Always. ( I don't know if they ever played but I would love to hear about it if they ever did!!!! - hint JAMMY!!!! �� ). By the way Jammy, this weekend at the Expo I was hanging out with a girl playing in the pro women's tourney. I was Sonia from 'Bama and she asked me to tell you hi so - Hi ��. So back to you Lou, so you say you've never heard of Tom Tom. That's fine but I'll tell you what, how but you come play him some and I'll stake him ( not that he needs it ) . I'm fair so I'll let him give you 2 balls because you definitely need them. Get your couple honeys together and call the Corp together for the rest and let's see what happens. I will tell you one thing for sure : Tom ain't no JB! AS To his traveling the country I can not speak to that either but I would be highly surprised if he had not. As to your knee injury - while initially I took up for you, I now call TOTAL BS AT THIS POINT. As I ,entitled when I initially took up for you I too tore my meniscus. In fact I tore it so bad 40% of it had to be removed in surgery while they reattached my severed ACL. YES , it was painful as hell at first. However, after surgery to correct both my removed meniscus and severed ACL I was walking within a month to month and a half. I was restricted from sports and running and the like but I could walk around without crutches at this point. IE; playing pool was fine and was not restricted in any way...... fyi and would have to assume your the same????

Bmore, I'm not siding with OF. There was something about the way the guy spoke that made me feel that we should keep an open mind. And frankly, given his low post count and willingness to be banned for speaking his mind, it wouldn't surprise me if OF wasn't a burner account for an established member that wants to speak without jeopardy (or the kinds of attacks being leveled at me). But that's pure conjecture.

As to TW, my point was that I had never heard of him, him being on the East Coast and I on the West Coast. I'm not saying he isn't a fine player, just that I'd never heard of him until recently.

As to my knees, they are what they are. And while I'm glad you got over your injuries the nature of mine prevent me from standing comfortably at the table. I was getting better but at the DCC, all the sitting down and then getting back up during the matches set me back, and by my last match I could barely balance myself at the table.

Lou Figueroa
still cashed though :)

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As to TW, my point was that I had never heard of him, him being on the East Coast and I on the West Coast. I'm not saying he isn't a fine player, just that I'd never heard of him until recently.

Lou Figueroa
still cashed though :)

Never heard of him until recently? Did you play Tom 1p years ago and lose. Did you not know who you lost to? Was he wearing a wig, glasses and a fake mustache?

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard of him until recently? Did you play Tom 1p years ago and lose. Did you not know who you lost to?

As I said previously, I had no idea who he was when we played nor after. No clue. He was just another guy. No one ran up to me and said, "oooooh, Lou, you're playing the great Tom Wirth!!!"

In fact, now that I think about it, we went hill-hill and he barely ecked out the win, 4-3. This was in the late 90's when I had just come off a 10 year layoff from pool and was learning 1pocket after moving to St. Louis.

Lou Figueroa
sorry

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As I said previously, I had no idea who he was when we played nor after. No clue. He was just another guy. No one ran up to me and said, "oooooh, Lou, you're playing the great Tom Wirth!!!"

Lou Figueroa
sorry

I think Tom played against Frost and won the match against him....you were not curious who Tom was? Interesting... Tom remembered playing you. Hey..You had a chance to take your picture with him:killingme::killingme:

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Just reading through this thread, I am amazed at the amount of history, experience, and legend of some of the posters here. Tom, Jay, Mr. Stroud, JAM, Lou, and the others. I have never met any of you or Mr. Incardona, but I have learned a ton about the history of pool from each of you. I think the posters on here are a vital part of the fabric of pool's history. Thanks for all of you sharing your experiences and stories.

Old Fart may turn out to be famous old road warrior, or he may turn out to be full of crap, but I think when some of the great personalities of pool start mudslinging and name calling it cheapens the thread..unless of course the woofing leads to someone getting in the box for some cheese!

Lou does strike me as someone who likes to stir the pot and get a good debate going, but heck when was the last time someone took a internet disagreement, stepped up, and settled it on the table. That has to be worth something.

Heck Jay has lived enough adventure for a couple of lifetimes, and is still here contributing and entertaining.

JAM seems to know as many or more people in the pool world than most, and if she is like my wife, she gets to boss around one of the great money players of all time.

Again thanks to ALL for sharing your stories and experiences.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Wow. Just reading through this thread, I am amazed at the amount of history, experience, and legend of some of the posters here. Tom, Jay, Mr. Stroud, JAM, Lou, and the others. I have never met any of you or Mr. Incardona, but I have learned a ton about the history of pool from each of you. I think the posters on here are a vital part of the fabric of pool's history. Thanks for all of you sharing your experiences and stories.

Old Fart may turn out to be famous old road warrior, or he may turn out to be full of crap, but I think when some of the great personalities of pool start mudslinging and name calling it cheapens the thread..unless of course the woofing leads to someone getting in the box for some cheese!

Lou does strike me as someone who likes to stir the pot and get a good debate going, but heck when was the last time someone took a internet disagreement, stepped up, and settled it on the table. That has to be worth something.

Heck Jay has lived enough adventure for a couple of lifetimes, and is still here contributing and entertaining.

JAM seems to know as many or more people in the pool world than most, and if she is like my wife, she gets to boss around one of the great money players of all time.

I have to agree with Joker on several points. First off, with the exception of a few initial posts in the thread ( saying Grady should be in, as well as BI and also Joe Kerr and plenty of "others" as well ), I have steered clear of this thread. I like to contribute ( as anyone can plainly see, I think ) but once this thread became contentious, I stayed out of it. I don't know BI. I never saw him play. But have I known who he is and for decades? Yes. Most certainly. Did I know him as one hell of a player? Certainly. Do I know if he was "shady" 40 years ago, to any degree? No. I've no idea whatsoever. Would it bother me if I knew he had been? Probably not. I liked Louie a lot. I got to know him to a certain degree, spoke with him numerous times. Bought him some beers. Had tremendous respect for his game and I liked hm as a person. Did he ever do anything "shady" in his life? Probably. Does that bother me? Nope. He was a pool player. Life-long. As such, it's pretty much part and parcel to the lifestyle. Did I think Louie was a good person? Yup. I did. Could I have been wrong about that? Of course. But in the end, that isn't my call to make.

I would've liked to have seen BI play, especially 40 years ago. I would've liked to have known him. I can say the same for myriad players and personalities in the pool universe. And just as I didn't like some of those in that universe I did know, I'm sure some of those I never met or saw play, I may not have liked had I seen them or gotten to know them. C'est la vie. Pool is just a microcosm of life. Most people I know I like. Some I don't. One thing I do know, though. *Everyone* does or says things someone somewhere will not or does not like or agree with. Again, c'est la vie. But do I appreciate this site? Oh, yeah... I do. Is this site important to pool? Yes, with a capital Y. Am I grateful this site is chock-full of lifetimes of experiences, stories and perspectives? Absolutely. Does it feel like a family here to me? Sure it does... in a way. Just like pool at large has always felt like a family to me. It's been monumentally important to me in many ways and has probably done more to shape my world view than most other things I've ever experienced.

So, again, I've stayed out of this ongoing back n forth about BI and OF and Lou. I don't know any of them. I have nothing to offer on any of them. Is it a bit uncomfortable to read it all as it's unfolded? Yup. But, as families tend to do, it's a few fist fights, a few bad feelings, a few choice words... and then it will all go away. Until the next bone of contention pops up. In the meantime I just wanted to say thanks to all for helping make my world a little more interesting and for giving me a place where I can feel I actually belong. And for me, in this life, that's really saying something good. Thanks again y'all.

Last edited:

Nccm

Registered
you are Correct, people Do Change, especially as they get wiser. everyone has demons and regrets!!
Integrity is not a prerequisite to get into the HOF. Many players inducted stole, cheated, lied and hustled most of there life. Some were even banned from playing in tournaments and others did time. Your opinion is just that but the qualifications to be in the HOF would make BI eligible

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cues- a lot of people may like billy but i wonder how many of them trust him? i realize that it is Only My opinion, but to be HOF worthy should include integrity. Maybe i am by myself in this, but Billy was always about "doing business". i can think of a lot of other greats, who many on here would never recognize their names, are just as deserving based on their Game and More deserving based on their Reputation.

I understand that there are many people/players considered for induction, deservingly so, but for someone like yourself to attack my integrity spreading felicious statements about my character is not only a cowardly assertion but an untrue assertion as well. Your real name obviously isn't old fart is it? People that know me as you say you do would never imply as you did that I was known for "doing business" as you so blatantly put it. Lol. My name is Bill Incardona and I stand behind the merit of my name alone which I'm proud of, not only in terms of my playing a ility, my communication skills, my love and passion for the game we play, and for the players that play it. Unveil yourself to all your forum members so they and myself can identify you as a person of credibility. Just don't recall ever reading anything from "old fart".

There has only been one person who use to post on Onepocket.Org that tried to attack my integrity as you are doing on here, he went by the name of "Cowboy Dennis" he didnt like pool players especially the champions.

I have been around the pool world for 58 years and I have never been hard to find nor investigate, how. about U.

Bill Incardona

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is bullsh-t! Billy has always been one of the most respected people in the pool world for as long as I can remember! Every time I saw him action, he was betting his own money....and winning! He had a better record than anyone else and matched up really well. Billy could jabber and jaw with the best of them while negotiating a game. It could go on for hours, but when his mark said the right words Billy would just say, "Let's play." I've got mad respect for the man!

Thank you Jay, your post IMO is impactful and you have known me as many others have for over 50 years. Forums are places for people to communicate with the masses, and there will always be a percentage of people who will want attention by fabricating propaganda like this man has tried to do, and if it weren't for respected people like yourself and a countless number of other posters that rebutted this world would be a ball of confusement. Thank you Jay Helfert.

Bill Incardona

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is clear from your post that you know nothing about Bill Incordona.

He and I were never close friends but had mutual respect for each other.

Billy was a gambler in the early days just as I was. Along with that discription comes a certain amount of baggage.

I never did any Business and I never heard of Billy doing any either. He was always a stand up guy.

Billy has been a great promoter of Billiards. Much better than I have ever been.

He is a well respected player and a valued commentator.

I don’t have any idea where you are getting your info from but mine is first hand.

At 77 I am old enough to meet your requirements to have a valid opinion.

Bill Stroud-Josswest

Thank you Billy, yes we go back to the early 60's, that's a hell of a long time ago, isn't it? Like I mentioned to Jay Helfert, its respectful people/players like you that have came forth and rebutted these moral attacks by a man who don't have the "balls" to unveil himself which should open up the eyes to many what kind of a person he is.

55 years of knowing someone is just about a life time. We certainly have that experience. Thank you

Bill Incardona

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Excellent post, yes.

Bill Incardona.

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you prove or disprove a player doing business, particularly when it allegedly happened decades ago?

Players hear rumors, players see patterns, players talk, good and bad. Ours is a pretty small world and one way or the other, word tends to get around. Personally I don't know one way or the other, but at 64 I've been around pool long enough to not discount some things out of hand, particularly stories from back in the day when guys would do business, hustle and lemonade, dump, and all the rest. Titanic Thompson anyone?

Lou Figueroa
Lou, you being 64 years old would not exclude you from being morally attacked now would it based on your theory? In another one of your post you mentioned tha players living on the west coast haven't got around to the central and eastern cities in this country enough to have a opinion on players like myself because they only know me from my west coast experiences. That may be true but I certainly have gotten around to all parts of our country, yes west coast, east coast, north east, south east, Mobile Al, all parts of Texas, and just about any state that there was action in in my 57 years of playing, hustling, and traveling to tournaments, have not I? And through all those years I have met and done good business with literally 100's of people, well respected people that collectively have come forth in this thread to endorse my Integrety as a person because they know me, not know of me.

The only person who has spoken lowly of me is old fat, and you seem to be wavering. Well Lou let me put you on the spot, what do you really think of my character as a person? Just curious, a good understanding means a lot.

Bill Incardona

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Thank you Jay, your post IMO is impactful and you have known me as many others have for over 50 years. Forums are places for people to communicate with the masses, and there will always be a percentage of people who will want attention by fabricating propaganda like this man has tried to do, and if it weren't for respected people like yourself and a countless number of other posters that rebutted this world would be a ball of confusement. Thank you Jay Helfert.

Bill Incardona

Wish *I* had had a chance to get to know you, Bill. I also wish I could have seen you play 50 years ago when I was getting really serious about the game. I would have liked to have soaked up the lessons just from watching. Thanks for everything you give to the game.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BI. You are one of most well respected players/people of all time. Thank you for your contributions to pool. Especially 1p. I support a ban for Old FK. This thread is totally out of line and uncalled for.

old fart

Registered
Billy,struck a nerve didnt it!! You say that your integrity is beyond reproach in the pool world- then Your a LIAR!!! there BAN ME for telling the TRUTH- i dont give a F

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy,struck a nerve didnt it!! You say that your integrity is beyond reproach in the pool world- then Your a LIAR!!! there BAN ME for telling the TRUTH- i dont give a F

I have nothing to do with the banning of there is one, you brought that on all by yourself. By your outrageous attitude I'm sure you're not surprised if in fact you're banned. Like I mentioned in an earlier post you remind me of a man called Cowboy Dennis, I wouldn't be surprised if in fact you were he. Banning shouldn't offer much h resistance for people like you, yes, you will probably come back under another moniker, something like "In God We Trust"

You have a nice day hating on people, seems that's what you enjoy.

Bill Incardona