Billy Incardona is Hall of Fame worthy

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Cues- a lot of people may like billy but i wonder how many of them trust him? i realize that it is Only My opinion, but to be HOF worthy should include integrity. Maybe i am by myself in this, but Billy was always about "doing business". i can think of a lot of other greats, who many on here would never recognize their names, are just as deserving based on their Game and More deserving based on their Reputation.

My first job at 15 years old in 1967 was at Varsity
8-Ball, a penny a minute to play.
I saw plenty of moves, even had a couple pulled on me by so-called friends.
Even when I got back in to pool after my divorce in 2002, some of the same guys were around and remembered me, and guys were still "doing business."
Nothing surprises me when it comes to gamblers, although I people do change.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bbb, please do not take this as an insult but how old are you? i ask that because billy was infamous for doing business. i realize that MANY did business but not many that i know of were "infamous" for it. in order to give specifics i would have to name others involved and i simply refuse to do that because this post is Not about them. in fact i would not have even brought it up about billy except that he is mentioned as HOF worthy by some, and they are entitled to their opinions. i am pretty confident if you talk to older players who trust you enough to tell you the truth while knowing that it wont go any further than your ears, you should find some stuff out.

Old Fart. Has BI done anything personal to you? I know of him as a great player and commentator. Your post is Hey I got a secret... I’m not telling. Don’t cheapen the thread. Welcome aboard and say something good or don’t say it.

old fart

Registered
goldcrown- i wasnt aware that i had to appease You with My posts. when people are mentioned for HOF i put my 2cents worth in(based on what i know) just as you and anyone else has the right to do. as i said in my 1st post regarding this topic, You Can BAN me but i stand by My Post. as for You, i dont give a damn what you think!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
goldcrown- i wasnt aware that i had to appease You with My posts. when people are mentioned for HOF i put my 2cents worth in(based on what i know) just as you and anyone else has the right to do. as i said in my 1st post regarding this topic, You Can BAN me but i stand by My Post. as for You, i dont give a damn what you think!

Nobody is banning you. Nobody is mad at you. You made your point. You’re entitled. Free speech here.

Last edited:

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You obviously realized that your post would not be taken kindly by most who have been following this thread and yet you felt obligated to throw you two cents in. Of course you have the right to share your thoughts on any subject but I ask you, was is necessary to publicly throw mud at a man and not provide "proof" of what you say?
I for one have no wish to hear your "proof" just as I have no wish to hear public mud slinging about anyone. May I suggest if you wish to share your negativity please do it in a private setting. I learned a valuable lesson many years ago. If I have nothing nice to say and the situation has no effect one way or the other on me then it is best to keep my mouth shut.

You do what you like but comments like yours will not make you many friends.
I wish to add that I commend you for not wishing to post your "proof". We all know how tacky that would be.
Lastly, I don't believe a word of it.
Tom

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Billy is worthy...is Jose in yet? You could make a long list of players you would think should be in.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
bbb, please do not take this as an insult but how old are you? i ask that because billy was infamous for doing business. i realize that MANY did business but not many that i know of were "infamous" for it. in order to give specifics i would have to name others involved and i simply refuse to do that because this post is Not about them. in fact i would not have even brought it up about billy except that he is mentioned as HOF worthy by some, and they are entitled to their opinions. i am pretty confident if you talk to older players who trust you enough to tell you the truth while knowing that it wont go any further than your ears, you should find some stuff out.

This is bullsh-t! Billy has always been one of the most respected people in the pool world for as long as I can remember! Every time I saw him in action, he was betting his own money....and winning! He had a better record than anyone else and matched up really well. Billy could jabber and jaw with the best of them while negotiating a game. It could go on for hours, but when his mark said the right words Billy would just say, "Let's play." I've got mad respect for the man!

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I remember Billy Incardona back in the early 1970s, when almost no one (anywhere) wanted to get on a 9-ball table with him.
As strong a player as there was.
Hard nosed, headstrong, ready for action at any price.....and could he play!

As years went by, Billy dove-tailed into his speaking roles and rose to the top of the heap here as well.
But make no mistake, he was a monster player.
And always with the best cues anyone had....Szamboti, Stroud, another Szamboti. And so on.

Absolutely Hall of Fame worthy, on many dimensions: player, veteran player, meritorious service, etc..
I would be a loud advocate to see him go in.....NEXT!

Will Prout

jay helfert;6134154[B said:
]This is bullsh-t! Billy has always been one of the most respected people in the pool world for as long as I can remember! [/B]Every time I saw him action, he was betting his own money....and winning! He had a better record than anyone else and matched up really well. Billy could jabber and jaw with the best of them while negotiating a game. It could go on for hours, but when his mark said the right words Billy would just say, "Let's play." I've got mad respect for the man!

can you give any specifics
because i never see or read or have heard billy's name associated with "doing business"
i am sure he was not a choir boy but nothing beyond the "norm" for his time
he seems to be VERY respected by his peers

i am 65....old enough old fart ?
as tom wirth another respected member of the pool community for a long time said in a post above regarding your allegations
I DONT BELEIVE A WORD OF IT
you have 2 long time respected member in the pool scene who also refute your allegations
bill incardona's acheivements as a player and as the voice of accustats
and except for you is someone who has the respect of his peers
i beleive him to be worthy of the HALL OF FAME

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
lets not side track the thread
lets get bill incardona elected
:)

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
i am 65....old enough old fart ?
as tom wirth another respected member of the pool community for a long time said in a post above regarding your allegations
I DONT BELEIVE A WORD OF IT
you have 2 long time respected member in the pool scene who also refute your allegations
bill incardona's acheivements as a player and as the voice of accustats
and except for you is someone who has the respect of his peers
i beleive him to be worthy of the HALL OF FAME

Sounds to me like someone got busted somewhere down the road when they thought they had the dead nuts! :D ( imho )

bstroud

Deceased

It is clear from your post that you know nothing about Bill Incordona.

He and I were never close friends but had mutual respect for each other.

Billy was a gambler in the early days just as I was. Along with that discription comes a certain amount of baggage.

I never did any Business and I never heard of Billy doing any either. He was always a stand up guy.

Billy has been a great promoter of Billiards. Much better than I have ever been.

He is a well respected player and a valued commentator.

I don’t have any idea where you are getting your info from but mine is first hand.

At 77 I am old enough to meet your requirements to have a valid opinion.

Bill Stroud-Josswest

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You obviously realized that your post would not be taken kindly by most who have been following this thread and yet you felt obligated to throw you two cents in. Of course you have the right to share your thoughts on any subject but I ask you, was is necessary to publicly throw mud at a man and not provide "proof" of what you say?
I for one have no wish to hear your "proof" just as I have no wish to hear public mud slinging about anyone. May I suggest if you wish to share your negativity please do it in a private setting. I learned a valuable lesson many years ago. If I have nothing nice to say and the situation has no effect one way or the other on me then it is best to keep my mouth shut.

You do what you like but comments like yours will not make you many friends.
I wish to add that I commend you for not wishing to post your "proof". We all know how tacky that would be.
Lastly, I don't believe a word of it.
Tom

How do you prove or disprove a player doing business, particularly when it allegedly happened decades ago?

Players hear rumors, players see patterns, players talk, good and bad. Ours is a pretty small world and one way or the other, word tends to get around. Personally I don't know one way or the other, but at 64 I've been around pool long enough to not discount some things out of hand, particularly stories from back in the day when guys would do business, hustle and lemonade, dump, and all the rest. Titanic Thompson anyone?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is clear from your post that you know nothing about Bill Incordona.

He and I were never close friends but had mutual respect for each other.

Billy was a gambler in the early days just as I was. Along with that discription comes a certain amount of baggage.

I never did any Business and I never heard of Billy doing any either. He was always a stand up guy.

Billy has been a great promoter of Billiards. Much better than I have ever been.

He is a well respected player and a valued commentator.

I don’t have any idea where you are getting your info from but mine is first hand.

At 77 I am old enough to meet your requirements to have a valid opinion.

Bill Stroud-Josswest

I think O.F. takes up where banned member ENGLISH left off. Goes on and on. As for someone’s past..... it’s where the person is going not where he has been. As for Doing Business I thought that was a dog taking a crap.

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How do you prove or disprove a player doing business, particularly when it allegedly happened decades ago?

Players hear rumors, players see patterns, players talk, good and bad. Ours is a pretty small world and one way or the other, word tends to get around. Personally I don't know one way or the other, but at 64 I've been around pool long enough to not discount some things out of hand, particularly stories from back in the day when guys would do business, hustle and lemonade, and all the rest. Titanic Thompson anyone?

Lou Figueroa

You don't Lou. And that has been one of the points I was making by placing the word "proof" in quotes. You ask "How do you prove one way or the other...I ask; How does Billy prove his innocence to this man's charges. I did not know Billy in his early days but I know him now and I trust my sense of the man. I also know many who have known him for decades, and I trust their judgement far greater then that of someone who is willing to publicly throw dirt at someone with allegations decades old. Talk about unfair! That's why OF should not have opened this can of filth.

Words tend to get around. And OF's words are now out in public where a true gentleman of our sport, an ambassador as well, is now being maligned. Unfair and I hope OF retracts his statement.

Tom

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't Lou. And that has been one of the points I was making by placing the word "proof" in quotes. You ask "How do you prove one way or the other...I ask; How does Billy prove his innocence to this man's charges. I did not know Billy in his early days but I know him now and I trust my sense of the man. I also know many who have known him for decades, and I trust their judgement far greater then that of someone who is willing to publicly throw dirt at someone with allegations decades old. Talk about unfair! That's why OF should not have opened this can of filth.

Words tend to get around. And OF's words are now out in public where a true gentleman of our sport, an ambassador as well, is now being maligned. Unfair and I hope OF retracts his statement.

Tom

Aren't you an East Coast guy, Tom? So perhaps you don't know either.

The fact of the matter is that the standard for "proof" in the pool world is not as it is in the legal world. Guys talk, stuff happens all over the country, in small and large pool rooms, before small number of witnesses. And whereas you can say "no way" all you want, that does not discount what other guys may have observed on other sides of the country.

When people talk about, say, Jack Cooney as the master of laying down the long con, how do you "prove" or disprove that? It is word of mouth and I don't think anyone nowadays argues that San Francisco Jack wasn't the master of the long stall. Prove it? Impossible. Other than stories.

So all I'm saying is that if someone comes here with credible testimony, he should be heard out. So far OF seems credible to me, and I would hope that, without naming names that he feels would be problematic, he'll provide some level of detail to bolster his claims IF he wants to be taken seriously. If he doesn't, well then, then I guess we can throw it all in the rumor file. In any case, let's hear him out if he chooses to provide something to back up his initial accusations. But there is no way that you can automatically say there is zero credibility to what he says.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lou, East coast? What does the east coast have to do with anything? You speak as though the east coast has been insulated from the underworld of pool or that I've lived in a vacuum and never been exposed to that side of the game. Absurd, assure you. As are most of us, I am well aware of what went on and goes on in pool rooms and have been a first hand witness to much of it. That is not the point and you know it.

Please, let's not add fuel to this unsavory crap. OF is certainly entitled to his opinion but what is to be gained by expressing it on a public forum where even you admitted, he who is being attacked cannot defend himself. Can we move on? Unfair!

Tom