Billy Incardona is Hall of Fame worthy

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Billy always tried to beat you out of money but he is friends with and has helped more pool players than anyone I know. One of the very few champions that did it on their own. You never ever saw him begging for anything.

I've seen quite a few too.

Billy's IOU book has to be a who's who of pool and I've never seen or heard of him asking for anything.

I'm proud to count him as a friend of mine and I don't even owe him anything...yet. :wink:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That means that it is now you, Tom, that has a history. Documented ;-) I will remember that.

Lou Figueroa

3rd grade lives. He started it.

Tom does have a history and it's a pretty good one. Aside from being a 1st class player, instructor, publisher he appears to a gentleman as well. Not a person that dwells on confrontation and conflict. Just curious why did you leave 1p.org...can you answer bbb.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou why were you banned from onepocket.org ??

My first question back to you is: what would that have to do with BI's nomination to the HOF, unless you just want to "stir the shit" and personally attack me?

Second, I was never, and am not currently, banned from that site. If you want details, ask Steve.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3rd grade lives. He started it.

Tom does have a history and it's a pretty good one. Aside from being a 1st class player, instructor, publisher he appears to a gentleman as well. Not a person that dwells on confrontation and conflict. Just curious why did you leave 1p.org...can you answer bbb.

Tom's recent history here, does not appear to be so good, looking at his posts. They speak for themselves as to the true nature of the man. You can say whatever you want, but his recent posts here speak volumes about his character. I'm not claiming to be Snow White but you cannot make him out to be much better.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom's recent history here, does not appear to be so good, looking at his posts.

Lou Figueroa

You're 100% correct. Tom's history is not good.

It's absolutely great. Outstanding kind of person. A man that is a good & loyal friend to those that know him.

Seems like Tom and B.I. beat the same drum. 2 well respected players and people.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lou why were you banned from onepocket.org ??

My first question back to you is: what would that have to do with BI's nomination to the HOF, unless you just want to "stir the shit" and personally attack me?

Second, I was never, and am not currently, banned from that site. If you want details, ask Steve.

Lou Figueroa

after i looked it up at 1p.org you were SUSPENDED not banned
my bad...:embarrassed2:
my recollection was it was over attacking several legends of the game including bill incardona and casting aspersions
since i am old and my memory is not so good i asked you for your version
what it has to do with oldfart and billys nomination
is the passive aggressive nature to be supportive of old fart when you have an old agenda against billy
icbw
lfig suspended pic.png

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're 100% correct. Tom's history is not good.

It's absolutely great. Outstanding kind of person. A man that is a good & loyal friend to those that know him.

Seems like Tom and B.I. beat the same drum. 2 well respected players and people.

If you look at his history of recent personal attacks, I would beg to differ.

Lou Figueroa

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy always tried to beat you out of money but he is friends with and has helped more pool players than anyone I know. One of the very few champions that did it on their own. You never ever saw him begging for anything.

I've seen quite a few too.

Billy's IOU book has to be a who's who of pool and I've never seen or heard of him asking for anything.

I'm proud to count him as a friend of mine and I don't even owe him anything...yet. :wink:

I've been around the tournaments and poolrooms for over 35 years and have known Billy since 1984 and he has always been as honorable and as nice a person as I have met in pool. One more thing, he's the only real pool player I've ever known who would pick up the check at a restaurant most all of them get a case of alligator arms when the check comes.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after i looked it up at 1p.org you were SUSPENDED not banned
my bad...:embarrassed2:
my recollection was it was over attacking several legends of the game including bill incardona and casting aspersions
since i am old and my memory is not so good i asked you for your version
what it has to do with oldfart and billys nomination
is the passive aggressive nature to be supportive of old fart when you have an old agenda against billy
icbw
View attachment 490084

Look, if this is the best you can do -- turn a discussion about Cardone's qualifications for induction into the HOF into a personal attack on me and/or my history here and/or onepocket.org -- then start a new thread.

Call it what you will. How about, "My Beef With Lou Figueroa Because He Doesn't Agree With Me." Or how about, "Attacks on Lou Figueroa Because He Disagrees With My 1Pocket Hero." Maybe, "I Can't Run a Rack But I Can Call Lou Figueroa Names on AZ." I'm sure you'll be creative and can come up with a few more.

Have at it and I will engage to your heart's content, Larry, but in a new thread. Here, try and argue on the merits of the case. I know that'll be a stretch for you and a few others, but give it a go, lol.

Lou Figueroa

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you look at his history of recent personal attacks, I would beg to differ.

Lou Figueroa

I did a search and came up with “0”. Does this mean you are not buying his new DVD... A Series of Unique Shots and Situations.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a search and came up with “0”. Does this mean you are not buying his new DVD... A Series of Unique Shots and Situations.

If you want to tout his DVD you should take it to the For Sale forum.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not friends with him. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt rather than to believe a guy from a particular era was as pure as the driven snow.

Lou Figueroa
not born yesterday

So, in Billy's case it's guilty until proven innocent. Lou, in case you didn't know, you have a well deserved reputation on here for engaging in flame wars and talking out your ass about things you know nothing about. On the other hand Tom Wirth is a highly regarded member of this pool community and has been very gracious sharing his time and knowledge on here. As for me I will let others tell you what they think about my contribution to this forum. Just ask.

You made a bad choice when you jumped on board with a brand new poster who started out talking sh-t about a highly respected member of the pool community. Who is he and why he would say stuff like that, no one knows. Suffice to say that those of us who know Billy best, refuted everything he had to say. But for some reason you made a choice to align with his allegations anyway. It's hard to believe that you would be so quick to do this unless you either have a personal grudge against Billy or have some first hand knowledge that you aren't sharing with us.

I'm sure you will have some snide answer for this, but that will only further tarnish your BAD reputation on here.

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
I would vote for Billy for the HOF everyday!

I met Billy in 1990 in Memphis but didn't get a chance to talk to him much. After spending many hours talking to him at various tournaments I would definitely regard him as a friend.

I won this twenty off of him at Derby a couple of years ago and made him sign it,I am still looking for a nice frame to put it in but haven't picked one up yet.

Attachments

• Billy.jpg
    Billy.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 287

JDB

Idiot Savant
Silver Member
So, in Billy's case it's guilty until proven innocent. Lou, in case you didn't know, you have a well deserved reputation on here for engaging in flame wars and talking out your ass about things you know nothing about. On the other hand Tom Wirth is a highly regarded member of this pool community and has been very gracious sharing his time and knowledge on here. As for me I will let others tell you what they think about my contribution to this forum. Just ask.

You made a bad choice when you jumped on board with a brand new poster who started out talking sh-t about a highly respected member of the pool community. Who is he and why he would say stuff like that, no one knows. Suffice to say that those of us who know Billy best, refuted everything he had to say. But for some reason you made a choice to align with his allegations anyway. It's hard to believe that you would be so quick to do this unless you either have a personal grudge against Billy or have some first hand knowledge that you aren't sharing with us.

I'm sure you will have some snide answer for this, but that will only further tarnish your BAD reputation on here.

This place continues to astound me, but makes me laugh, too, lol. I think Lou just speaks his mind. You should respect him for speaking up for the mostly unpopular opinion and keeping with his stance.

Keep it up Lou!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shows you what you know. I traveled across the Country playing in pool rooms, bars and dives, and I played everyone I encountered with few exceptions. When on the road, play the percentages and get the money.
Amazing! You give credibility to someone with no name and give none to the many people who have known Billy for over 50 years. We all know who they are. Your bias is evident.
You love to chum the waters. That's all you are good for.
Tom

Tom, ignore this guy. Jay is right. You don't have to prove anything to anyone. You've seen him in print here and other pool-related forums.

Keep on shining brightly in the pool world. Those of us who are fortunate to know you cherish our friendship for eternity. You are truly one of the good guys, and to have you as a friend is a friend for life, a true friend for life.

Tom-Tom is the real deal when it comes to pool. One-pocket is his game, though he can play all games well. He has traveled the country from coast to coast and has probably played more people in action games than some members of this forum can fathom. His tournaments won also speak for themselves.

I don't know why some people get their rocks off by bashing the pros. It's always the same people that do it.

As far as Billy Incardona goes, of course, he belongs in the BCA's Hall of Fame, but unless you're one of the favorites or darlings of the voting members, it probably ain't gonna happen, sad to say.

I say the Serenity Prayer now when it comes to pool. I give up and accept it for what it is. It's game, not a sport.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You talk a lot of sh-t and you don't know crap! My name is Jay Helfert and if you ever have the balls to gamble with me I'm gonna bust your ass! How does that sound? You beat a case maker out of 10K and now you think your sh-t doesn't stink. How about trying a 73 year old man who only plays pool once a year? I'll even give you bus fare back home after I bust you!

Jay, is that for a Greyhound or a Megabus???? Lolo lol
ha.

ha.

ha.

I knew that would finally come out. Seen it coming for months -- you are soooooooo predictable.

Right now I've got two torn meniscuses. (Check my posts, I've mentioned it for months.) Can't play, much less beat anybody.

I'm guessing you knew that... which makes you beating your chest even funnier.

Lou Figueroa
what does this
have to do with Billy I
and OF?

Lou, initially I kinda was with you on your take about pool players. We all know if you've spent any amount of time immersed in the pool culture that "stuff " does indeed happen all the time. I can't speak to BI so I won't and will defer to those respected members that do actually know him well. But again, your initial statement might not have been that far off BUT what I do have a problem with is a newbie poster who no one knows starts spouting off garbage. Then, we'll that's one thing but not providing even a shred to back it up....... well garbage is what probably best describes it and it should have exactly ZERO credibility given to it and with you being around as long as you have both in pool rooms and online it's hard to understand how you would try to lend ANY credibility to it?????.

As to your comments about Tom Tom - my whole pool life he was always right at the top of the pecking order in one hole right beside The Mighty Geese. Always. ( I don't know if they ever played but I would love to hear about it if they ever did!!!! - hint JAMMY!!!! 😊 ). By the way Jammy, this weekend at the Expo I was hanging out with a girl playing in the pro women's tourney. I was Sonia from 'Bama and she asked me to tell you hi so - Hi 😊. So back to you Lou, so you say you've never heard of Tom Tom. That's fine but I'll tell you what, how but you come play him some and I'll stake him ( not that he needs it ) . I'm fair so I'll let him give you 2 balls because you definitely need them. Get your couple honeys together and call the Corp together for the rest and let's see what happens. I will tell you one thing for sure : Tom ain't no JB! AS To his traveling the country I can not speak to that either but I would be highly surprised if he had not. As to your knee injury - while initially I took up for you, I now call TOTAL BS AT THIS POINT. As I ,entitled when I initially took up for you I too tore my meniscus. In fact I tore it so bad 40% of it had to be removed in surgery while they reattached my severed ACL. YES , it was painful as hell at first. However, after surgery to correct both my removed meniscus and severed ACL I was walking within a month to month and a half. I was restricted from sports and running and the like but I could walk around without crutches at this point. IE; playing pool was fine and was not restricted in any way...... fyi and would have to assume your the same????

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No, what I said was:

How do you prove or disprove a player doing business, particularly when it allegedly happened decades ago?

Players hear rumors, players see patterns, players talk, good and bad. Ours is a pretty small world and one way or the other, word tends to get around. Personally I don't know one way or the other, but at 64 I've been around pool long enough to not discount some things out of hand, particularly stories from back in the day when guys would do business, hustle and lemonade, dump, and all the rest. Titanic Thompson anyone?

All that means is that I have an open mind as what is true or untrue when it comes to pool players who gamble, and that the bar for "proof," when it comes to pool stories, is maybe not so high.

As to my reputation here, I'm fine with it. That's apparent from all the Green Rep and from all the positive comments I get from guys who still, to this day, come up to me at tournaments like the DCC and tell me they love reading what I write.

Lou Figueroa
tarnished, lol