Birds-eye (no not the maple kind) Vision - anyone else do this?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
It is very enjoyable watching good quality videos and streams of pool matches where we can see how our choices in shots, position play, and patterns compare with those who we're watching.

I've noticed the aerial (birdseye) view that most videos/streams offer is perfect for seeing all of the potential pathways and opportunities that exist, as well as the possible perils and traps to avoid.

It is not very easy to do, but when I'm at the table these days, I try to visualize the layout from that aerial perspective, attempting to process the entire table rather than sections.

I believe this birds-eye perspective can be an asset and I wonder, has anyone else considered or attempted this?

Best,
Brian kc
 
The only way to play

If you aren't aware of the WHOLE table you can't make an intelligent choice.
It's just like back-gammon or chess.

Personally I liken it to the general and the soldier...
..the general surveys the battle field..and sends the soldier into action.

And no,KC...you aren't going to get me to make a dumb pun on bird's eye
view and your avatar....I'm a serious dude now..:cool:
 
It is very enjoyable watching good quality videos and streams of pool matches where we can see how our choices in shots, position play, and patterns compare with those who we're watching.

I've noticed the aerial (birdseye) view that most videos/streams offer is perfect for seeing all of the potential pathways and opportunities that exist, as well as the possible perils and traps to avoid.

It is not very easy to do, but when I'm at the table these days, I try to visualize the layout from that aerial perspective, attempting to process the entire table rather than sections.

I believe this birds-eye perspective can be an asset and I wonder, has anyone else considered or attempted this?

Best,
Brian kc


yes brian I made a post about this sometime ago, when i play i got a video in my head of the sequence etc.....it plays just a little faster and ahead of me and i just follow the "view" and my "camera" is the birdseye view from overhead.

I like this way of visualization very much.

good post bro :)
-Grey GHost-
 
It is very enjoyable watching good quality videos and streams of pool matches where we can see how our choices in shots, position play, and patterns compare with those who we're watching.

I've noticed the aerial (birdseye) view that most videos/streams offer is perfect for seeing all of the potential pathways and opportunities that exist, as well as the possible perils and traps to avoid.

It is not very easy to do, but when I'm at the table these days, I try to visualize the layout from that aerial perspective, attempting to process the entire table rather than sections.

I believe this birds-eye perspective can be an asset and I wonder, has anyone else considered or attempted this?

Best,
Brian kc
i agree with you . i have noticed the same thing. also when i play league i have seen layouts while standing back a distance that my teamates couldnt see while standing at the table. now i stand back and try to look st the whole table from at least 2 angles before approaching it and studying it one last time before i start shooting.
 
If you aren't aware of the WHOLE table you can't make an intelligent choice.
It's just like back-gammon or chess.

Personally I liken it to the general and the soldier...
..the general surveys the battle field..and sends the soldier into action.

And no,KC...you aren't going to get me to make a dumb pun on bird's eye
view and your avatar....I'm a serious dude now
..:cool:

Always have tried to be aware of the whole table, pt, just underscoring how that birdseye perspective seems to sort it all out better for me.

And yessir, I was all set for the inevitable 'cockeyed' remark. :D :p :D

Best,
Brian kc
 
Back
Top