Black Cat is heading to Roanoke VA.

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Hey Guy's I'm heading down to Roanoke, VA this Sunday for a week on Business. Where if any place should I go play? Sorry for the short notice but, I really don't want to go a week without playing.

Black Cat :cool:

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
Depends on where you are staying and how mobile you'll be. League pool is pretty popular but this is always an open table somewhere. Pm me and we can get in contact

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Excellent Guy's I actually Googled Pool Halls in Roanoke and Guy's and Dolls came up. So I'm happy that some one recommended it. You can never go wrong with a Diamond Table!! I will have my car with me so I'll definitely be mobile. I'll shoot a message when I hit town. Will be staying out by the Airport.

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys and Dolls if you like 1 pkt....

Lynchburg (about 55 miles east) ... Friendly Cue and Billiards.... ask for Papa the owner... all games can be played... wide range of amounts available...

enjoy your trip

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah guys and dolls will get you 1pocket action, although they can be a little funny about betting strangers.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you play pretty good I'm sure my buddy Danny Fethers can give you some cheap action at guys and dolls. He will play 9 ball, straight pool, and one pocket. Tell him Easy sent you!

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Thanks for the input guy's. Not going looking for action just want to stay in stroke, and get some good competition. Not much fun beating up on Co-Workers trying to be sociable. However if happen to hook a fish it might be fun to fight with him for a little fun.

I'll keep you guy's posted on my progress.

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Well I made it safe and sound. Stopped by Guys and Dolls last night shot around for 45 minutes. Nice room tables were clean, though cloth is worn. Table rates are excellent I can actually afford to play 4 dollars an hour is a Dream come true. Well be heading back tonight after class.

Black Cat. ...

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Well guy's I'm back in Maryland!!!! Whoa, what a trip!!! I met up with fellow AZB'er LuckyStroke on Tuesday Night during one of his League Nights at Second Alarm after we failed to meet up on Monday at Guy's and Doll's. In between matches we got the chance to hit a few on the back tables, he's got a very good game, really surprised me a couple of times. Still trying to decide if he was just being nice or not ;) All in all I had a great trip had a wonderful time and would recommended Roanoke as a Pool Town for anyone looking for a game. There are still several places I just didn't make it too :(

Lucky don't forget if you head this way look me up.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
Ooops

Hey there Black Cat. Looks like I missed your response last week. Sorry for not responding sooner. It was great to have you in the Star City. I ended up back at Second Alarm the following Thursday for nine ball and our Spanish friends were back cologne and all, lol. I travel to Maryland at least once a year so I'll be sure to look you up when I'm up that way next.

The day Black Cat and I hit a few balls was the same day that JB and Lou had their one pocket match. There was so much billiard related negativity leading up to, and following that day. It was very nice to sit back, eat some bar food and drink a brew with a like minded person.

Thanks again Kevin. We'll do it again soon!

Ben