Blacklisted?

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm, interesting that I should stumble on this post today. Duke gets banned from GC Billiards in Erie, for reasons "unknown". Duke also has been publicly ostracized and told he will never get another cue made by a prominent cuemaker in Erie, PA (which he denies). Duke also publicly berated someone for not paying on an eBay auction, which while sad, does happen from time to time, and that is showing your inability to be a normal human being back in 2005. I'm pretty sure we've found out what the problem is at this point, and that is you are an insufferable person. Anyone who has had the misfortune of dealing with you I'm sure deeply regrets it, and I for one am sorry for their plight.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Black-Listed in 2022 could be vied as racist.

Black thing are bad but not really.

Black Sheep👎

Black Balled👎 (Banishment)

Black Listed👎

Black Op👎

Black Site👎

List is long.👀

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it all sort of funny if you look back at History. US History is important as it is why we are where we are today.

Some of people personal experiences never get press, but the stories are still part of history.
Most of the words you posted have origins that pre- date the United States and have nothing to do with racism.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow! You guys know even less about this than I do, and while your comments are usually mildly entertaining, accusing me of stealing someone's cue and selling it is so far off base. Good thing you didn't accuse me of that to my face. You know nothing of me asshole

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
It is entirely possible you were falsely accused of something and it got passed around as the truth. Rumors have a way of taking on a life of their own. Good luck. Just chalk it up to experience in how gullible people can be. I've seen examples of this first hand. Just take a look at our last prez.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Still confused on how that has anything to do with racism.
I'm not the brightest bulb on the chandelier though.

Think on it, in time you will get, if not pm me.👍

The whole thing was a joke routing by Black comic make fun of Black - White thing Black Knight try was evil, White Night was Heroic Sole.

Routine was funny, but it was back in day before people with, PC, Woke, Snowflakes who seem to be offended by everything.

Last edited:

telinoz

Registered
Fun thread to read through..

Never resolved though as to why someone gets a permaban from so many venues and suppliers.

I see someone dangled a carrot for a pool detective to call that first poolhall, any takers?
I am in Australia, so not a chance for me and no value add for a minor mystery.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Hmmm, interesting that I should stumble on this post today. Duke gets banned from GC Billiards in Erie, for reasons "unknown". Duke also has been publicly ostracized and told he will never get another cue made by a prominent cuemaker in Erie, PA (which he denies). Duke also publicly berated someone for not paying on an eBay auction, which while sad, does happen from time to time, and that is showing your inability to be a normal human being back in 2005. I'm pretty sure we've found out what the problem is at this point, and that is you are an insufferable person. Anyone who has had the misfortune of dealing with you I'm sure deeply regrets it, and I for one am sorry for their plight.
Kind of harsh, but I'm leaning towards believing it. Look, anyone can get into trouble and be disliked once. But to have multiple people over the span of decades shun any interaction with you, is a bit more rare. What do you even have to do to get banned from a poolhall, these days? We had a guy smash up the inventory in our local pool hall in a fit of rage, running around, screaming at people. He paid for damages and was let back in, and has behaved since. Some people are just general assholes, they are allowed in. We have complainers and sharks too. They too are allowed in the door, people may not play with them, but going as far as to ban them is almost unheard of. Even rarer is the person not knowing why he/she is banned. This game is an addiction, and everyone knows it. Banning someone from the pool hall is a nuclear option that is rarely ever used, because it's a crippling blow to a pool-addict. Some people have been told they are not welcome at certain pool halls I know of, in the past, they were without exception thieves or drug dealers. Maybe the culture in my country is different, but there are few things you can do, playing pool that will piss people off to this extent, just through behaving in a way you yourself thought was normal? The OP must have REALLY pissed someone off, likely the owner or friends of theirs, and I think he knows why. If that is the case, I suggest he swallows his pride and apologizes. It's not so bad, if he has a girlfriend, he probably has some training allready. I myself have no idea as to why he is banned, as I don't even live in your country, so I don't want to speculate further. Perhaps enlighten us of any bad interactions you've had?

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One of m
It is entirely possible you were falsely accused of something and it got passed around as the truth. Rumors have a way of taking on a life of their own. Good luck. Just chalk it up to experience in how gullible people can be. I've seen examples of this first hand. Just take a look at our last prez.
One of my top ten people when you write about the billiard world.
You seem to sink quite a few IQ digits when you talk politics.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
So, 2021 was a weird year. I barely played pool at all and when I did go, I played by myself. I barely even spoke to anyone, let alone played anyone. I was out shopping one Saturday and the owner of Gold Crown Billiards in Erie,PA calls me out of the blue. He says I was not welcome in the pool room OR the bars connected that he owns. I asked what his reason was. He vaguely says he had a very good reason for it, but he didn't wanna discuss it. Really? If you bar someone from your business, you should at least give them a good reason. About 15 minutes pass and he messages me on Facebook messenger with the same story. I'm not allowed there, blah blah blah. Ok fine, it may be the only pool hall in town but I can play elsewhere if I wanna. So, I go to Ohio to play but it is so far away to play often. No problems in Ohio, and it was nice seeing some of the better players who traveled to Erie to play. We had some good conversation. So...I tried placing some cue orders since I was kinda playing. I placed an order with my choice builder, and a week goes by and he contacts me and cancels my order. I contacted him a week ago and nope, I can't order. I contacted someone yesterday that I know has worked with him and is building his own cues and same story. Can't help me, can't take an order from me. It's NOT that I need any cues as I have plenty. I am really just wondering why I can't seem to do anything pool related. I barely play, I just stay home and raise my kids. I haven't even Talked pool. Feeling kinda shunned. I'm sure this post is gonna cause me more issues but it's not gonna matter

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Sorry, but I'm not talking to you...I have my reasons.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk