BLUDWORTH vs DIAMOND vs BALLSTAR BALL CLEANERS

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of the machines you mentioned will do a fine job.
The Ballstar cleaners I've seen only take one half set of balls at a time. IMHO, that is a major point against that machine.
I've seen the Diamond machine at some major tournaments. It appears to be built like a tank and I'm sure it does a great job.
I own a Bludworth cleaner and it does a great job for me. They are also used at some poolrooms I frequent and it works well for them too. What more can I say? :thumbup:

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Anyone know how the prices compare on these units?

Diamond ball polishers are higher than giraffe pu$$y.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone know how the prices compare on these units?

Diamond ball polishers are higher than giraffe pu$$y.

you should be buying teach me pool 202 dvd and not looking at giraffe pu$$y:grin:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
All of the machines you mentioned will do a fine job.
The Ballstar cleaners I've seen only take one half set of balls at a time. IMHO, that is a major point against that machine.
I've seen the Diamond machine at some major tournaments. It appears to be built like a tank and I'm sure it does a great job.
I own a Bludworth cleaner and it does a great job for me. They are also used at some poolrooms I frequent and it works well for them too. What more can I say? :thumbup:

how often do you need to replace pads and cleaner
what is the volume of your play??
im in a home table environment playing 5-6 hours a week (overestimating)
since on the weekend i go to the pool room
how long will a pad acleaner last me??

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Check out the home built ones for about 60.00. they do a good job for home.
Search here or you tube.
Mark

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I built a ball cleaner and used it for about 6 months. Then I was lucky enough to find a used Ball Star on Craigslist in LA at a super price. I took it apart and cleaned it until it looked like new. That thing does a fantastic job of cleaning. It rotates in one direction for 1 minute and then reverses itself and runs another minute in the opposite direction. The balls come out like new. I use Aramith Ball Cleaner in the unit. But only spray the balls with water for routine cleaning (about once per week). The pad will probably last almost forever in a home environment. I hope I answered some of your questions. Good luck in your quest for a ball cleaner.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
I own a diamond ball polisher and it does a good job. If you want something to look good in your den/mancave then diamond is the way to go. If u just want ur balls cleaned and then ur gonna put it in a closet, build ur own. the balls cant tell the difference. Plus i dont know what im gonna do when the pads finally get worn out and dirty on this thing. Theyre not replacable like the ballstars are.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whats your experience ???
which would you buy??

I bought a Diamond single platter ball polisher on sale at the DCC this year -- it was $400.

It does a superb job. It is solidly built (heavy and large, actually), is nice looking, has a timer that goes up to 30 minutes (but in 5-10, with a little Aramith Ball Polish, the balls come out looking like new), and, considering 8 pool balls are rolling around all at once, is relatively quiet.

I'm a happy camper and highly recommend it. And I don't even have my own table, but like to use my own set of balls at the pool hall.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I actually bought the 101 & 202 DVD's a few minutes before I saw you post that. It was cheap and the 15 min. preview sold me on it. Looks like tons of kick info on it.

Now if I could only cheaply clean my balls........ :)

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I own a diamond ball polisher and it does a good job. If you want something to look good in your den/mancave then diamond is the way to go. If u just want ur balls cleaned and then ur gonna put it in a closet, build ur own. the balls cant tell the difference. Plus i dont know what im gonna do when the pads finally get worn out and dirty on this thing. Theyre not replacable like the ballstars are.

You can't replace the pads on the Diamond unit? That seems weird. Unless the unit has a lifetime warranty or something.

Anyone have experience with this?

I have a single table at home with a new set of Aramith Tournament balls. Plus I have a super dingy set of balls that came with the table. My brother has a crappy set at his house. So, I'd like to be able to touch them all up.

My plan would also include to take it with me to all the places I frequent (maybe 4 locations and 15 sets of balls) and run their balls thru to get them nice. No one seems to have anything around here like this. It's very rural here.

I figure if I did all of the above once and did it correctly, it would probably be several weeks before most of them would ever have to be ran thru again.

javi2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Ball Star and recomend it. I use the Ball Star cleaner and it only uses a small amount to clean all 15 balls. No problem running 8 balls at a time as it only takes a few minutes to do so. Mine is the older "crockpot" style.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Actually, the carpeting is real easy to change;)

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
The carpet pads in the Diamond are replaceable. This from the Diamond website:

Diamond Pro Ball Polisher, Plug it in, set the timer and walk away. SPIRALS THE BALLS AS THEY ROTATE. Extremely quiet operation. Balls will not fly out. Carpet is secured with Velcro for easy replacement.

The double platter that does 16 balls at once is $700. The single platter machine is about $450.

Last edited:

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how often do you need to replace pads and cleaner
what is the volume of your play??
im in a home table environment playing 5-6 hours a week (overestimating)
since on the weekend i go to the pool room
how long will a pad acleaner last me??

I have had the Bludworth cleaner for at least 3 or 4 years and I haven't had to replace the pads yet and they still look to be in great shape.
Similar to you, I play on my home table 5-6 hours per week and I clean balls at least once or twice a week.
The cleaning fluid that comes with the unit is a concentrate. It gets mixed with water and I put it in a spray bottle. You only have to use a small amount with each cleaning and if the balls aren't too dirty, you don't really have to use it. I'm still working on the small bottle of concentrate that I got with the unit when I bought it.

BTW, the poolroom I frequent most has a Bludworth cleaner that is many years older than mine and it is going strong after cleaning balls for a 20 table room daily.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had the Bludworth cleaner for at least 3 or 4 years and I haven't had to replace the pads yet and they still look to be in great shape.
Similar to you, I play on my home table 5-6 hours per week and I clean balls at least once or twice a week.
The cleaning fluid that comes with the unit is a concentrate. It gets mixed with water and I put it in a spray bottle. You only have to use a small amount with each cleaning and if the balls aren't too dirty, you don't really have to use it. I'm still working on the small bottle of concentrate that I got with the unit when I bought it.

BTW, the poolroom I frequent most has a Bludworth cleaner that is many years older than mine and it is going strong after cleaning balls for a 20 table room daily.

thanks to all have responded thus far
:thumbup:
keep the comments coming
havent made a final decision yet
leaning toward bludworth