BLUDWORTH vs DIAMOND vs BALLSTAR BALL CLEANERS

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased my Ballstar used 20 years ago and it still runs perfect.
You can remove & clean the pads or else replace them as needed.

The 16 ball Diamond is big and my Ballstar is the size of a crockpot.
Two runs and I’m done……8 balls at a time…..it seems ideal to me.

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Lol

I like the person on here that built the best ball cleaner known to man…but didn’t even know that the Ballstar rotated one way then the other.

How can you NOT do research when you’re building something?

Nyquil

how often do you need to replace pads and cleaner
what is the volume of your play??
im in a home table environment playing 5-6 hours a week (overestimating)
since on the weekend i go to the pool room
how long will a pad acleaner last me??
Carpet you honestly may never need to replace it. These things are built for commercial duty and your use case like mine is light work for the machine. I do wipe my balls down before throwing them in especially the cue ball to keep chalk out of the carpet. As far as cleaner just go by the expiration date of product. You are gonna run out of time before cleaner imo. The most common issue that I have read with these is soaking the carpet with too much cleaner/polish.

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the ball star. To be fair wanted the diamond just couldn't justify the extra shipping for it at the time.

The ball star has worked well for me and both our local rooms have the ball star and clean the balls with them.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol

I like the person on here that built the best ball cleaner known to man…but didn’t even know that the Ballstar rotated one way then the other.

How can you NOT do research when you’re building something?
Direction change alone doesn't change anything though, I think. It isn't a carpet that is getting rubbed, it is smooth surface...like bearings in a race.

Unless the spin changes axis, one direction = the other, no?

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Direction change alone doesn't change anything though, I think. It isn't a carpet that is getting rubbed, it is smooth surface...like bearings in a race.

Unless the spin changes axis, one direction = the other, no?

Do you have one?

Have you watched one work?

If you were building something, would you look at everything out there to make the best of all ideas?

For the Ballstar-one direction exposes the wet cleaning pad…then when it stops and rotates the other way a flap covers the wet pad and balls get shined.

I’ve had 4 different ball cleaners and have seen the Diamond in action along with a few others including homemade “bucket washers”.

Both Ballstars I had cleaned as good as any. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We did a test at DCC. Someone brought a bucket washer they made and 2 sets of balls were cleaned. One by the bucket and one by the Diamond they had there.

No one could tell the difference 😳

Anyway, this was about Glen not even knowing the Ballstar rotated in both directions. 🤦🏻‍♂️
🤣🤣

Can electric motors actually do that? 😂😂

Hope this explains it a little for you bro ✊🏻
Happy New Year

Nyquil

whats your experience ???
which would you buy??
Diamond single platter is what I have. I haven't tried others but as soon as I opened the box and lugged it out the packaging I knew it was heavy duty. It's quite and does the job very well. Runs like a sewing machine. It also ties in with my table light and chairs so plus there I guess. I wish I had the double platter though. It's a minor nuisance to run half a set thru then do the other half. So I recommend the double if you have the room and budget for it. Glen advised me to stay away from the aramith cleaner doesn't mesh well with the carpet. I like the megs cleaner wax he recommended it does a great job. I will be trying a dedicated ball cleaner to see what all the fuss is about with making the balls play differently at some point. Anyway the machine is a buy once cry once deal I say send it on the diamond. You will not be disappointed. It cleans the balls very well. I get some weird marks/scuffs on balls from somewhere on the table often and it takes them off no problem. These would drive me absolutely nuts if I didn't have my polisher. I can't get them off by hand.

Cheers
Brent

dendweller

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Look at the nose of the cushions and the pocket facings where the balls hit. Do you see that brown shade build up? That the transferiing of the wax compiling compound from the balls to the cloth, and that equals friction build up.
I believe that is what had the cue ball hopping off my rails if I hadn't freshly cleaned the cue ball. Put new cloth on the rails, I can use the cue ball for days without cleaning and it never happens.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Do you have one?

If you were building something, would you look at everything out there to make the best of all ideas?

For the Ballstar-one direction exposes the wet cleaning pad…then when it stops and rotates the other way a flap covers the wet pad and balls get shined.

I’ve had 4 different ball cleaners and have seen the Diamond in action along with a few others including homemade “bucket washers”.

We did a test at DCC. Someone brought a bucket washer they made and 2 sets of balls were cleaned. One by the bucket and one by the Diamond they had there.

Anyway, this was about Glen not even knowing the Ballstar rotated in both directions. 🤦🏻‍♂️
🤣🤣

Happy New Year
You really think I didn't know the ball star didn't reverse directions? Really??

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Do you have one?

🤣🤣

Happy New Year
Plenty of used Ball Star machines used for sale, try finding a used Diamond for sale! The used Ballstar for sale is because it got REPLACED by a Diamond ball polisher😅🤣😂

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Plenty of used Ball Star machines used for sale, try finding a used Diamond for sale! The used Ballstar for sale is because it got REPLACED by a Diamond ball polisher😅🤣😂

Both the Ballstars I bought were $250

I will bet that there have been more Ballstar machines made and sold than Diamond machines. 😱

Find me “plenty” of Ballstar machines for sale. 👍🏻

I never said Diamonds were junk or anything, just that there are plenty of other options just as good.

Any vehicle will get you from point A to point B…it’s personal preference how you want to get there.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both the Ballstars I bought were $250

I will bet that there have been more Ballstar machines made and sold than Diamond machines. 😱

Find me “plenty” of Ballstar machines for sale. 👍🏻

I never said Diamonds were junk or anything, just that there are plenty of other options just as good.

Any vehicle will get you from point A to point B…it’s personal preference how you want to get there.
How long is the wait to get a Ballstar? Diamond can't build them fast enough to meet demand. I'd say the only advantage a Ballstar has over a Diamond is the size; the Ballstar takes up less space. A buddy of mine is on his second Ballstar. Apparently, if you use too much cleaning solution it can short out the unit. If you use too much solution on a Diamond unit, all you need to do is replace the carpet and maybe the sprocket.

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
How long is the wait to get a Ballstar? Diamond can't build them fast enough to meet demand. I'd say the only advantage a Ballstar has over a Diamond is the size; the Ballstar takes up less space. A buddy of mine is on his second Ballstar. Apparently, if you use too much cleaning solution it can short out the unit. If you use too much solution on a Diamond unit, all you need to do is replace the carpet and maybe the sprocket.

Have no idea on wait times.

Glen knows where there’s plenty of Ballstars for sale so I guess there’s no wait time.

We were told that Diamond machines are built on order so I guess you have to wait unless they have one ready. That’s different than meeting demand.

Look at it like the Ballstar machine is a production cue and the Diamond machine is a custom cue.

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member

Hey, you’re going to have a sweet looking machine of your own.

Can’t wait to see the final results.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes I do.

You don’t know how a Ballstar worked and probably have still never seen one. 🤷🏻‍♂️
You ARE aware of the fact that Ballstar's were being produced before I invented my own ball polisher, in 1995 right? And you really believe I don't know how Ballstars work, sad😅