Blue Elf Tips!!

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
Just picked up a few of these tips from Atlas. They are wonderful! They play like Triangles, but layered and a little more consistent from tip to tip. Played on it last night and let a bunch of people try it out. Everyone loved it. Gotta order more, they want them on their cues and now. Granted its mushroom-ing is more than I'm used to, but that's not a problem when it comes to an AWESOME tip!

dave sutton

Banned
Thats how i describe the new tiger emereld. They feel like a consistant triangle. Layered without the bounce that generally comes with a layered tip.

just press them in a vice before you install them. helps ALOT with the mushroom

Last edited:

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
The same company makes the Blue Elf, Gamma, Maestri, and Saga. I have samples from a few years ago but cannot find the company info. Its Universal Billiards but the website they gave isn't valid. Does anyone have any current info on them? Please PM me.

jazzn4444

the Unknown
Silver Member
The same company makes the Blue Elf, Gamma, Maestri, and Saga. I have samples from a few years ago but cannot find the company info. Its Universal Billiards but the website they gave isn't valid. Does anyone have any current info on them? Please PM me.

I tried a sample pack with those maestris a couple years back from Atlas. Blue Elf were the only ones that people liked. I didn't get to try them myself till recently. I looked for that company online and got nowhere in my endeavor. But when I called Atlas, they told me they were planning on getting them in. They are the only ones I know who supplies them. I would imagine that you want to go direct since you're with Muellers, but at least Atlas has them. Maybe they can help you.
Dave, I shall try putting them in a vise first. I never had to do that with a layered tip. And I will try the emerald tips too.

McChen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i tried these tips and didn't like them that much. too me they were not a 'medium' tip, but a 'soft' tip. I'd describe it as a layered version of elkmaster. a softy mushy hit and it mushrooms a lot. it did hold chalk pretty well though. if you like elkmaster, then you'd probably like these tips. i prefer something harder myself, like a lepro/triangle, so it wasn't my cup of tea.

i tried pressing them to make them harder and these things have a lot of give in them. the pressed tip did feel better and it didn't mushroom, but the tip ends up being a little too thin. these tips are pre-domed and not terribly tall to begin with. if they made them tall, undomed, a pressed blue elf might be pretty nice.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Mike Massey was in town last week and he uses the Emerald tip on his cue.
If they are good enough for his stroke that says a lot.
Also they cost about 1/3 the price of a Sniper tip.