Bob Jewett hoedown...

Should I play Jewett again?

  • Keep the 100% record against Jewett -- don't play him again

    Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Jewett's self-esteem needs to be restored -- play him again

    Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Norwegians/Beer v.s. Swedes/Tea -- how can you go wrong?!

    Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

    Votes: 11 25.6%

  • Total voters
    43
Fatboy said:
I still cant figure out witch end to put the chalk on my Bushka. :confused:
Speaking as a Swede myself, i use the chalk to keep my score. (haven't quite worn out this piece from 35yrs ago yet.)

From a billiard perspective we do have Torbjorn Blomdahl.

M.C.
 
Bob Jewett said:
Come over to Shoreline and you have the orange crush on table 4 and you can bet what you like.

As for Norwegians, I suppose some of them might be nice people but I have not yet seen proof. Typically, they wouldn't bet a wet match. Other than dynamite and rotten fish, what have they ever given the world?

-- Bob


My, my, aren't we a little testy. :p

Peer can do that to you?
JoeyA
 
Bob Jewett wrote:
> As for Norwegians, I suppose some of them might be
> nice people but I have not yet seen proof.

Bob, Bob, Bob -- remember the saying; 'anger is really disappointed hope'. I'm sure you'll soon get over also this defeat.

> Other than dynamite and rotten fish, what have they
> ever given the world?

Again, Bobby, I'm so sorry to see that you're confused with even your own inventions (dynamite = Alfred Nobel, rotten fish = Surstr?mming). Both as Swedish as they come, (do a wiki on surstr?mming).

As for the Norwegians exploits; I'm so proud of my heritage of plunder, looting & rape (the Vikings) and our endless inventions & patents that we have showered the world with, for instance; the paperclip, the cheese-slicer, the sleeping-bag, the jelly-men, the fish-hook, and skiing... to name a few.

Next time I see you at Shoreline (probably later today?) I'll have a gift for you, (something that'll hopefully enlighten your feeble Swedish mind ;^)

-- peer
 
Bob Jewett is at least a known guy who uses his real name here. Who are you Actioncentral?

Keep on woofing Bob. None of these guys from Norway are hot Norwegian women, so feel free to bag on them for starting this thread :D

<I'm jest another ACU-I guy sticking up for us college boys>
 
Lighten up on BOB, I sure dont try to lay waste to every opponet I play, he may not have deemed you worthy enough to bring his A game. Very seldom do I feel the need to play all out. I save that for the big money games.

It may also be that Bob had not the chance to warm up, many top players need an hour or more before they are up to speed. When I walk into a place I wait at least 45 minues before I'll play, so that my eyes are fully adjusted to the lighting. If Bob walked in, and played right away chances are he had no intention but a friendly game.

SPINDOKTOR
 
SPINDOKTOR wrote:
> Lighten up on BOB

So what fun is that?!

-- peer
 
Drink Up

Fatboy said:
i'm Danish does that count for anything. ;)

Yeah, last time I checked the Dane's consume more alcohol per capita than any country in the world.

Two of my best drinking buddies are Danish. When I was at one of their weddings, the Danes were snorting vodka up their noses out of a spoon. I can drink a fifth of vodka, no problem. But snorting it, no way! The Vikings are hardcore.

Skoll Meen Ven! (Danish for "Cheers My Friend!")
 
Peer said:
Bob Jewett wrote:
> As for Norwegians, I suppose some of them might be
> nice people but I have not yet seen proof.

Bob, Bob, Bob -- remember the saying; 'anger is really disappointed hope'. I'm sure you'll soon get over also this defeat.

> Other than dynamite and rotten fish, what have they
> ever given the world?

Again, Bobby, I'm so sorry to see that you're confused with even your own inventions (dynamite = Alfred Nobel, rotten fish = Surstr?mming). Both as Swedish as they come, (do a wiki on surstr?mming).

As for the Norwegians exploits; I'm so proud of my heritage of plunder, looting & rape (the Vikings) and our endless inventions & patents that we have showered the world with, for instance; the paperclip, the cheese-slicer, the sleeping-bag, the jelly-men, the fish-hook, and skiing... to name a few.

Next time I see you at Shoreline (probably later today?) I'll have a gift for you, (something that'll hopefully enlighten your feeble Swedish mind ;^)

-- peer

man, i am so out of it since i live in hawaii. can someone tape this match and put it on youtube or something so i can relate?

oh btw, how do you patent the fish hook? isn't that something like patenting the wheel?

mmm mmm lutefisk. haven't had the balls to try it, but heard it was gross.
 
DaveK wrote:
> I think you guys have been drinking too much akevitt.

Hum, too much akevitt... is there such a thing?

-- peer
 
Back
Top