Bob Letherby passes away

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On Thursday night at 11:05pm Bob Letherby passed away from complications of a heart attack.

He will be missed by me and the whole billiard community.

A special memorial will take place in Muskegon, Mi in early July.

My codolences to his wife and family.

Here is a picture of Bob Letherby (on our left in the blue jacket) sitting next to Bob Ameen ( also deceased) respectfully critiquing the players shot selections during the Olhausen USBA Open Tournament at the Carom Club in Wyoming, Mi

Attachments

• letherby.jpg
    letherby.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 834
Last edited:

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Leatherby

So sorry to hear Bob passed away. He was a true gentleman and a good person.One quick story about Bob,I met Bob at Carom Cafe in 2006, he was hitting some billiards by himself and I said do you mind if I play with you, he said sure but loser pays for time. He breaks and runs 8 billiards. I get ready to shoot and he starts to tell me a story by the way the story lasted 2 hours,I never hit a shot and paid 20 dollars .It was the best 20 dollars I ever paid. R.I.P. Bob

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Bob in person. I talked to him several times for advice and to purchase all my Billiard supplies. Funny thing about Bob, when ordering from him you always had to remind him to send the invoice. From day one he would take my order and just ship it without payment. The first couple if times the shipment came with no ticket and I'd have to call him back for the amount. One order was for cloth new rubber and balls. Much $$$

I imagine he and Sims, Gilbert, Ameen and a few others of the icons are hanging a beautiful table up there.

fiveandout

Registered
That's sad indeed ! 9 ball player math teacher 3 cushion Player...very nice man to say the least. HE.... will be missed . Willing to share everything he knew with us novices. He came to our South Bend In. tournements in the 70"s with Hawkins. Ernie P and the whole crew. Thanks for all he has left us.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I spoke to Bob's widow Dee and she has informed me a special memorial get-together is scheduled on July 22nd starting at 2:00 pm:

Mona Lake Boating Club
372 Randall Rd.
Muskegon, Mi 49441

If you have any questions please pm me.

Bob has a Verhoeven President that is in pristine condition. If I can help her sell it, I will. I will not profit one cent and all money goes to Dee. Depending on the offers, if some of the money can be used to add to a prize fund for a memorial Bob Letherby USBA tournament at the Carom Club..then thats great.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today is the day.

06-22-2012 09:58 AM
zensteve
Hi,

I spoke to Bob's widow Dee and she has informed me a special memorial get-together is scheduled on July 22nd starting at 2:00 pm:

Mona Lake Boating Club
372 Randall Rd.
Muskegon, Mi 49441

If you have any questions please pm me.

Bob has a Verhoeven President that is in pristine condition. If I can help her sell it, I will. I will not profit one cent and all money goes to Dee. Depending on the offers, if some of the money can be used to add to a prize fund for a memorial Bob Letherby USBA tournament at the Carom Club..then thats great.

Let me know if you are interested in purchasing Bob Letherby's Verhoeven President. I will attempt to get pictures of the table for you all to see. It is currently dis-assembled.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Letherby's Memorial Get-Together

I went to Bob Letherby's memorial get-together today. Had great conversations with those that knew Bob and we all shared some stories.

My final words on Bob Letherby:

There are those that can tell a story
There are those that can embellish a story
Then there was Bob Letherby

I corralled as many Muskegon area pool/carom players together for a quick picture. I can't imagine the combined hours of genuflecting over a pool/carom table amongst this motley group!

Attachments

• HPIM0659.jpg
    HPIM0659.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:

sycodon

Hard to believe that its been ten years , since i last played pool with you , not only a good friend you where also a good teacher and mentor, loved playing 3 cushion with you , you where a master at it , one day will meet again my friend

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hard to believe that its been ten years , since i last played pool with you , not only a good friend you where also a good teacher and mentor, loved playing 3 cushion with you , you where a master at it , one day will meet again my friend

Bob was very kind to me as a young player. Rest In Peace.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Leatherby

So sorry to hear Bob passed away. He was a true gentleman and a good person.One quick story about Bob,I met Bob at Carom Cafe in 2006, he was hitting some billiards by himself and I said do you mind if I play with you, he said sure but loser pays for time. He breaks and runs 8 billiards. I get ready to shoot and he starts to tell me a story by the way the story lasted 2 hours,I never hit a shot and paid 20 dollars .It was the best 20 dollars I ever paid. R.I.P. Bob
Haha what a great story! Sounds like a real cool guy.