Bob Manzino "Gatsby"

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Paul,

Congratulations on a genuine stunner of a cue! One of the very best cues I have seen, not just by Bob but by Anybody!

Great design
Super execution
Unbelievable overall effect

In the words of the master of the understatement, "I suppose this is a keeper".......

Bob Manzino: Outstanding! Difficult, yet elegant!

Thanks for sharing the development pictures of such a stunning cue.

Will Prout

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
Wow, that's sexy. This is one of those designs you have to hit down the middle. Easily over done and busy or underdone without the depth. The flow and contrast is the perfect blend.

I'm jealous...congrats on a badass cue

rvan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you!

Thank you for sharing!! If it was not pic like these many people would not have a chance to see this kind of cue making.

Thanks Rick,

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
It's an amazing experience to work through a project with somebody as talented as Bob Manzino. This is a truly special cue. I'm happy for you. :)

Enjoy,
JimmyK

Last edited:

Murray Tucker

Just a Padawan
Silver Member
This cue just made it to number one of my top 5 favorites.

Attachments

• readImage.jpg
    readImage.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 398

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting the pictures of the cue. But what I really enjoyed is the design process and the pictures of the masterpiece in progress. Bob is a very talented cuemaker and you have a very good design sense.

I have an early Manzino cue. I really enjoy shooting with it, so does this one play as well as his other Cues?

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, this cue is very similar in hit and feel to other Manzino cues I own. Thanks for the kind words.

Paul

Last edited:

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all for the kind words. It means a lot to both Bob and me. I’ve work with Bob in the past as have others who have commented here. This particular cue was pretty special for both of us. Glad you enjoyed the story and pics.

Paul

Last edited:

BankT8Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats goes out to Paul and Bob
for one of the best superior's design
and top notch build.
Beautiful cue.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

ironchef.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stunning looking cue. Being a New Yorker, once I saw the design, I knew it was the elevator doors of the Chrysler Building.

Check out the doors for 20 Exchange Place (named after Wall Street which is close by). Might be ripe for another design idea. ;)

221.jpg

Last edited:

stanthebanker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a gorgeous cue from a true master. Was in the Chrysler Building just last summer and certainly remember those doors. Now to see them come to life on a cue is mind blowing. I am lucky enough to have 2 of his cues. Congrats on your masterpiece.

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, that's what we were hoping for.

Those doors in your pic I've never seen. What's really funny is that just weeks before delivery of the cue I was watching a rerun of King of Queens. Carrie, I think that was her name, is shown coming out of the elevator at her place of work. Of course, the building is the big Chrysler. You get a great shot of the prop doors and the iconic design.

More interesting is that in that particular skit she gets fired and decides to do the things she's always wanted to do but never had the time. She decides to read the novel The Great Gatsby. Talk about a funny moment.

Paul

Last edited:

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
It is great to see ambitious design concepts paired with masters who are up to the task. Thanks Paul for sharing this one.

I especially appreciate the background and images to place the design elements into an understandable perspective. The cue becomes far more than a harmony of inlays and materials. We can also see some sides of the precision in Bob's craft knowing what the initial model looked like.

Too often I find myself seeing the visual effect of a cue as a whole, forgetting that every inlay is a separate and deliberate step toward that outcome.

Cheers...Good thread