Bonus Ball Analyses. (You are most welcome!)

sunnyone

cum grano salis
Silver Member
Ahem:

Uno: Internet Fascination. In my (admittedly limited) experience here, I don’t recall seeing the sheer number of AZ threads on any other single subject. Nor do I remember seeing so many individual posts responding to that same subject.

My understanding is that there is considerable FB interest as well.

I don’t know how many hits the BB website receives, nor how many unique visitors tried to tune into the live stream this past weekend. But those viewers, too, add to the Internet mix. To the total number of spectators.

Due: Professional Commitment. To have this many well known players involved indicates a hunger for something -- anything! -- that will deliver some pool-related cash on a regular basis. Whether BB has legs remains to be seen, but the ability to convince that much talent to participate in a nascent project speaks tomes.

Tre: Streaming Challenges. I’ve mellowed enough to have conflicting reactions to this particular debacle.

The few minutes of BB coverage I was able to watch showed both inexplicable incompetence as well as the upside potential.

Upside? Being able to watch freakishly good players in a dedicated arena.

I imagine the streaming issues will be resolved as they have been in other venues.

Quattro: Glaring Negligence. Nothing I’ve read, nor heard, can justify BB bigfooting over pre-established American pool tournaments. Especially those hosted by such stellar American industry luminaries.

Players should not have to choose one American event over another. Particularly since there are so pitifully few paying opportunities for them here.

The bleak calendar reality of American pool tournaments? It is, mostly, a blank canvas. There is no need to compete for one particular date. Nor two. There is every need not to.

Sorry, no excuses.

Recalibrate.

Cinque: Uncertain Conclusion. Is BB the answer? The anti-answer? The pathway to a different answer? I dunno!

But I do know that I find myself on the side of the hopers rather than the haters.

(And, yes, I appreciate that many contributors of well-meaning suggestions and criticisms are not haters. And are, in fact, spot on with many of their comments.)

Parsing life is my life,

Sunny

P. S. Putting aside the fact that hordes of forumites hang on my every word -- and breathlessly await every single one of my postings -- I am, actually, semi-qualified to comment on BB. I represent part of what should be part of their target audience:

> Not a pool lifer.
> Open to something new.
> Comfortable with small-screen viewing.
> Gabby, as in spread-the-word, gabby.

You are most welcome!

P. P. S. Isn’t this new AZ iteration spectacular? Yea AZ!
 
I just want to know why this Nathan brags about all the best in tech and It's late Monday and I can't find a dam score from Sunday! I don't even care anymore. Im REALLY DONE WASTING MY TIME WITH THIS GONG SHOW!
 
Ahem:

Uno: Internet Fascination. In my (admittedly limited) experience here, I don’t recall seeing the sheer number of AZ threads on any other single subject. Nor do I remember seeing so many individual posts responding to that same subject.

My understanding is that there is considerable FB interest as well.

I don’t know how many hits the BB website receives, nor how many unique visitors tried to tune into the live stream this past weekend. But those viewers, too, add to the Internet mix. To the total number of spectators.

Due: Professional Commitment. To have this many well known players involved indicates a hunger for something -- anything! -- that will deliver some pool-related cash on a regular basis. Whether BB has legs remains to be seen, but the ability to convince that much talent to participate in a nascent project speaks tomes.

Tre: Streaming Challenges. I’ve mellowed enough to have conflicting reactions to this particular debacle.

The few minutes of BB coverage I was able to watch showed both inexplicable incompetence as well as the upside potential.

Upside? Being able to watch freakishly good players in a dedicated arena.

I imagine the streaming issues will be resolved as they have been in other venues.

Quattro: Glaring Negligence. Nothing I’ve read, nor heard, can justify BB bigfooting over pre-established American pool tournaments. Especially those hosted by such stellar American industry luminaries.

Players should not have to choose one American event over another. Particularly since there are so pitifully few paying opportunities for them here.

The bleak calendar reality of American pool tournaments? It is, mostly, a blank canvas. There is no need to compete for one particular date. Nor two. There is every need not to.

Sorry, no excuses.

Recalibrate.

Cinque: Uncertain Conclusion. Is BB the answer? The anti-answer? The pathway to a different answer? I dunno!

But I do know that I find myself on the side of the hopers rather than the haters.

(And, yes, I appreciate that many contributors of well-meaning suggestions and criticisms are not haters. And are, in fact, spot on with many of their comments.)

Parsing life is my life,

Sunny

P. S. Putting aside the fact that hordes of forumites hang on my every word -- and breathlessly await every single one of my postings -- I am, actually, semi-qualified to comment on BB. I represent part of what should be part of their target audience:

> Not a pool lifer.
> Open to something new.
> Comfortable with small-screen viewing.
> Gabby, as in spread-the-word, gabby.

You are most welcome!

P. P. S. Isn’t this new AZ iteration spectacular? Yea AZ!


you write well without a doubt and I, for one, enjoy your posts

... continue on with your delightful observations SunnyOne
 
Ooops, there is that word, Hater again. I am really getting to Hate that word.

But other than that, I really like your Artisculation with your posts. and also, some of your posts are quite funner as compared to others.

Quattro: Glaring Negligence. Nothing I’ve read, nor heard, can justify BB bigfooting over pre-established American pool tournaments. Especially those hosted by such stellar American industry luminaries.

Yes, I believe that was one point that really did get to many of the members here.

Do you think that in all the turmoil that was happening, that was just a slight over sight, or, that in all of the importance that is Bonus ball, that point is so far down on our list of things to think about, that we don't really care when it comes down to it.

Possibly, we did it on purpose, not because with a little planning and communication that it could have been avoided, it was done, well, just because we could.

Its not exactly like I am in the constant pool loop as in that Mark, Justin and others feel the need to call on me weekly to see whats on my mind re pool and such.
It is something that I have not read anything to the contrary as of yet.

It may very well be that it is something that is being taken care of privately and all of us are out of the loop, but until I read anything different, I know which way I am leaning towards.
 
Last edited:
Nice summary/analysis Sunny! Well written and thought out. Makes me luv ya even more. :)

I think it's safe to say BB has garnered as much or more interest than anything pool recently - and most of us AZBers are in the "wait and see" mode - with pitchfork or an embracement at the ready. It's a vicous crowd... But yet a loyal base yearning...

Fickle as Frik we are! There's so many good people in pool trying to make a difference. Yet today - it's almost like squeezing blood from a turnip. I truly feel for those, such as Mark, TAR, T-Wheels - all whom I root for.

People are investing blood, sweat and tears trying to make a bigger turnip and are swimming upstream. But the salmons do, right?

My best,

Matt
 
Last edited:
I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes... How many dates did BB take "off" to avoid an overlap?

One, right?

If so, why? Why one? Why that one? Excuse me if I missed the mark on this, I've only read 897 BB posts in the last week.


KK9 <--- into a little red wine and homemade bruschetta on the porch ATM
 
Yes, Salmon do that. They get laid and then they die. They can't see past their little fish dicks. They get a huge boner
and then its over for them.

Be smart, if I were a Salmon, I'd be swimming the other way, with the current.
Maybe I wouldn't get any tail, (no pun intended) but I'd be a happy fish and live another day.

You know what else happens, when they die, the Bears move down to the stream and eat them. Easy lunch.

Can you get my pool euforumisms here?
 
Last edited:
Yes, Salmon do that. They get laid and then they die. They can't see past their little fish dicks. They get a huge boner
and then its over for them.

Be smart, if I were a Salmon, I'd be swimming the other way, with the current.
Maybe I wouldn't get any tail, (no pun intended) but I'd be a happy fish and live another day.

You know what else happens, when they die, the Bears move down to the stream and eat them. Easy lunch.

Can you get my pool euforumisms here?

I thought, if anyone, you'd "catch" that BHR. (but they don't get laid... It's kinda sad, like being married, lol J/K!) ;)
 
Last edited:
What! Fishies don't get laid.

Glad I am not a Salmon then. Thats all I'd be good for is a sammich or a cedar plank on the bar b cue.
 
Bonus Ball Analysis

Hello Sunnyone-

I see your wit is intact.
That is nice to know.

Hope all is well.

Mark griffin
 
you write well without a doubt and I, for one, enjoy your posts

... continue on with your delightful observations SunnyOne

She's ok wit the writing, but I want to see if she can handle the BOOTH. ;)
 
Back
Top