Bonus Ball Match #2 today (Thursday)

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
The L.A. Wave (Oscar Dominguez, Ernesto Dominguez, Louis Ulrich) was eliminated by the Atlanta Scorpions (Johnny Archer, Shannon Daulton, Dennis Hatch) last night.

The Scorpions now advance to play the Phoenix Fire (Scott Frost, Tommy Kennedy, Manny Chau) Sunday afternoon.

Tonight, the Toronto Blue Sharks (Jason Klatt, John Morra, Erik Hjorliefson) take on the Pittsburgh Poison (Shawn Putnam, Sylver Ochoa, Adam Smith) to see which team will go on to face the Chicago Rockets (Rodney Morris, Raj Hundal, Mika Immonen) Sunday evening.
 
THE TOP 4 TEAMS didn't make sense...

That's not usually how playoffs work. The top four should've been the top two from each division...

Why did the Wave have to play the last place team to continue on???

Jaden
 
@ jaden

from yesterday's BB thread - and this (in bold) is the same thing that i heard:


The regular season was diced into chop liver and now the playoffs are best of one! Money problems from day one, horrible management, player unpaid, players paid but had to come to Vegas to play for next to nothing to collect back pay....ppv never worked for what they had of the regular season, why on earth would anyone risk buying it again!

Really, this is the swan song of epic failure! The format is way to long and i fell asleep many times trying to watch all the defensive shots! You get a few great shots but the action is very slow. Better than one pocket but still hard to watch. No crowds to speak of, free veiwing, who in their right mind will keep funding this pipe dream! Chiborak should be shown the door and removed back to Canada! Even there I hear the game has no following!

Archer should have insisted that the money be put in escrow and all the customers that did pay for ppv in advance should have been reimbursed immediately! It really stinks how Chiborak has lied to the players about all his millions! Mr. Steak and Lobster can barely buy the players the sunriser at Denny's! Im definitely going to pass on these so called play-offs. It's the first and last season for this. Mark my word!
 
I cannot speak for anyone other than myself, but when I feel as though either my intelligence or my common sense has been seriously insulted by a person or entity it is literally impossible for me to support them in any possible way. BB has done both.

The game itself is an abomination, a confusing compilation of parts from every other standard pool game, a team concept where all teams play in one, LV, venue is a farce on it's face, the marketing and execution has been and is appalling.

That's not to mention that the most obvious potential fan base, we pool diehards, were directly insulted from the onset with never an acknowledgement or apology since.

IMO, I cannot root for them in the slightest, and find it even harder to understand how anyone not getting paid to, can.

I'm out!...

J
 
Last edited:
Well played by the Scorpions last night and now they really have they're hands full with Phoenix!I figure the Sharks will move on tonight but I'm ready to find out
 
yeah but the top four teams still got to go straight to semis...

from yesterday's BB thread - and this (in bold) is the same thing that i heard:

The top four teams still went straight to the semis. That should've been the top two teams from each region, not just the top four teams.

If they were going to cancel everything from the prelims, it should've been exactly that. Start the playoffs with everyone on equal footing...

I actually love the game and have lots of friends on teams that are directly affected by it, but man...mismanagement is making it hard for me to keep supporting it.

Jaden
 
Can anyone tell me if this is streamed?

And.

If it is, where can I see it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
 
The game itself is an abomination, a confusing compilation of parts from every other standard pool game, a team concept where all teams play in one, LV, venue is a farce on it's face, the marketing and execution has been and is appalling.
J

I can somewhat relate to what you are saying because the other day I started to have similar thoughts, myself. I started thinking how the WPBL had a great idea in forming a professional league and in providing a beautiful arena in which the players could compete. Then I began to think that it was a shame that they didn't pick one of the established games to go with, which further led me to ponder which game I might have picked if it had been my responsibility to do so. As I continued thinking, I realized that no single game ever challenges or exhibits all of the players' talents and skills, and that is the reason we now see big tournaments like the DCC where there are multiple divisions which eventually produce one all-around champion.

But a multi-division competition would not work in a league format.

That's when I began to think that what a professional league really needs is one game that not only incorporates aspects of all the other games, but also condenses the matches so that they fit into workable time frames.

So, I came full circle in my thinking and realized that the WPBL has already given us the game that's really needed for a professional league with Bonus Ball. I can't say that I'm in love with the name, but I also cannot honestly say that I could have come up with any thing any better.

The other problems that the WPBL has caused and/or experienced are things that I am not able to explain or be of any assistance with.

Roger
 
Back
Top