Bonus Ball starts May 30th

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
We all do, because realistically, for 1.3 million you could buy 6 $200,000 houses, mortgage them and buy 6 more with 100K to pay for real estate fees and taxes. With 12 houses providing 1500-2000 /mo income you could make affordable housing for people and still turn a good profit. It would be a shame to see that much money go down the toilet while 48 people went homeless (assuming 2 children/family).

Heck with that, you could fund BB + payoff your mortgages + turn a profit. But that's silly.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
We all do, because realistically, for 1.3 million you could buy 6 $200,000 houses, mortgage them and buy 6 more with 100K to pay for real estate fees and taxes. With 12 houses providing 1500-2000 /mo income you could make affordable housing for people and still turn a good profit. It would be a shame to see that much money go down the toilet while 48 people went homeless (assuming 2 children/family).

Heck with that, you could fund BB + payoff your mortgages + turn a profit. But that's silly.

Man, some of this stuff is just out there. They are not in the real estate biz, they are in the pocket billiards biz. 48 people won't go homeless especially in Vegas if they have 1500-2000 a month to spend on housing, you can get a posh pad for those numbers here. There is no shortage of affordable housing in Las Vegas, there is too much of it actually. Oh and even if they went with this master plan of yours they would need to do it on a much bigger scale to fund Bonus Ball every month.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Of course it's out there, I don't burn money, I make it. It's anarchy.

Well run with that plan of yours and let us know when you are putting all that money you are making in a pro pool endeavor. Take as much time as you need. :wink:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Well run with that plan of yours and let us know when you are putting all that money you are making in a pro pool endeavor. Take as much time as you need. :wink:

I'm on my second house that's paid for, both my vehicles are paid for and I own a condo in Vegas that's also paid for.

Enough time?

Winky winky.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I'm on my second house that's paid for, both my vehicles are paid for and I own a condo in Vegas that's also paid for.

Enough time?

Winky winky.
That is wonderful but you still do not get it. Not trying to be a jerk but there are people on here who could probably buy you 10-50 times over and still cannot figure out a plan for pro pool and actually execute it. Maybe they like their money too much or are scared to take a chance and back up plans with real money like BB is doing. I think the best idea is to get the guy from Bar Rescue to save pro pool, he does a fantastic job turning around bars or even better yet that real estate house flipper from Flipping Out, he would just be fantastic, lmao.

What you basically are saying is make money in one place and take that money to fund BB, not much different then the investors and what they are doing right now I would think. We all have answers to the pool riddle but no action equals no results and just because you can do something successfully in one thing does not mean you can do that same thing with something else. We could take someone like Eric aka Fatboy who was successful in one area and made tons of money, could he do the same with pool, doubtful because if so he would have done it considering his close proximity to this world of pocket billiards.

Attachments

• flippingoutpool.jpg
    flippingoutpool.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 311

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
That is wonderful but you still do not get it. Not trying to be a jerk but there are people on here who could probably buy you 10-50 times over and still cannot figure out a plan for pro pool and actually execute it.

I'm glad you said that because there aren't any hard feelings and I agree with that point. It's a riddle, but in the 20 or so years I've been behind pool, I haven't picked a dog yet, or missed a winner. I can wish Larry luck but I don't see a mountain of money coming in to support BB unless it's coming from some other venture. I just threw one out there based on my local economy that's affordable for a normal person and supports the rough budget.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bob, the actual website is wpbltv.com. To answer your questions: ...
2. Where is the BB arena?

6745 Surrey St, Las Vegas, 89119
That is not yet included on the page to buy tickets. Clever people will know to go to the "contact us" page where the studio address is mentioned obliquely. Non-clever people will give up.

Also, the timer countdown thingy for the next match time is broken.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

this assumes you have full occupancy and no other expenses. Doesn't happen in the landlord business.

But even so it would 24k monthly income tops, half back out to the banks for the mortgage leaving you with 12k before expenses. Assume no expense on the houses and you are facing a salary of what 30 players at 2000 a month? So that's 60k right there giving you a 48k shortfall. Add in the extra prize money and the admin expenses not to mention support staff and you will need a lot more profit to fund Bonus Ball.

1.3 million just isn't that much money anymore. I mean I'd like to have it but honestly, every time I get say around $50,000 in revenue it's gone within a week. In order to make profit faster than you can spend it you need scale OR you need to be SUPER efficient and spot on with your costs.