Bonus Ball

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How far the fighting arts have come in terms of contact and no holds barred.
Badaxx "superhero" Chuck Norris hated when people bring up how he would fare against BL especially after BL beat him up badly in "Way of the dragon"
Chuck's retort was that BL had not won any fighting tournaments. That cracked up many pundits who highlighted that Chuck won tournaments that were "no contact" tournaments. cos in those days contact tournaments were rare
LOL:grin-square:

Isaac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had posted before it was dead and done but soon after I posted Larry Chiborak left a message on my phone that it was not dead and the arena/studio were still there. He said he had some new stuff exciting stuff going on with it but that was the last I really heard a few months ago. I do think the game was interesting and the team aspect very good along with the scoreboard, add 8 and 9 ball into the mix along with Bonus Ball and it would have more success.
I really hope this is true and Bonus Ball will be back soon!

nateobot

Undercover FBI Agent
Silver Member
I too liked bonus ball. The reason being is that you actually had to shoot hard shots most of the time. Instead of bunt, bunt, bunt, around the table because of the three pocket thing you have to fly at something from time to time. I enjoyed the fact that you just couldn't bunt your way around the table but had to actually come with it.

and the BB girls

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did the UFC look at the fight game and say "there are too many games iin fighting". heck no they said lets combine them and make the best game ever. People didnt get it at first, the boxing purest wanted boxing to revive. Some of the fans didnt understand the action. The owners were blowing through money in what looked like a losing venture. Even the commissions were against them. But they didnt stop... and hopefully bonusball wont either because bonusball is the UFC of pool.

Long live bonusball!

Not even close to the same thing. With pool you need people to be able to go play that game at there local pool hall or bar and they really couldn't without the balls which next to no one had . Plus it's more complicated to play rather then ufc which is like boxing (people beating each up ) but with less rules lol

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not even close to the same thing. With pool you need people to be able to go play that game at there local pool hall or bar and they really couldn't without the balls which next to no one had . Plus it's more complicated to play rather then ufc which is like boxing (people beating each up ) but with less rules lol

This, to me, is like saying one pocket is like russian pyramid (people hitting balls into holes on a table).

Very ignorant about the sports.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see it come back but without those stooooopid jerseys!

captains_s4b.png
captains_s2b.png
captains_s5b.png
captains_n1b.png
captains_n4b.png
captains_n2b.png

I'll have to agree, the jerseys and dress slacks isn't a good luck. It looks last minute. Like RJ stated, matching golf shirts with the small logo on the left side would have been perfect. I still like how the world cup of pool team mates look with matching sport/golf shirts. They need to take a note from that.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I wasn't a fan of the game itself, a little too complicated to pick up...that said I enjoyed watching it for the team spirit and got to see a lot of players I like play pool, which is always a good thing. Especially Tommy Kennedy...he really played well, I hope I get to see him in whatever happens in that arena in the future. :smile:

kittykat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chiborak's investors are furious that he lost the venue in Vegas and around 1.6 million of their dollars, so I'm told by my friend in Canada. If this is truly the case, then his dream was over before it started. How would anyone think to run a pro league with little cash of their own but investors!

Everything was poorly executed, despite a really good game with a nice mixture of all the games, but mostly One Pocket. The construction fiasco, money problems, (promising the players a million dollar payout?) WTF? His business plan was a big deep secret according to Nathan, what ever happened to him?

The next time players see a slicked up, yellow sports car and a fancy suited guy come calling...do ask for the million to be put in escrow! :eek:

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liked the club league format but hated the stupid game they invented . Already so many pool games and these yahoos invent a new game using new balls.
Now if they had played 9 ball race to 5, it would be more successful as they can draw upon the Mosconi Cup fan base. Heck probably can then use this league for MC selection :grin-square:

100% agree with this.

People tend to prefer watching team sports and as you say there are already loads of pool games out there. 9-Ball is great for TV and much easier to market globally, especially of the likes of Matchroom are involved!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
At the risk of a severed shoeing from the regulars..

Is this completely dead now?

Kind of miss it - it was very very good to watch..

Bonus Ball and the IPT are living together under a bridge in LA hoping a producer will break down in front of them and give them a new shot in life.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
How far the fighting arts have come in terms of contact and no holds barred.
Badaxx "superhero" Chuck Norris hated when people bring up how he would fare against BL especially after BL beat him up badly in "Way of the dragon"
Chuck's retort was that BL had not won any fighting tournaments. That cracked up many pundits who highlighted that Chuck won tournaments that were "no contact" tournaments. cos in those days contact tournaments were rare
LOL:grin-square:

You do realize that the fights in martial arts movies are choreographed right?

Anyway everyone knows that Chuck Norris' dried sperm on a piece of his underwear brushed against an Asian laundress and that's how Bruce Lee was conceived.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonus Ball and the IPT are living together under a bridge in LA hoping a producer will break down in front of them and give them a new shot in life.

I'm pretty sure you get a set of Bonus Balls when you order a "Natural Cures" book........

p00lp00l

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idk to me it just came off as cheesy, with the dressed up girls and awkward outfits/jerseys. Tried to make it too showy or something. I understand they are trying to make it exciting and whatnot but a lot of the times it made me cringe watching it lol.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure you get a set of Bonus Balls when you order a "Natural Cures" book........

and i'm pretty sure, that i bought THE LAST SET of Bonus Balls for KK9 - 2 years ago, from Lee. ;) so all future orders are SOL.

on another note - "word" has it, that anyone headed to Mosconi, can stay FOR FREE, compliments of BB. (and Nathan.) it's 1 block down & 2 blocks over from Tropicana. how many can a Diamond sleep?

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonus Ball shot itself in the foot when it nested in Las Vegas. Once it decided to be team sports & (represent ???) wear jerseys of different cities, the players should have lived in those cities or nearby, then you have a dozen different markets instead of one.... JMHO