Bonus Ball

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the risk of a severed shoeing from the regulars..

Is this completely dead now?

Kind of miss it - it was very very good to watch..

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I had posted before it was dead and done but soon after I posted Larry Chiborak left a message on my phone that it was not dead and the arena/studio were still there. He said he had some new stuff exciting stuff going on with it but that was the last I really heard a few months ago. I do think the game was interesting and the team aspect very good along with the scoreboard, add 8 and 9 ball into the mix along with Bonus Ball and it would have more success.

SureShot21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, I do miss it also. It was under a lot of criticism, but in my opinion, it was a pretty neat little set up they had over there. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of Bonus Ball - does anyone have an official BB set they feel isn't worth much they'd be willing to pass along to a crazy fool buyer for a fair price? Asking for a friend

LIVFST

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see it come back but without those stooooopid jerseys!

captains_s4b.png
captains_s2b.png
captains_s5b.png
captains_n1b.png
captains_n4b.png
captains_n2b.png

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had posted before it was dead and done but soon after I posted Larry Chiborak left a message on my phone that it was not dead and the arena/studio were still there. He said he had some new stuff exciting stuff going on with it but that was the last I really heard a few months ago. I do think the game was interesting and the team aspect very good along with the scoreboard, add 8 and 9 ball into the mix along with Bonus Ball and it would have more success.

I liked it too; hopefully the message is accurate, even if Larry doesn't have the best track record on that account. And yes, polo style shirts would be much better for BB 2.0.

Nice meeting and playing you last week, Lenny.

Cory

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Fast Lendon, please save those tickets you promised me...I can hardly wait ! :thumbup: ...Yes, Bonus Ball did have about 2 or 3 good ideas....But it was the other 347 horribly bad ideas, that sunk Larry's ship ! LOL :embarrassed2:

Amarillo Dick :p

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liked the club league format but hated the stupid game they invented . Already so many pool games and these yahoos invent a new game using new balls.
Now if they had played 9 ball race to 5, it would be more successful as they can draw upon the Mosconi Cup fan base. Heck probably can then use this league for MC selection :grin-square:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
At the sake of out CJ-ing CJ.

image.png

Every time I think of BB I say why. Why the bad jerseys? Why another game? Why do I need another set of balls? Why people figured it would work?

Nick

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked it too; hopefully the message is accurate, even if Larry doesn't have the best track record on that account. And yes, polo style shirts would be much better for BB 2.0.

Nice meeting and playing you last week, Lenny.

Cory

Sweet, hope you 2 had fun. Which I was here...!

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liked the club league format but hated the stupid game they invented . Already so many pool games and these yahoos invent a new game using new balls.
Now if they had played 9 ball race to 5, it would be more successful as they can draw upon the Mosconi Cup fan base. Heck probably can then use this league for MC selection :grin-square:

Did the UFC look at the fight game and say "there are too many games iin fighting". heck no they said lets combine them and make the best game ever. People didnt get it at first, the boxing purest wanted boxing to revive. Some of the fans didnt understand the action. The owners were blowing through money in what looked like a losing venture. Even the commissions were against them. But they didnt stop... and hopefully bonusball wont either because bonusball is the UFC of pool.

Long live bonusball!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I'd like to see it come back but without those stooooopid jerseys!

Agreed. Why not a little smaller "logo" tiger, lion, whatever, and then let each team sell some space for sponors on the sleeves, and front, etc. I'd rather see some Corp Logos on the front than a big old "fireball" or whatever that thing was ;)

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too liked bonus ball. The reason being is that you actually had to shoot hard shots most of the time. Instead of bunt, bunt, bunt, around the table because of the three pocket thing you have to fly at something from time to time. I enjoyed the fact that you just couldn't bunt your way around the table but had to actually come with it.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bonus Ball is one of those games that IF you play it a few times (especially if you have one of the original cool ball sets) that the game really grows on you - and the skill set and mind set it challenges you with - the same that every "new" game aspires to accomplish I'm sure. It's easy to pass off any spectator game from a spectator-only perspective (like snooker) but when you actually PLAY THE GAME is when it grabs you. So I've heard :)

LIVFST

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Did the UFC look at the fight game and say "there are too many games iin fighting". heck no they said lets combine them and make the best game ever. People didnt get it at first, the boxing purest wanted boxing to revive. Some of the fans didnt understand the action. The owners were blowing through money in what looked like a losing venture. Even the commissions were against them. But they didnt stop... and hopefully bonusball wont either because bonusball is the UFC of pool.

It is amazing how completely backwards and 100% wrong that all was. (Reading below I now see you were joking, be more obvious next time plz, we have lots of people who actually think that way on here.)

What the UFC did was went into the fight game, where things like boxing, wrestling, karate, judo, Thai boxing, sumo, and whatever else out there had rules and time limits and weight classes and ect.. and they did away with all of it. The UFC made the most simple, rule free, no holds barred fight game out there. There were no time limits, no judges, virtually no rules at all. Two people enter a ring and they fight however they want and it ends when one of the two either quits or is unconsious.

Bonus Ball was the COMPLETE opposite. It was a new game with convoluted rules and structured guidelines and time limits and it wad confusing enough that even the pros playing the game screwed up and shot the wrong ball at times.

If Bonus Ball were a fighting game it would be boxing... but you need to throw a left before you can throw a right, unless it is an odd numbered round in which case you need to throw two rights and then hop on your left foot twice before you can throw a left... oh and all fighters are all dressed in a ballerina tutu and are lucky to get paid.

Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is amazing how completely backwards and 100% wrong that all was. (Reading below I now see you were joking, be more obvious next time plz, we have lots of people who actually think that way on here.)Nothing I said was wrong and certainly not backwards.

What the UFC did was went into the fight game, where things like boxing, wrestling, karate, judo, Thai boxing, sumo, and whatever else out there had rules and time limits and weight classes and etc.. and they did away with all of it. The UFC made the most simple, rule free, no holds barred fight game out there. There were no time limits, no judges, virtually no rules at all. Two people enter a ring and they fight however they want and it ends when one of the two either quits or is unconscious.The first UFC was promoted as No Holds Barred and that type of fighting became known as nhb, it wasn't even mma yet. People thought that meant no rules but in fact there were rules against eye gouging, fish hooking, and biting. The early UFC was created to "determine" the best fighting style. To be more precise it was created to promote jiu-jitsu and educate fight fans as to the effectiveness of submission fighting. So as I said, people did not understand the action. Even some of the commentators did not know what a triangle choke was much less the intricacies of the control on the ground and the fight for positioning that was happening. The athletic commissions were against NHB. The boxing fans are still looking to revive the sport. And finally. I was also right about the ufc blowing through money. Zuffa paid the original owner $2 mil. for the company with the plans of changing the spectacle of nhb into the sport of mma. The new owners went on to blow through 40 more mil before almost calling it quits until the sport was sparked by a reality show. Maybe bonusball could use a reality show!? Oh and btw, MMA had become a much more acurate term also, not only because they had added rules which "barred holds" but also because the competitors were now mixing the martial arts to create a fighting style that in and of itsown was a fighting style. So by that time we were seeing an mma fighter vs an mma fighter rather than a boxer vs a jiu-jitsu fighter.

Bonus Ball was the COMPLETE opposite. It was a new game with convoluted rules and structured guidelines and time limits and it wad confusing enough that even the pros playing the game screwed up and shot the wrong ball at times.

If Bonus Ball were a fighting game it would be boxing... but you need to throw a left before you can throw a right, unless it is an odd numbered round in which case you need to throw two rights and then hop on your left foot twice before you can throw a left... oh and all fighters are all dressed in a ballerina tutu and are lucky to get paid. No bonusball is not like boxing. Bonusball is like the modern day UFC. The mma ufc, not the nhb ufc. In mma there are rules that are simple enough but unless you take the time to understand them you wont know what is going on. It could also be that a complete idiot might not understand the rules but what can you do huh? For instance, in mma knees are allowed to the head.. but in some promotions (like the ufc) they are not allowed to the head of a grounded opponent so fighters need to familiarize themselves on what constitutes a grounded opponent. And elbows are allowed in a 3 to 9 motion, not a 12 to 6 motion, but if you are on your back the same "12 to 6" elbow become legal because they say it is now going 3 to 9... but from the top you can throw hooking elbows even though they are now going 12 to 6, so I could see how it could be confusing. And kicks are allowed, but some promotions (like the ufc) will not allow soccer kicks or upkicks to the head of a grounded opponent. Again you better knos ahat a grkunded opponent is.

You see like in bonusball, in mma the even the pros will occasionally forget the rules. Jon Jones only loss was by disqualification due to nearly killing Matt Hamill with 12 to 6 elbows.

So you see the sport of mma is much more like bonus ball than boxing is. Again Im glad that the ufc did not say "there are already to many fight games. There is boxing and kick boxing, and tae kwon do, karate, wrestling, jiu-jitsu, etc. Lets not combine them and make one more." No they said lets do combine them to create the best fight sport of all, mma. And bonusball is the mma of pool. I hope they come back
Am I joking?

Last edited: