Brasso for cleaning and polishing balls?

sbrownn

Registered
Thinking of trying some Brasso as the cleaner and polishing agent in my new ball bucket cleaner after I've read it is safe for plastic and expensive watch face crystals. Anyone tried this? It is definitely the right price and easy to get. Pros / cons?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thinking of trying some Brasso as the cleaner and polishing agent in my new ball bucket cleaner after I've read it is safe for plastic and expensive watch face crystals. Anyone tried this? It is definitely the right price and easy to get. Pros / cons?
Why? Are you not sold on the purpose made products? AFAIK, Brasso contains silica. My bet is the balls will be too slick, affecting playability.

IMO, the best solution to clean balls is a mixture of 2-4 tablespoons Aramith Ball Cleaner mixed with 8 ounces 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. This will leave the balls shiny but not slick. Slick pool balls will slide off the rail and will not throw properly.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What in the world would ever cause you to even ask such a question?

Why would you want to use any kind of cleaner/polish designed for brass/other metals on pool balls?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What in the world would ever cause you to even ask such a question?

Why would you want to use any kind of cleaner/polish designed for brass/other metals on pool balls?
The same reason he made a bucket polisher with the buffer on top.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WTF????????? Why would you ever do that????????? That's for cleaning sinks and shit.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A Bar we shoot in, one of the Bartenders cleaned the balls in the sink with Comet and a Scothbrite Pad. It didn't work out to well. I took them and after several runs through the Diamond Cleaner with Aramith Restorer and Aramith Cleaner, they looked good. No idea how much wear that inflicted. Brian.