Votes: 4 20.0%
  • special shaft and special tip, normal weight

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KCJeffff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have read as much as I can about break cue and jump cue combos. It seem it's sort of a toss up between a lighter cue and a heavier cue. With a lighter producing more speed and a heavier harder impact. Then there are are those that go for a 19 oz cue with a breaking tip and maybe a special shaft, dymondwod or purple hart. What are your opinions let say for a cue around $200 Thanks, maybe we can get a poll going

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A poll? For whAt?

All the questions you ask have already been addressed.

Copy/ paste the below into google...add additional terms as necessary.
"Best break cue" site: forums.azbilliards.com

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are better off buying cues designed to do a specific task. Personally, I find that using a Samsara break tip on a straight tapered shaft works best for me so far. The weight of my break cue is .5 oz. less than my player. For me, this seems to be the best set up for consistency and control. Everybody is different and you will need to experiment some to find something that you like.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have read as much as I can about break cue and jump cue combos. It seem it's sort of a toss up between a lighter cue and a heavier cue. With a lighter producing more speed and a heavier harder impact. Then there are are those that go for a 19 oz cue with a breaking tip and maybe a special shaft, dymondwod or purple hart. What are your opinions let say for a cue around $200 Thanks, maybe we can get a poll going

Well, I'd say that the best value int the $200 range is really a toss-up. You can go with a lighter cue, it would accelerate faster than a heavy cue, but the heavier cue has more mass in the hit and loses less inertia when striking the cueball.
Of course, you could just use a standard weight with a break tip...or you could get a cue with a special shaft, like dymmondwood or purpleheart.

It's a toss-up. But you knew that.

KCJeffff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry never did a poll before, my friends believe a heavier cue is the best but from reading all over the web I wasn't able to really tell. I was just curious what those with more experience think.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry never did a poll before, my friends believe a heavier cue is the best but from reading all over the web I wasn't able to really tell. I was just curious what those with more experience think.

Do you think you are going to get a definitive answer?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Do you think you are going to get a definitive answer?

C'mon Walter....just vote and throw the guy a bone!!!! :grin: You and I both know (as do thousands of others here on this forum) that the ONLY way to figure out what piece of pool equipment is best for any one person is for that person to try out ALL the possibilities and making THEIR decision....not letting some outsider choose for him/her.

This OP'er is new enough.......you should cut some slack here. ;)

Maniac

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Length?

I like a break cue to be shorter than standard. My current favorite is a cut down Joss butt (25") with an off-market shaft and a White Diamond tip. Weighs 16 oz.

I also like the Samsara and the Players jump/break tips.