Broke my high run!!! on to the land of 20's!!

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Well i finally got some table time tonight!!! I am still a little sick but i needed to get out of this house and play some 14.1!!

Here i am 10:30 at night on a Thursday, My white shirt now blue from chalk after a 4 hour session,and a new HIGH RUN woooohooo!!!

My high run no longer stands at 14....it is now 21!!! yay! I owe a huge help to my hubby Steve for it too! I left myself on the rail for my break shot and somehow hit the ball wrong and the cue went AROUND the rack instead of INTO the rack!! Grrrr.
I am now left with a full rack on the table, not a ball touched!!

So after a few minutes of staring at the rack i see a hand waving at my face ( i had my headphones on lol) There is my hubby ready to help! He showed me what kind of english to put on the cue ball witch inturn would transfer to the object ball making it bank into the side pocket.

After a minute of looking, readjusting, and finally feeling confident i hit the rack and POW ball goes in!! wooohooo! there is my 16th ball! The rest of the balls i did hit a bit sloppy, i think i was just happy and excited of how i did up to that point and kind of distracted myself lol

When i finally missed and counted i had 21 balls total!! I am very proud of how i shot tonight and am SOOOO glad Steve was there to help me!

I am getting closer and closer to my goal for 2010 and that is to run 2 full racks!!

here is a table layout Steve made so you can understand the shot better!!

~~Heather~~

untitled.jpg
[/IMG]

sausage

Banned
dick lane said to me long ago: "if you can run 21 you can run 100." there's truth in that statement even for we mere mortals. all you have to do is run 21 five times. simple....

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Thanks guys!! I made alot of mistakes and i know ill make quite a few more as i am still learning, but i am so proud of that run tonight!! I feel really good!!! :thumbup::D

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Heather ! You will break it again soon i am sure.... one tip, if the cueball is in a straight line between the side pocket and in that case the 14, you have a good chance of making it when you hit it straight on with some power ;)

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
warm welcome in a new land of 20s! And don't stay long here, there are more wonderful lands on the globe, like 30s, 40s and so on :)

maebelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome!! You will be hitting 100 really soon Im sure. I have yet to attempt the straight pool game - I tried one night and decided I am not quite ready :)

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
congrats, its fun when you bank one of those saving shots that keeps your run going. Now try to make a rack and a half a goal every night. My personal best lately has been about a rack and a half. So good job.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hi Heather :)

I m very proud of you hun! Just remember how fast you reached it now-even if you were not able to play that much as you wanted to.

....3rd rack is callin......i hear it :p

:hug:

Ingo

BigCat

The Panda Diaries
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice work!

I think you will hit your goal sooner than you think. Hard work *always* pays off.

Ray

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Glad i could be there to help you, i have never seen that look on your face. you were so focussed on what you were doing, thought you were going to start breathing fire at one point. i deliberatly stayed away once i helped you with the shot. i didnt want to shark you in any way......:wink::wink::wink:

keep up the good shooting, and i will always be there to help you as you need it

:)Steve

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Congratulations. You made it to the land of 20s pretty quickly.

Now do it again and again until it's no big deal to you.

By then you will be in the high 20s and low 30s

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Thanks everyone! it took quite a few racks to get to that 21 lol. after i ran it i didn't run anythung under an 11 for the next 5 racks i played so that was really good! I just popped my headphones in and started to play. I forced myself to block out everything around me and it worked. my biggest struggle had been getting distracted and i overcame that last night@ hopefully this is a great sign of things to come!

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great run. Blocking out distractions helps alot.

Now if I could get that little voice in my head to shut up!

Well done.

Andy

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Awesome!! You will be hitting 100 really soon Im sure. I have yet to attempt the straight pool game - I tried one night and decided I am not quite ready :)

The first few times i tried i was not into it at all!! It made my head hurt , now i don't really play anything else!

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Hi Heather :)

I m very proud of you hun! Just remember how fast you reached it now-even if you were not able to play that much as you wanted to.

....3rd rack is callin......i hear it :p

:hug:

Ingo

Thanks Ingo! It was an amazing feeling. Steve and Charlie came right over to me once they realized i was done and both congratulated me lol it was really cool