Brunswick Centennial Cushions

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have recently purchased a Centennial model C. I am planning to start to restore it later this year. What type/style of cushions does this table take? I would like to have Artemis brand cushions installed. I was told by a shaky source that K55 profile cushions fit this table without rail modifications. I hope that's true.

Just to let you fine mechanics know, I will not be installing the cushions myself. I will not perform the final setup either. I will be restoring the rails and aluminum skirts myself then calling in the experts.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Bob Pizarro

scruffy1

Silver Member
Yup! absolutely k55. If using Artemis you will need Artemis Intercontinental K-55 Profile Rail Cushion

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have recently purchased a Centennial model C. I am planning to start to restore it later this year. What type/style of cushions does this table take? I would like to have Artemis brand cushions installed. I was told by a shaky source that K55 profile cushions fit this table without rail modifications. I hope that's true.

Just to let you fine mechanics know, I will not be installing the cushions myself. I will not perform the final setup either. I will be restoring the rails and aluminum skirts myself then calling in the experts.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Bob Pizarro

Well then...you need to get a real professional to do the rail work...because NO K55 cushions are going to fit perfect today...because the cushions that were factory on that table were 1 1/16" wide, but of the K55 profile. Today's K55 profile cushions, including Brunswick Superspeeds are 1 1/4" wide....so in other words, the wider cushions of today are going to throw off your playing surface by 3/8" of an inch smaller in both length and width;)...so yes, the sub-rails are going to have to be modified to fit todays cushions.

Glen

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well then...you need to get a real professional to do the rail work...because NO K55 cushions are going to fit perfect today...because the cushions that were factory on that table were 1 1/16" wide, but of the K55 profile. Today's K55 profile cushions, including Brunswick Superspeeds are 1 1/4" wide....so in other words, the wider cushions of today are going to throw off your playing surface by 3/8" of an inch smaller in both length and width;)...so yes, the sub-rails are going to have to be modified to fit todays cushions.

Glen

Glen, what would you do if this was your table? I want to do the right thing to my baby.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
rails

Ur gonna need a corbrasizing..
Be patient..its worth it..
-get a hold of mark gregory, he might be avaliable to be in your area
_
Robert Molina

Last edited:

chevybob20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to contact Mark. He's 1.5 to 2 hours south of here. He posts under perfect pockets on here right?

Firenback

Stay Smooth.....
Yup! absolutely k55. If using Artemis you will need Artemis Intercontinental K-55 Profile Rail Cushion
good knowledge thanks, i want to change the rubber on a GC3 can i use the one's that on the GC5 that have the pro cut...i think they are extended?? K55?

thanks for the help

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
good knowledge thanks, i want to change the rubber on a GC3 can i use the one's that on the GC5 that have the pro cut...i think they are extended?? K55?

thanks for the help

One thing to keep in mind is the confusing nature of the way Artemis labels their cushion models. My understanding (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is that the Artemis K-55 PROFILE is actually the Artemis Intercontinental #66 model cushion. Why they do this I don't know, it just seems confusing to me.

So, if you need the K-55 profile you need to buy the Intercontinental #66.

Again, anyone, I don't want to mislead the OP, so if my information is wrong, please correct me.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
One thing to keep in mind is the confusing nature of the way Artemis labels their cushion models. My understanding (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is that the Artemis K-55 PROFILE is actually the Artemis Intercontinental #66 model cushion. Why they do this I don't know, it just seems confusing to me.

So, if you need the K-55 profile you need to buy the Intercontinental #66.

Again, anyone, I don't want to mislead the OP, so if my information is wrong, please correct me.

You are correct:D