Brunswick Gold Crown VI (Tournament Edition)

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Wow,
I wonder why a warranty only applies to the original owner and not transferable.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wow,
I wonder why a warranty only applies to the original owner and not transferable.
Well, how many owners would it transfer to if the table was sold 3 times, all three of them? Second reason it don't transfer is because it had to be an authorized Brunswick dealer to deliver and set the table up in the first place in order to get that warranty, what if you sold it to Joe Blow, and he hired the local town idiot to move and set it up, and it turned out like shit....is that Brunswick's fault.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
As a Brunswick fan and a GC fan generally, this info on the GC VI is very disappointing! I have never been a fan of the massive design change to the GC VI, probably one of the most visually offensive tables I've ever seen. For any fan of the classic Gold Crown lines, this table is an affront. But, I realize taste is very subjective and thought at least they wouldn't let the quality drop on the flagship. I had a GC IV, rock solid and no issues. I love the GC V design, I think it's probably the best looking GC besides the first generation. To me, for what it's worth, I think money is much better spent on a vintage Brunswick 1920's-50's. Have the table restored and end up with a much better American made product. I have a 10' Centennial and had Mark Gregory recalibrate and refinish the rails w/ 4.5" pockets. All in I was probably still at a lower price point than I'd be for one of these new Gold Crowns.
Problem with that theory is though there are MANY tables for sale relatively cheap, there are FEW Mark Gregory's or equivalent available on the market😅

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The Gold Crown 6 is one of the best tables made today. I did not like the look, but, it grew on me.... Dealing with Brunswick as a Commercial Brunswick dealer has been AWESOME!

TFT
Now, are you referring to the Original Brunswick, or the sold OFF version of Brunswick, because there is a difference😅

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
What has Brunswick done for commercial pool in the last 20 years or so???
UM WHO CARES ABOUT THE LAST 20 YEARS IN "PROFESSIONAL POOL", POOL HAS ABSOLUTELY SUCKED AS A SPORT, WHY WOULD THEY???? SMART PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM BAD INVESTMENTS < THEY PRACTICALLY INVENTED IT IN 1845 AND i AM SURE THEY HAVE MADE THEIR MONEY... Currently are releasing their new bar box and have produced the GC since 1961, I would say THEY PAVED THE WAY FOR ALL OTHER COMPANIES..... DIAMOND WAS AND I Said WAS, THE ONLY SHARK IN THE WATER AND NOW THERE : RASSON, PREDATOR AND BRUNSWICK WILL ALSO FOLLOW SUITE WITH THE DIAMOND POCKET ON THEIR GC6-7.....Looks to me liked they backed off for a while, someone picked the ball up, now has fumbled the ball and now there are a bunch of teams against them. Brunswick will always be a player in the market, PREDATOR IS GOIN TO DOMINTATE LIKE THEY DO IN EVERY MARKET IN POOL....MIC DROP

TFT

Attachments

• 03345b2fc0a81c55e5ee746880e0fe36adbf47f3-1.jpg
    03345b2fc0a81c55e5ee746880e0fe36adbf47f3-1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well, there went this thread. At least it was useful for a little while…
It'll be fine, I don't need to educate Trent about last years business plan don't work for tomorrow. The fact that all Diamonds competition DON'T offer a lease option plan will stop 90% of their sales because not one of them is willing to put their money where there mouth is says a lot on its own😅

realkingcobra

Silver Member
UM WHO CARES ABOUT THE LAST 20 YEARS IN "PROFESSIONAL POOL", POOL HAS ABSOLUTELY SUCKED AS A SPORT, WHY WOULD THEY???? SMART PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM BAD INVESTMENTS < THEY PRACTICALLY INVENTED IT IN 1845 AND i AM SURE THEY HAVE MADE THEIR MONEY... Currently are releasing their new bar box and have produced the GC since 1961, I would say THEY PAVED THE WAY FOR ALL OTHER COMPANIES..... DIAMOND WAS AND I Said WAS, THE ONLY SHARK IN THE WATER AND NOW THERE : RASSON, PREDATOR AND BRUNSWICK WILL ALSO FOLLOW SUITE WITH THE DIAMOND POCKET ON THEIR GC6-7.....Looks to me liked they backed off for a while, someone picked the ball up, now has fumbled the ball and now there are a bunch of teams against them. Brunswick will always be a player in the market, PREDATOR IS GOIN TO DOMINTATE LIKE THEY DO IN EVERY MARKET IN POOL....MIC DROP

TFT
Think Brunswick is EVER going to supply 300 of their bar tables to support a major BAR TABLE APA play offs? This is Brunswick's FIFTH run at the bar table market, with FOUR failures to their credit already, what makes you think they're going anywhere with this new bar table? Pick up the MIC, you'll sell anything you can make a buck off, requardless of what it is.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

TFT
News flash, the PREDATOR tables and cloth are junk!!
Drop the MIC!!!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cushion warranty....I have a GC4...2 rails turned to stone after 12 years. Brunswick wanted the 2 dead rails inspected by an authorized mechanic. There was a charge for that. After I received the 2 replacement rails there would be a charge to install them. It was easier to have all six replaced out of pocket than go through the warranty. I'm not complaining... just saying. Worked out better anyway... had the rails extended, new cloth, re-leveled. Work was done by The Turk. I hope he doing well where ever he is.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Cushion warranty....I have a GC4...2 rails turned to stone after 12 years. Brunswick wanted the 2 dead rails inspected by an authorized mechanic. There was a charge for that. After I received the 2 replacement rails there was a charge to install them. It was easier to have all six replaced out of pocket than go through the warranty. I'm not complaining just saying. Worked out better anyway... had the rails extended, new cloth, re-leveled. Work was done by The Turk. I hope he doing well where ever he is.
And Brunswick should know you never replace cushions unless you replace the full set at one time.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Lots of co's do that. Not uncommon. How often is a pool table going to need warranty repair? Not very often.
Yup. I think Diamonds warranty is a year. The brunswick warranty also only covers the equipment, not labor. People assume the labor is free.
At the end of the day, they been making the best commercial table on the market( i know its not perfect, nothing is) and I have STRONG feeling that they are re emerging on the Tournament scene.

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Think Brunswick is EVER going to supply 300 of their bar tables to support a major BAR TABLE APA play offs? This is Brunswick's FIFTH run at the bar table market, with FOUR failures to their credit already, what makes you think they're going anywhere with this new bar table? Pick up the MIC, you'll sell anything you can make a buck off, requardless of what it is.
Archers new place has them! All 130 barboxes that were produced: SOLD. The next batch will be the same. I already know rasson is making the ft OX and Predator will follow suite. I dont care if APA people use shitty old Valleys, i dont play that league, I did have fun a long long time ago playin it tho!

TFT

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup. I think Diamonds warranty is a year. The brunswick warranty also only covers the equipment, not labor. People assume the labor is free.
At the end of the day, they been making the best commercial table on the market( i know its not perfect, nothing is) and I have STRONG feeling that they are re emerging on the Tournament scene.

TFT
B'wick is still under ownership of an investment bank. Until a pool-loving buyer comes along i kinda doubt that they get back into sponsoring pool events. Their tables are still very popular in Japan and are used on the JPBA tour. They aren't listed as an official sponsor of that association.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
B'wick is still under ownership of an investment bank. Until a pool-loving buyer comes along i kinda doubt that they get back into sponsoring pool events. Their tables are still very popular in Japan and are used on the JPBA tour. They aren't listed as an official sponsor of that association.
I know things! :) Good stuff has been and will continue to! :)

TFT

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know things! :) Good stuff has been and will continue to! :)

TFT
I'll believe it when i see it. They haven't sponsored anything since the old CamelPro days. I don't see current owners KPS Partners spending any $$ on sponsoring anything. They're just hoping someone takes LifeFitness/BrunswickBilliards off their hands and they make a profit. That's what they do. In '17 they bought TaylorMade golf for 400million and four yrs later they sold it for almost 2billion. I doubt that LF/B'wick will provide that kind of return. I'd love to see B'wick back on the tournament scene but i'm not holding my breath.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

TFT
Which major event do you predicted is going to use Brunswick tables instead of Diamond's? Who knows, maybe they'll pay more than $300K for their tables to be used in the Mosconi Cup, but Rasson may have something to say about that, who knows maybe even Predator, as it only requires what, 3 tables?😅

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'll believe it when i see it. They haven't sponsored anything since the old CamelPro days. I don't see current owners KPS Partners spending any $$ on sponsoring anything. They're just hoping someone takes LifeFitness/BrunswickBilliards off their hands and they make a profit. That's what they do. In '17 they bought TaylorMade golf for 400million and four yrs later they sold it for almost 2billion. I doubt that LF/B'wick will provide that kind of return. I'd love to see B'wick back on the tournament scene but i'm not holding my breath.
Brunswick bought Valley for $32M and shortly there after sold it for $2M😅🤣😂