Buddy is in the Hospital

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anybody who might be concerned. About four days ago Buddy kept falling asleep at Side Pockets. He was taken to the local hospital. I was told he had a small Brain Aneurysm pop. I guess you could say he had a stroke. I'm not a doctor. He was in serious condition but is doing better. I guess they also found a much larger more dangerous one that is still intact. I don't know his prognosis or when he is getting out etc. I haven't been around the the pool hall the last few weeks so i just heard from his cousin today. He is in Lourdes hospital in Paducah, Ky. He was staked to play in the 500 dollar entry bar box tournament in Metropolis this weekend, but obviously he won't be playing in it. That's all i know right now. I'll go visit him tomorrow if i can. John Crabb

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
For anybody who might be concerned. About four days ago Buddy kept falling asleep at Side Pockets. He was taken to the local hospital. I was told he had a small Brain Aneurysm pop. I guess you could say he had a stroke. I'm not a doctor. He was in serious condition but is doing better. I guess they also found a much larger more dangerous one that is still intact. I don't know his prognosis or when he is getting out etc. I haven't been around the the pool hall the last few weeks so i just heard from his cousin today. He is in Lourdes hospital in Paducah, Ky. He was staked to play in the 500 dollar entry bar box tournament in Metropolis this weekend, but obviously he won't be playing in it. That's all i know right now. I'll go visit him tomorrow if i can. John Crabb

not good. thanks for the info. my mother died from a sudden brain aneurism @ 50, after 2 surgeries w/in a week. but that was 1993. medicine has changed, since.

my prayers are with Buddy.
PINK

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope he gets better, one of the all-time greats both on the table in the commentating booth.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Thanks John. Please let Buddy know that we are all pulling for him. Please let us know any updates that you might have.

JoeyA

SeabrookMiglla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh man thats horrible, i really hope he makes a speedy recovery. brain injuries are not to be taken likely. god speed buddy, we will be praying for you.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I hope he comes out of this with all his limbs and mind working. If he does I hope he is still able to play pool and really tries to lose the weight. Buddy is one of the best players that ever played the game both in action and in tournament play. Good luck with your recovery big guy. John Terrell

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Take your time getting out of that trap, Buddy, like you always do.
...but be sure to get out, like you always do.

your friend
pt

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My best wishes to Buddy -- a true legend in this sport.

Lou Figueroa

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I hate hearing this, please give him my & my family's love & we're thinking of him!

little willie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
prayers are with my friend just talked with him a few weeks ago told me they found a small one hope he gets better soon 002.jpg

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sincerely hope that whatever bug is going around infecting our beloved pool players goes away. I think we've lost enough players for one decade and I really do not want to hear about any other players passing.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hoping for the best for "The Rifleman"! Man has the best stroke I've ever seen on a player!

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Hope he gets better, one of the all-time greats both on the table in the commentating booth.

Yup, wish you well buddy. He is the gold standard of watching a smooth stroke and good fundamentals. And he is always enjoyable in the booth.