Bullseye Billiards Instructional Game

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You obviously have no clue what it takes to get products produced in relatively low volume. Even if he were getting 5,000 to 10,000 made, which I'm fairly sure he didn't do, it would still be a struggle to break even at $30. Go visit a printer and get pricing on what the manual for this product would cost in quantities of 100 and 250. You've got $5 or more tied up in shipping and handling.

Yes, there are things that have millions tied up in development. They mad produce them and sell millions of them. You'd probably be shocked at the actual cost to produce an iPhone, it's much lower than you'd expect. I'll bet the labor and parts cost are less than $50.

Apple (and most all electronics) products have a lot of slave labor involved. If they didn't the cost to produce electronics would be magnitudes higher than they are... However that's not even remotely a related topic...

I've worked at printers, I have friends that work at printers. There are many places more than willing to do one offs and low volume orders. Even higher priced low volume orders would not even come close to your $30 guess. The box (if the game actually comes in the box he is illustrating) would be the only thing remotely costly to produce. Everything else could be done cheap or even personally by hand.

Looks like a great product. I'd love to have one. Just thought I'd share my exact thoughts that many others are likely to have when they see the price tag. He's missing the oppportunity for more people to buy the game, share thoughts on it, show it to others and get people excited about it. There's a lot of free marketing to be had if the product is good enough and cheap enough to not turn people away.

So go ahead and argue with the natural reaction people are going to have. It's not going to help his sales. Right now is the perfect time to try to get as many as these sold as possible. It's a great gift for just about anyone that likes anything about pool. I love to see products like this, it's the perfect way to practice imho. I would stand behind it 100% if the price made it more attainable to the average joe.

I really do hope he does well with it. It just won't be me (and likely many others) that won't buy it because the price is more than they would like to spend on it. Sorry...

Last edited:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ, we'll just have to agree to disagree which is fine. I'm sure at some point, someone will sell theirs in the for sale room, maybe you'll be able to pick one up cheap.

Apple (and most all electronics) products have a lot of slave labor involved. If they didn't the cost to produce electronics would be magnitudes higher than they are... However that's not even remotely a related topic...

I've worked at printers, I have friends that work at printers. There are many places more than willing to do one offs and low volume orders. Even higher priced low volume orders would not even come close to your $30 guess. The box (if the game actually comes in the box he is illustrating) would be the only thing remotely costly to produce. Everything else could be done cheap or even personally by hand.

Looks like a great product. I'd love to have one. Just thought I'd share my exact thoughts that many others are likely to have when they see the price tag. He's missing the oppportunity for more people to buy the game, share thoughts on it, show it to others and get people excited about it. There's a lot of free marketing to be had if the product is good enough and cheap enough to not turn people away.

So go ahead and argue with the natural reaction people are going to have. It's not going to help his sales. Right now is the perfect time to try to get as many as these sold as possible. It's a great gift for just about anyone that likes anything about pool. I love to see products like this, it's the perfect way to practice imho. I would stand behind it 100% if the price made it more attainable to the average joe.

I really do hope he does well with it. It just won't be me (and likely many others) that won't buy it because the price is more than they would like to spend on it. Sorry...

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Jeremiah, Thanks for launching a Product that helps players get BETTER!!

On the First Official Launch Day, I ordered 3 Copies of this Game and I was HAPPY to be able to purchase them for the Price they are being offered at, with Priority USPS Shipping INCLUDED!!! atleast for the first week.

I have kids that love the 'Target Pool' game but cant afford to pay $100 or $200 for a used copy of the 20 year old Game.

All I have to say is, people pay, $25 for a cube of Chalk, $100 for a 1st Gen Moori, or $1,000 for a Custom cue, but don't do what is the most important part of learning any game of skill, Putting in the PRATICE time, NOT JUST PLAYING GAMES but in a constructive, educational and repetable manner that gives you a result that is measureable and sets a standard for you to meet or exceed at the same time allowing you to Teach yourself and Play or Practice by yourself and really see the results of your 'PRACTICE TIME'

All I have to say to 'BULLSEYE BILLIARDS' is

THANKS for filling a Demand that hadn't been filled for almost 20 years since 'Target Pool' was launched.

Also, Thanks for making changes to the game that the 1st Generation Game were lacking in, ie., 'a target that isn't folded and creased and targets that when you roll the cueball up to the edge of the target at a slow speed, it doesn't roll back like it is going up a hill'--no rocking motion of the cueball!!

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays,

EVERYONE, buy a copy for every kid, potential pool player, your children that you would like to get involved in 'Loving the Game of Pool' or Just buy one and DONATE IT TO THE LOCAL 'POOL HALL' or BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB or any other CLUB that has a Pool Table and Pool Players that want to Learn the Game and Hopefully get BETTER!!!!

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy:thumbup:

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll check this out asap

Target Pool is a great game, was fortunate to win two of Kim Davenport's tournaments.....I'll check this out asap. Thanks for the contribution to our game, Jeremiah.

Hi, I just wanted to let all you know about a game I created for helping learn pool and billiards. It's called Bullseye Billiards and is available for order starting today at http://BullseyeBilliards.net

I hope you like it!

P.S.
I am aware that the "target pool" concept is not new, but this is a brand new product with new instruction, new shots, and new games styles.

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone for supporting Bullseye Billiards!

And if anyone is interested, I took a picture of everything in the box:
in_the_box_small.jpg

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
$60 is a very fair price IMHO. Thanks for your contributions to the game and I wish you much success with your product. $30 would be stealing. :)

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice. Looks like a great tool. Anyone that wants to work on their cueball control would be well advised to get one.

Thanks to everyone for supporting Bullseye Billiards!

And if anyone is interested, I took a picture of everything in the box:
in_the_box_small.jpg

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like the game comes with self-adhesive dots or spots.

I bought some of the colored removable self-adhesive hole reinforcements at Wally to use with another instructional item. Unfortunately, even though the were only on the table a few hours, the next day the area where the rings had been started to show dark, as if collecting dirt from the air. I have not been able to clean the dirty rings off so far.

It has ruined the look of my Simonis 860 Tournament Blue cloth. The cloth needs replacing anyway, so maybe the unsightly dark rings will force me to do it earlier rather than later.

I used different all-white self-adhesive hole reinforcements bought at Wally on the same table cloth before, but they did not create dirt rings..

This is just a warning to tell people that some self-adhesive reinforcements react badly and create dirt rings on Simonis cloth, even though they were on the cloth a short time.

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I bought some of the colored removable self-adhesive hole reinforcements at Wally to use with another instructional item. Unfortunately, even though the were only on the table a few hours, the next day the area where the rings had been started to show dark, as if collecting dirt from the air. I have not been able to clean the dirty rings off so far.

It has ruined the look of my Simonis 860 Tournament Blue cloth. The cloth needs replacing anyway, so maybe the unsightly dark rings will force me to do it earlier rather than later.

I used different all-white self-adhesive hole reinforcements bought at Wally on the same table cloth before, but they did not create dirt rings..

This is just a warning to tell people that some self-adhesive reinforcements react badly and create dirt rings on Simonis cloth, even though they were on the cloth a short time.

That's interesting to hear about the self-adhesives. At the ABQ Billiards Academy, we had the white ones on all our tables with Simonis and they never seemed to cause a problem.

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Price is very subjective - what is cheap to some is expensive to others, and age and income has a lot to do with it.

That said, I think this game is great but overpriced, regardless of how much it costs to produce a small-run board game, which is essentially what this is - the players provide the board base and playing pieces, and the game is the instruction set and a cover for the board. It costs what a deluxe chess set might cost, or a little more than a 'collectible' series of Monopoly game.

At $40 I might be interested; at $30 very interested cause that's fun money price point, at $59 I have to choose between this game and Freddy's Encyclopedia or 20% of the cloth I need to recover my table.

But that's just me, an old guy living on a fixed income. Back when I was making six figures I would not have even noticed the price, I would have ordered it right away, but oh yeah maybe not because when I was working I didn't have a home room or even a home table...

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I've been using both colored and white re-inforcement rings for years, and never had a problem.

The color ones from Avery are great for laying out drills to practice 3 balls ahead.

That's interesting to hear about the self-adhesives. At the ABQ Billiards Academy, we had the white ones on all our tables with Simonis and they never seemed to cause a problem.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd try a little goo gone to remove any adhesive that was left on the table. Hopefully that won't cause further stains, but may be worth the experiment since you said it needs replacing anyways

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will try the goo gone, I tried Formula 409 on one of those super duper white sponge cleaner things, with no luck.

The colored reinforcements were Avery 1/4" Permanent, four different colors per sheet, bought at walmart.

Like others, I never had a problem with the white ones I had and still have, just those colored Avery ones.

If I had noticed the "Permanent" designation on the package I would not have bought them. But right next to them were white Avery Permanent, same reinforcements but white only. I am not sure if that is the same as the white ones I used without problems - those were bought two years ago and I may not have the package anymore.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received mine last Friday, here's a brief review.

There are a number of shots the same or similar to Target Pool. However, plenty of new shots. The full and half targets are made of a satin type material. Makes it a little tough to position, as it is flimsy, but if you take the time to flatten it out, it has minimal affect on the roll of the cb. The book of shots is very well organized, easy to understand, lots of good information for each shot and the shot selection is quite robust.

I think this product is fantastic! It has already helped my game. It is amazing how many shot positions can be played with slow speed finesse and still get up and down the table. Not only do you learn cb position, but this is also a great stroke trainer as you can only be successful on many of the shots by stroking it correctly.

This product also makes practice more fun and focused.

This is undoubtedly the best pool training product I have purchased. If the dog chewed mine up tonight, I'd order a replacement first thing in the morning, even if it were double the price, and I'd pay express shipping. Great works Jeremiah!

I'd offer one suggestion. I think an online download able video of each shot being demonstrated, with a verbal description of the shot process, would be very helpful. I'd gladly pay extra for this.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just ordered one. Can't help it. I still think the price is a tad high, but not exorbitantly too high. I enjoy skill drills like this too much to pass on it. I always wanted a target pool and this seems like the best thing to come out since then.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got mine this weekend. Looks like a great tool. First impression is that main target is huge, but that's ok as it's a better scale for people that are learning. look forward to playing with it when i get my table at home set up