Butch, who are these guys?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HA HA - Beware Shane! We have the largest Italian - American population ever for a major U.S. pool tournament. The role call: Sclafani, Meglino, Salerno, Adolini, Alfonso, Rudi, Labonte, Lombardo, Testa, Scarlato, Ciamparelii, and Coppola - ( Francisco and Serrano?) My apologies if I left anyone out here.

I'll offer a weekend down here in beautiful Naples, Florida and the best home cooked Italian meal you ever had if any of you guys can bring back the title. Remember the past champions of your sport- Mosconi, Ponzi, Butera, Liscotti, etc. and the spirit of those past sports champions and legends looking down to lift you up in your quest ( DiMaggio, Marciano, Graziano, La Motta, Basilio, Andretti, Esposito)

Buona Fortuna! Che Dio Sia Con Te. Good Luck and God be with you(y)(y)

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
LOL. The 2019 US Open field was probably the toughest field ever assembled in the 9-ball era on American soil. Yes, this year the field is slightly weaker, but this title will be very hard to come by for even the most elite.

Even once you get down to the last sixteen single elimination stage, it's like a minefield. To win the 2019 event, Josh Filler had to beat, with Fargo in parentheses, Jayson Shaw (825), Francisco Sanchez Ruiz (815), Jeff DeLuna (795) and Wu Jiaqing (827).

Shane will certainly be among those to be reckoned with, but he'll have to brig his best.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
LOL. The 2019 US Open field was probably the toughest field ever assembled in the 9-ball era on American soil. Yes, this year the field is slightly weaker, but this title will be very hard to come by for even the most elite.

Even once you get down to the last sixteen single elimination stage, it's like a minefield. To win the 2019 event, Josh Filler had to beat, with Fargo in parentheses, Jayson Shaw (825), Francisco Sanchez Ruiz (815), Jeff DeLuna (795) and Wu Jiaqing (827).

Shane will certainly be among those to be reckoned with, but he'll have to brig his best.
If the best are in the brig, he's got a great chance of #6 😜

• Haha
Reactions: sjm

JC

Coos Cues
Don't be fooled by the dead money, when it gets toward the end there will be plenty of world class competition.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HA HA - Beware Shane! We have the largest Italian - American population ever for a major U.S. pool tournament. The role call: Sclafani, Meglino, Salerno, Adolini, Alfonso, Rudi, Labonte, Lombardo, Testa, Scarlato, Ciamparelii, and Coppola - ( Francisco and Serrano?) My apologies if I left anyone out here.

I'll offer a weekend down here in beautiful Naples, Florida and the best home cooked Italian meal you ever had if any of you guys can bring back the title. Remember the past champions of your sport- Mosconi, Ponzi, Butera, Liscotti, etc. and the spirit of those past sports champions and legends looking down to lift you up in your quest ( DiMaggio, Marciano, Graziano, La Motta, Basilio, Andretti, Esposito)

Damn, I may just drive over for that meal!

I’ll bring a nice Amarone!

😊

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, I may just drive over for that meal! 😊
Ha Ha! Remember- REAL Italians actually end their main meal with the salad. First is the antipasto, second is the pasta, THEN the meat or fish. As for the desert and espresso/cappucino AFTER the salad- well that would be home made too!

I remember when my best friend from college came to my home for a meal - my mom was cooking then, and he looked in disbelief as the salad came at the end of the main meal- so funny! :)

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha Ha! Remember- REAL Italians actually end their main meal with the salad. First is the antipasto, second is the pasta, THEN the meat or fish. As for the desert and espresso/cappucino AFTER the salad- well that would be home made too!

I remember when my best friend from college came to my home for a meal - my mom was cooking then, and he looked in disbelief as the salad came at the end of the main meal- so funny! :)
Truth!

Sadly, most Americans are too impatient to linger over a spectacular meal for that long…

Some of my favorites are the easiest. A simple spaghetti aglio e olio to accompany a beautiful bistecca alla fiorentina. Even a ham handed American like me can serve up something passable that mama might at least not want to give to the dogs. 😁

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

i would love to see anthony meglino win
got to meet him when he came to touneys in vero
often came with melrose....too bad he (melrose) doesnt play anymore

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't care who is there. If The Taiwan Typhoon Boys (Ko brothers and friends) and Mainland China and a lot of the Philippines players aren't there it sure as hell going to be easier to win than if they were. That isn't to say it's going to be a cakewalk but if I was a world class player and had a choice of either playing big Ko or Dawn Hopkins it wouldn't take me forever to decide who I'd like to face.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would love to see anthony meglino win
got to meet him when he came to touneys in vero
often came with melrose....too bad he (melrose) doesnt play anymore
Anthony can flat out play! I doubt anyone would intimidate him at the table. Would not be surprised if he goes long in this event.

Reactions: bbb